Version 2: 2kg lost, 3 to go

I'll be restarting the whole shebang in January and must admit that the thought of sitting down with a whole chicken makes me feel quite excited! Daft but true! Only on Dukan can one eat such things without the slightest guilt!
How many days nicotine free are you now? I bet your hair smells lovely. While, as a smoker, I never noticed that my clothes or hell smelled horrible, I did notice how sweet smelling my hair was once I'd quit!
x

hahahah i know exactly what you mean! my mum and sis randomly tell me that im eating too much and i have to remind them that it dont matter and thats whats helping me loose!

today is day 21. 203 cigarettes not smoked and 20 hrs of my life saved (according to my iphone app :p).

i still cannot smell anything - my nose is still stuffed up. i cant wait for my lungs to finish clearing out!

oh shaun t makes u work for his time ;)

i know what you mean about exercise and cambridge... i attempted exercise when i did cambridge but just didn't feel it. and it left me extremely hungry (obviously!). but that's what i love about Dukan - i eat so much that i can put my 100% in working out.

thanks for the kind words bev and i did hear from him when he landed. was just being a real chick that day. he is my bestest friend and i was just feeling sorry for myself for nothing! all over it :)

yesterday was a good day (in fact the whole week now i have been eating extremely clean). but woke up to TOTM and now feeling bloated and nauseous (i get that on the first day)...

two weeks to Christmas and 1.5 kgs to go! i think i should just be able to nail that :p

hope you have a lovely day xx

Oh I'm so glad you heard from your mate,..... And I totally get it, I could make myself miserable whilst alone in a locked room (yeah. Think about that. My potential to drive myself nuts is literally boundless :D)

I cannot believe you're suffering through TOTM too. SNAP! Ugh. I'm drained and fighting off irrational cravings..... I have figured out that my craving for meat, meat, meat (mind out of the gutter folks! Lol) means I need to go back on my course of iron, so I'll do that rather than go hog wild (hey! A bad pun! Cool.)

Thank you love, I'll try to have a good 100% day, I hope you do too xx I'm off to sulk about being a girl xxx Ugh.

Love your writing style Beverley! Anyone who can make me smile at this unearthly hour is worth her weight in gold! :D

Love your writing style Beverley! Anyone who can make me smile at this unearthly hour is worth her weight in gold! :D

In complete agreement here.

Bev - time to do something about it ;)

Thank you lovely! Now you've started Bonkers off on her favourite topic though!! Although I have promised to get off my laurels and finally write something for my Minimins family lol. I love reading and writing so much that your compliments make me so happy, so thank you, thank you, thank you :D

Okay. On to diet news. Am I the only person that still feels like a fatty? Do I need counselling? Why isit that I knew (to the inch) that I was a Snuffleupacus-esque size 24 at my heaviest, but have no clue what actual size I am now? And harbour a sneaking suspicion that if I so much as blink wrong I'll wake up right back where I started? Uh huh. Feeling mild (;)) anxiety about Christmas folks. What are your strategies going to be for the day? xx

Have you seen the Christmas post over in the main forum posted by Lottalose? There are some great ideas in there. As for my personal strategies, ho hum... I'm currently OFF Dukan (big time) and will return to the fold, a lot heavier, in January!

I see you have lost almost three stone which is an incredible achievement! I hope you'll be buying yourself some new clothes so that you show off this new bod!
I presume, on Cambridge, the whole eating issue at Christmas is actually quite "easy" - you just don't eat, right?! ho hum!
:D

Hi Bonkers.. thought I'd give you a look as our paths cross quite frequently on the chit-chat line.
My! Haven't you done well!! That's a fantastic loss in such a short time and well done on the whole health aspect too. Being diabetic too, altho' I don't have to take meds, it was very gratifying when my Db nurse told me that all my symptoms were greatly decreased due to having lost weight... well worth every effort methinks.
Keep up the good work.

Thank you lovely! Now you've started Bonkers off on her favourite topic though!! Although I have promised to get off my laurels and finally write something for my Minimins family lol. I love reading and writing so much that your compliments make me so happy, so thank you, thank you, thank you :D

Okay. On to diet news. Am I the only person that still feels like a fatty? Do I need counselling? Why isit that I knew (to the inch) that I was a Snuffleupacus-esque size 24 at my heaviest, but have no clue what actual size I am now? And harbour a sneaking suspicion that if I so much as blink wrong I'll wake up right back where I started? Uh huh. Feeling mild (;)) anxiety about Christmas folks. What are your strategies going to be for the day? xx

Bev - you need to go out and buy you a new dress for Christmas! And when you step into a smaller size dress you will feel just great xx

Christmas - planned cheat day. Its my little niece' 2nd bday as well so I'm not going to think about what i eat that day - ooooo - potatoes and cake :drool: :gimi:

Hi Bonkers.. thought I'd give you a look as our paths cross quite frequently on the chit-chat line.
My! Haven't you done well!! That's a fantastic loss in such a short time and well done on the whole health aspect too. Being diabetic too, altho' I don't have to take meds, it was very gratifying when my Db nurse told me that all my symptoms were greatly decreased due to having lost weight... well worth every effort methinks.
Keep up the good work.

Hi Emmaline

We do seem to be the most active on chit chat lately :p

Thank you for your kind words. And right back at you! I checked your page out a couple of days ago and loving your menu :).

Agree, just knowing that health-wise things are getting back to normal makes this all worthwhile.

