0 Point Soup

giles86

Silver Member
Hi

Does anyone happen to have the recipe for 0 points soup? I used to make the version from the old points system but lost my book with it in so if anyone has it I would greatly appreciate it

Am I right in thinking the 0 pro point version is different?

Thank you!

butternut squash and red pepper soup

ingredients
1 large onion
1 butternut squash
1 red pepper
2 veg stock cubes
parsley

cut everything into chunks in a big saucepan
ad 2 pints of water and 2 veg stock cubes boil untill soft then blend add some parsley at the end if you like.

Another 0pp vegetable soup

It is quick to prepare, super-easy to make, and is extremely filling.

Makes 4 servings
0-1pp per serving
Prep & cooking time - 40 minutes

Ingredients:

1 × very large courgette, finely chopped
2 × large carrots, finely chopped
2 × white onions, finely chopped
2 × large leeks, sliced
½ cup of butternut squash, finely chopped (optional, but adds a lovely sweetness)
1 × stick of celery, finely chopped
½ very small parsnip, finely chopped (not enough to require pointing)
2 × vegetable Oxo cubes, crumbled
2 × small bay leaves
2 × cloves garlic, roughly chopped or crushed
1tsp tomato purée
Low-calorie spray oil
Enough hot water to cover

Method:

1. Using a few sprays of oil, sweat all of the vegetables and the garlic in a large pan for 10-15 minutes until soft and tender.

2. Add the bay leaves, the crumbled Oxo cubes, and the tomato purée.

3. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables.

4. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.

5. Remove the bay leaves and blend the soup using a stick-blender until very smooth and no lumps remain.

6. Add more water if necessary to adjust consistency (I prefer it very thick as I find it much more filling).

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Here's another one, my fav

Italian-Inspired 0PP Soup

Makes 12 servings
ProPoints® value | 0 per serving

Ingredients
o 40g chicory, chopped
o 2 cloves garlic, minced
o 160g onions, chopped
o 30g baby spinach
o 2 small courgettes, cubed
o 1 medium red pepper, chopped
o 1 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
o 1440ml vegetable stock
o 800g canned chopped tomatoes
o ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
o 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
o 1 tsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
o ¾ tsp salt
o ¼ tsp black pepper
o 25g fresh parsley, chopped
o 25g fresh basil
Instructions
Put the chicory, garlic, onions, spinach, courgette, red pepper, fennel bulb, vegetable stock, chopped tomatoes, red pepper flakes, thyme and oregano into a large soup pot. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and simmer, partly covered, for about 10 minutes. Season and add the parsley and basil. Serve.

Thanks alot michelle! I know what I'll be making tomorrow that Italian soup sounds delicious x

giles86 said:
Thanks alot michelle! I know what I'll be making tomorrow that Italian soup sounds delicious x

Yes it is delicious :-D

Carrot and Chilli soup - 1lb of carrots, an onion, leek, 1 garlic clove, chilli flakes (to your desired heat), water and a chicken oxo cube. Chop, boil until soft then blend. Its lovely

Hi Michellethegooner,

I came to this thread to get recipes for 0 PP soups and I noticed apart from the great recipes, your current weight loss! It is such an inspiration to see someone who has lost so much on PP's! I just started WW today and I have about 8 and half to 9 stones tops to lose... Great weight loss - you must be so happy! Was it difficult sticking to the plan all this time? A x

Hi Michellethegooner,

I came to this thread to get recipes for 0 PP soups and I noticed apart from the great recipes, your current weight loss! It is such an inspiration to see someone who has lost so much on PP's! I just started WW today and I have about 8 and half to 9 stones tops to lose... Great weight loss - you must be so happy! Was it difficult sticking to the plan all this time? A x

Thank you, yes I am delighted with how much Ive lost, pp's is a great plan, & fairly easy to stick to, I have had my blips, mostly special occasions, but once I am honest with myself, I'm not usually disappointed, I had 3 gains in the 15 mths I've been doing it, but all 3 were expected lol.

U will do great, and before u know people will be looking to you for inspiration, just stick with it, b honest & realistic, we are in it for the long haul, I found setting myself mini targets really helped rather than focusing on the overall result, there are some great challenges on here, and you'll get all the support u need here, Im always lurking about lol

Thank you, yes I am delighted with how much Ive lost, pp's is a great plan, & fairly easy to stick to, I have had my blips, mostly special occasions, but once I am honest with myself, I'm not usually disappointed, I had 3 gains in the 15 mths I've been doing it, but all 3 were expected lol.

U will do great, and before u know people will be looking to you for inspiration, just stick with it, b honest & realistic, we are in it for the long haul, I found setting myself mini targets really helped rather than focusing on the overall result, there are some great challenges on here, and you'll get all the support u need here, Im always lurking about lol

Wow! Only 3 gains in 15 mths! That is fantastic! So encouraging ! I was sooo worried that I would not be able to lose a big amount of weight on WW's (I lost 10 stones 10 pounds in August 2007 doing LL but didn't do the management due to personal problems...but didn't want to take the same route again...thought the gentler approach might be a lot kinder to me and my boys....:)) Just so nice to meet a real life person who has almost done it! x

Back