£1.23 I tell ya! £1.23!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KD, 18 December 2006 Social URL.

1. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Had a card through the door the other day. It seems that a package couldn't be delivered because the full amount of postage hadn't been paid.

Excitement!! Who is sending me a package??!!:eek::)

Wait until I have a full moment to breath and travel 5 miles to the collecting office with my £1.23 and identity papers to collect exciting package.

Queue up almost back to my house again:( Get to the front of the queue, hand over £1.23 and I'm handed a mini envelope.

Well...smaller than I expected..but hey...you can get a few £10 notes in a mini envelope if you fold them correctly.

Didn't feel like it had anything in it though:confused:

Opened it up. No £10 notes :( but there was a mini christmas card.

Now, what I want to know, is who the heck Uncle Cyril is??

Anyone know? Does he belong to any of you?:confused:
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

The Harcombe Diet
    Well I used to have an Uncle Cyril, but he sadly passed away a few year ago. Mind you that would explain the extortionate postage charge :eek: How can a small card cost £1.23 in postage?????
  4. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

I had one of these a couple of weeks ago apparently £1.00 is for the handling charge!
  5. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

The Harcombe Diet
    Ah, that would explain it.:rolleyes:
  6. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    measure up
    that is a rip off
  7. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

Tiz true a rip off. I didn't collect it last time I did it was junk mail and a much larger envelope costing more.

Anyway I don't want people 'handling my mail' as a special service, let alone charging it for me. Don't they handle the mail anyway:confused: Isn't that what the Post Office does:eek:
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.