Hope you have a great day ahead xx

Bev - you need to go out and buy you a new dress for Christmas! And when you step into a smaller size dress you will feel just great xx

Christmas - planned cheat day. Its my little niece' 2nd bday as well so I'm not going to think about what i eat that day - ooooo - potatoes and cake :drool: :gimi:

Lol I know! I'm getting a bit obsessed about Christmas dinner myself :D

You know what? You're right - I need to buy something cute for a Christmas day outfit to (a) make me feel better and (b) help me set it firmly in my mind that I have lost weight :) xx

I presume, on Cambridge, the whole eating issue at Christmas is actually quite "easy" - you just don't eat, right?! ho hum!

... Er... Let's not be hasty!!!! Hahaha :D Oh yes I'll be eating on Christmas day (especially as I'll be doing all the cooking!) but I'll limit my carb intake, avoid unnecessary chocs and sweets (not a huge sacrifice as I'm more a savouries fan anyway), and stick to protein and veg (got to research low carb vegetables)..... Simples :) I'm going to take a hit on the weight loss that week, but we not only have to get healthy - we have to be sane at the end of this journey, so I'll just avoid the scales (i.e hide them in the boot of my car lol) and jump right back on Cambridge the next day.

You're spot on, I will have to get a new Christmas outfit .... Just to visually convince myself I really have lost the weight you understand ;)

Thank you, 3 stone is pretty amazing, it's stupid, but you almost forget sometimes! x

Hi Emmaline

We do seem to be the most active on chit chat lately :p

Thank you for your kind words. And right back at you! I checked your page out a couple of days ago and loving your menu :).

Agree, just knowing that health-wise things are getting back to normal makes this all worthwhile.

Hope you have a great day ahead xx

... and you didn't even say hallo..
big-tears.gif

Hope you have a good day.. :)

Hey bev

8 am here. Just woke up. Going out for breakfast n the weekly shop with my sister in an hour. Planned to do my exercise before I left but... Today is the weekend here so I should be able to squeeze it in later today.

Later I'm heading off to the salon to get my nails done. I love going there as its so relaxing with a mini hand and foot massage.

Nothing major to report. All going to plan. Although totm is having a real emotional impact on me this time. I keep thinking oh what could have been and having moments where I feel I'm just going to burst into tears. A day to go now (if my body sticks to its routine). So hopefully gets back to normal soon.

Hope you have a wonderful day xx

Oh love, sorry to hear TOTM is kicking your butt emotionally. Is it a person or a situation (your 'could have been)? People come into our lives for "a reason, a season, or a lifetime" .... sometimes they're just in our lives to teach us something, and as Iyanla Vanzant (motivational speaker) says: There is value in every one of life's valleys. Find the value in your missed situation, then move on. You are complete just as you are, loved and valuable; and right here, this moment and space in your life is where you need to be. It's impossible to show up late for your own life sweetie - this is it. You're where you are meant to be. And it has value :)

Hopefully Aunty Flo will sod off tomorrow and you'll be back to your normal positive self (((Big Hugs))) xx Enjoy your pamper session xx:hug99:

Oh love, sorry to hear TOTM is kicking your butt emotionally. Is it a person or a situation (your 'could have been)? People come into our lives for "a reason, a season, or a lifetime" .... sometimes they're just in our lives to teach us something, and as Iyanla Vanzant (motivational speaker) says: There is value in every one of life's valleys. Find the value in your missed situation, then move on. You are complete just as you are, loved and valuable; and right here, this moment and space in your life is where you need to be. It's impossible to show up late for your own life sweetie - this is it. You're where you are meant to be. And it has value :)

Hopefully Aunty Flo will sod off tomorrow and you'll be back to your normal positive self (((Big Hugs))) xx Enjoy your pamper session xx:hug99:

Hi Bev

Its actually "what will never be"... :cry: And i knew that going into it, but you can only kid yourself so much and at times it catches up with you.

On the good news front - Aunty Flo has said her goodbyes and left me a whopping 1.8kg lighter! That's my next (and Xmas) goal complete! A week ahead of schedule :clap:. And one more inch off my waist!

Also, had to go to buy a some jeans on Fri (all the ones in my cupboard falling off me). And did I buy a size 22 - no, a size 20 - no. I actually fit into a size 18!!!!! I was practically jumping for joy in the changing rooms. Plus it was on sale! And also bought me a size 18 denim skirt - just because I could :p.

Still not ticking off my Size 20 goal though - some 20 tops not yet fitting. Maybe next week?

I'm gonna stop now and pop over to your diary and say hello!

i forgot to mention that i have a raging headache from "quitters cough" :rolleyes:.

i cant wait for my lungs to clear out - research shows it can take upto 6 months - not looking forward to that!

Go you! Well done, well done, well done! 1.8kg and straight into size 18 :D Fabulous..... I'm thrilled for you! Can you believe we're doing this!?!

Easy breezy (nevermind the irrational cravings and mood swings from hell!) ..... Though we might have to thank Aunty Flo next time she shows her a$$ lol

What a great way to start a Sunday :clap::clap::clap: xx

i forgot to mention that i have a raging headache from "quitters cough" :rolleyes:.

i cant wait for my lungs to clear out - research shows it can take upto 6 months - not looking forward to that!

That really sounds nasty hon, maybe a trip to an internist/GP in the New Year just to see if they can speed up the process/make sure all's okay? This is starting to sound a tad like bronchitis. Don't like the sound of it. I hope that apart from clearing your lungs you're well in yourself and have energy? Have you tried a good old menthol steam inhale (towel over your head, the whole nine yards)?

Stay well gorgeous xx

Back