1 Pound in 2 weeks

Nightwolf

1 bloody pound, and I have s tuck to the diet, is this normal? I lost loads at first, the first stone went really well, not for 2 weeks I lose 1 poxy pound, in fact in 3 weeks I lost 4 pound only. Any boosting tips? lol

Hey nightwolf its better than nothing! I know its disappointing when you have put in all the hard work. I've got no tips but do have this I copied from a cd thread, hope it makes you feel a little better x

Hello, do you know me?
If you don't you should. I'm a pound of fat, and I'm the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me;
I'm Only One Pound, just a pound.
Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds or fifteen pounds, but never only one,
so I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself ever so slyly so that you never seem to notice it, that is until I've grown to ten, twenty or even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it's fun being Only One Pound of fat, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying "Oh, I only lost one pound."
( as if that were such a terrible thing!)
For you see, if you do this you'll encourage others to keep me around because they will think I'm not worth losing.
And I love being around you -
your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
Happy Days!! After all, I'm Only One Pound of fat!!!

thats awesome and so true, we can be so hard on ourselves. but u have to dig in there cos eventually the results will show. i had a few weeks of losing a pound or half. but i stuck with it because i knew what im doing is right. and now its going great again. i think we all need to be proud of ourselves. losing weight can be hard. and 4 and half pounds is good. imagine how unhappy you'd be if you'd put that on.

I think it's easy to become complacent as well when you've been doing the plan successfully for a while. You start guesstimating weights and measures, or fall into patterns of eating the same thing all the time.

My suggestions would be to:
  • keep a food diary and write down everything that passes your lips. Post it on the board so we can give advice on what you might need to change.
  • Also mess things up a bit - try lots of new and different foods and recipes. An athlete training for the olympics doesn't start a training plan and then stick to it for ever and a day. They keep challenging their bodies with new routines and you should be doing the same.
  • Make sure you're measuring everything that needs to to be measured.
  • And finally ... get active. Exercise is great for avoiding those plateaus.

Hi Nightwolf,

I only lost 3lbs in the last 4weeks so I know where you're coming from!

I always keep a food diary so my consultant can give me areas to work on. Last week she suggested making small changes even changing my cereal as Ive got stuck in a rut with what I eat. Try to vary meals, drink more water & little changes should have some sort of effect.

Please don't give up! As said above, are you eating the same things all the time? Are you eating enough? Sounds odd, but a girl at last night's class put 1lb on in her first week and hadn't used her syns and missed meals, last night she was frightened to get on the scales as "she'd never stopped eating". She lost 6 1/2 lbs. Are you drinking lots of water? How much have you got to lose? If it isn't a lot (ie under a stone ) you won't lose quickly and will have to be careful about portion sizes. Some substitutes we make can seem ok on the surface but be stuffed with syns. I got some easiyo yoghurt mix, same cals as mullerlight, but 10 1/2 syns because of the sugar content! :eek:
Why don't you post a days menus. We may be able to spot something you can't.

hey have you done your measurments? eventually everyone who does any sort of long term eating plan will have a gain or at the very least sts, its to do with our body changing and adjusting to a new metabolic rate, that being said you might still be loosing inches rather than just weight.
Get the tape measure out and have a look! Sending you good vibes hun xxx

Back