1 stone down, no difference in me!

I am waiting for someone to say they can see I've lost weight. Because when it's visible to other people then that's when you must start thinking - yeah I do look slimmer! :) well done on your weight loss Already - you are doing great! Xx

I think I started to actually notice it in the mirror at somewhere between 2 and 3 stone, although I had noticed that I'd started to fit into smaller clothes. I've just done a photo comparison of me before the weight loss and now and can really see the difference in my face - maybe try doing that.

Last edited:
I noticed weightloss after 2 and half stone loss and this is when other people in my group said wow as its really starting to show now. Shame its not coming off my tummy as quick as the rest but its not as bad as the beginning of my journey x

measure youtself ;) and you will find the losses there! i've lost 11.5lb and can't feel anything different, my clothes don't feel different either but i always wear stretchy lycra/leggings so won't notice for a while...

Will take time..but its worth it. I always wear the same clothes to weigh in pretty much, i think there are small differences but nothing major, am waiting until i feel something drastic and people start to notice

I've lost 1st 13lbs & I feel like my clothes are fitting better but the biggest difference I can see is how good my skin & hair are since I started SW; that plus the total absence of heartburn makes the whole thing worthwhile. The rest will come soon I hope, but I'm happy with the results so far :)

I've lost 15.5 lbs and feel that there is no difference in how I look and I'm still wearing the same clothes. However, i do feel healthier and have more energy which is the most important thing.

I'm the same, lost 1 stone but my clothes dont feel any different & not one person has noticed but i guess it's not as obvious when your much larger :(

People may have noticed but not wanted to say anything as its a very personall thing to talk about weight. I have lost 2.5stone and been at target for 12 months but some family members never mentioned my loss during my journey, and still dont now I am where I want to be. Just because its not mentioned it doesnt meen they havent noticed. Fantastic on your loss, keep going, youre doing soooooo well! :)

ditto everything above, short term goals and long term vision,

why not measure yourself every stone and see what the difference is in those numbers too

well done, keep going and you'll soon see the difference xx

I'm the same, lost 1 stone but my clothes dont feel any different & not one person has noticed but i guess it's not as obvious when your much larger :(

You tend to find clothes in the those larger sizes have a huge amount of give, I've heard of others who lost several stone and still wore the same Xxl shirts they wore when they started ..

Don't fret Lindsey though, what happens is you get a big change almost within the space of a few weeks. Everything feels the same and then all of a sudden, things start to fall off you.

I went to class with a friend, I was a bit heavier than him, maybe a couple of stone or so. But our waists were hugely different. I was a 52/54 inch waist in trousers and he was a 44 inch. That's a big difference. It seemed a lifetime away for me to ever get to that size. What happened was I slipped down to a 48 in the space of a three months, and then, it stayed the same for ages, despite me loosing weight week in and week out. And then one month, I think it might have been July, my waist just started to shrink and shrink. It didn't even tough 46, went to 44, lingered for a while, went to 40 where it stayed, and now sits at 38 inches.

I have lost a stone and a half a couple of people have only just commented about my weight loss. I also noticed today that my fave jeans are fairly loose now and I need a belt with them to stop them falling down! :D it takes a while for your body to catch on to the weight loss imo. Keep going and you will notice little things like loose clothing, or friends you havn't seen in a few weeks asking the best question "have you lost weight?"

A lady looks at me last night at a meeting, very seriously, looks over her glasses, and said exactly that "have you lost weight?".
I take it as a bit of a joke now, because while I don't think I look that different in the mirror I know I do look totally different. I told her, yes, just over seven and a half stone.

Back