New Cambridge 2023/2024 Losing to Maintaining Journey Together

Visualizing

Hi Cambridge Dieters 🩷

I am looking to start a new 1-1 Cambridge chat to support each other all the way from losing to maintaining. A stone a month is the average and it’s really exciting when we start to see the results. I’d forgotten! It’s so much easier now with a phone consultation, a consultant who’s there however much or little you need them, I weigh myself which I prefer and far more product choice than we had years ago 💫

I had huge success with this plan before children 14 years ago (used this forum a lot). Moving forward having the usual battles with yo-yo dieting on and off, I took the plunge and started Cambridge 6.5 weeks ago and I am loving it. For some reason my head seems to be in the right place and I’m being stubborn and sticking religiously to plan (1B - my choice to have 4 products). This is regardless of celebration meals, holidays, friends meals out etc. I don’t want to faff, I just want to get the weight off and then learn to move up the plans properly which I didn’t do previously.

Last weigh-in was Saturday 6 weeks and I’m on track with a 21lbs drop (had been away 5 days and took my packs with me). My initial goal is 4 & half stone although healthy BMI says 5 stone. I’ll decide when I get there. I started mid June so by mid November I may have the 5 stone off which is mind blowing to me.

I am determined now at mid 40’s to get healthy and stop being so exhausted all the time. I feel absolutely amazing this last 6 weeks - so much energy and not hiding from being photographed at last. I only had day 2 of brief headache and that was it. No hunger at all….. I’m shocked. It’s brilliant.

I am a really busy working Mum with a full time career where I need to be super confident and 2 daughters who are also non stop with their activities keeping me on the go always.

I would love if anyone is having a read to hop on, say hi and share your story. If we can share our journey together, take time to appreciate what we are achieving, lift each other up and celebrate that would be wonderful.

Good luck to everyone xx

Ps
•I can’t wait to enjoy fashion again. To go clothes shopping with my daughters and have a choice of what I buy.
At 9 weeks this is already starting to happen 🥳
•My skin & hair improved within days of starting. At 9 weeks I’ve had a compliment about how lovely my skin is. I have never had this before.
•My eyes are brighter.
•I sleep through the night and wake up alert.
At 9 weeks, I’m so used to good sleep now that I’d forgotten how bad my sleep was before.
•I have loads of energy and feel happy. At 9 weeks this has increased. I feel so good.
•People started to compliment me which hasn’t happened in years. At 9 weeks people are noticing my hair, skin & clothes. Close family see the weight loss.
•I’m really appreciating the weight loss journey this time having carried around 4-5 extra stone for a few years and hating it.
•I am looking forward to Christmas where I am going to be at my goal weight and feeling fabulous.

Last edited:
For those that are around many years, I was originally on here as Sunshine Singer and ran the Shrinklies Cambridge thread for quite a while. We lost a lot of weight together. I’d love to see old faces again.

Hi @Visualizing and welcome back. I have no idea about the Cambridge diet but here to support you. You seem to be off to a great start.

Hi @Visualizing

I am currently on day 6 of the 1:1 CWP - I honestly could have written your original message!
I did CWP 9 years ago and have gained, lost, re-gained the weight and had my beautiful daughter in between who is now 1. But feel in a completely different headspace right now. I feel so motivated. I really hope it lasts! I want to be the best version of myself for my baby.

I’ve been searching for support networks and really struggling to find some so was very happy to see your message.

How are you getting on? Xx

Hi @Visualizing

I am currently on day 6 of the 1:1 CWP - I honestly could have written your original message!
I did CWP 9 years ago and have gained, lost, re-gained the weight and had my beautiful daughter in between who is now 1. But feel in a completely different headspace right now. I feel so motivated. I really hope it lasts! I want to be the best version of myself for my baby.

I’ve been searching for support networks and really struggling to find some so was very happy to see your message.

How are you getting on? Xx
Hi @boppy123 Just seen your message. Ah that’s so good you’re feeling motivated. So how did you get on with weigh day today? Day 7? I’m 7 weeks tomorrow and still 💯 on this. I know I have lost inches this week.
How great are all these new products compared to years ago?

Seems to be a few of us around now and it's up to us to keep the place moving

My replies are awaiting a moderator to approve them which is new to me here so I am sorry for delayed responses.

1lb off this week so 22lbs down in 7 weeks. Going to up my water this week to see how close I can get to the 28lbs mark by next Saturday. Picked up new supplies today after a day out with an old friends and my daughters. Brought a bar with me to have with coffee while they had lunch. It’s becoming the norm for me now. I’m sticking with it while my head is in the right place.

I hope others are doing well. I’ll have a nose at everyone’s live threads soon and say hi. Xx

@Pierce
Hi, I hope you are well. Can you please fix whatever this is that’s not allowing my posts to show. My replies don’t get seen / approved and so I’m not posting. Thanks so much.

All seem to be showing now
And i havent seen Pierce around at all this year

All seem to be showing now
And i havent seen Pierce around at all this year
Oh really? How are you getting on with your journey? I need to have a proper nose at everyone’s posts. Just reluctant to post as each post requires a check so there’s no instant replies 🤣 Not helpful when offering support at the time or if needing it at some point.

Thanks for popping by xxx

Keep posting, I think you need a minimum amount before they become instant.

Only 1lb so far this week. Weigh day tomorrow. I really hope the scales move down to get me closer to the 2 stone mark. I know the weight will come off eventually being 💯 but motivation comes easier when the weight comes off quickly…..Especially when the losses come. It’s early days so I should really being losing quicker at this point. Fingers crossed for a drop tomorrow morning 🤞🏻
Thai is after staying on plan even with a day in London yesterday and family staying at the mo. Not gone off my plan at all. Stay strong me.

So 1lb off this week. 23lbs down. I’ll keep going. Hopefully a good week to come and I’ll get to my 2 stone off quickly. Determined dot com.

You’re doing so well, I definitely found last time my monthly cycle played a major part in how much weight loss the scales showed each week - I’m imagining us in our forties will maybe find that even more now! So drinking more water a good plan. Rereading my diary I came across that a few people recommended water retention tablets from the chemist…I’m going to research them.
Again, way to go you!

Hi @boppy123 Just seen your message. Ah that’s so good you’re feeling motivated. So how did you get on with weigh day today? Day 7? I’m 7 weeks tomorrow and still 💯 on this. I know I have lost inches this week.
How great are all these new products compared to years ago?
Sorry I’ve not logged on in a while. Week one down 5lbs and week two down 3lbs - I remember losing about 9lbs in my first week before so part of me was a little disappointed but I need to just think that it’s going in a great direction! I’m just being impatient!!!

7 weeks on it is incredible! Well done 👏🏼
The products are miles better than years ago! I’m so glad about that!

That’s brilliant! Well done you. I know it can seem demoralising not losing as quickly as previously but a loss is a loss is a loss, and you are 8 bags of sugar less!

Back