1 stone to loose. Anyone similar??

Edel

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting, have never done anything like this before, but I feel at a lot of failed attempts at loosing weight, this makes me feel more accountable and will hopefully help hearing others stories.

I am 5 foot 4 and on Monday weighed 9 stone 13 and a half pounds. I decided Monday that I would try a carb free week and amazingly this morning Friday I weighed 9 stone 6 pounds! Delighted!! I feel that the carb free way is just unrealistic for me to continue but it was great to kick start my diet!
From now on I am going to follow the weight watchers plan to get to my goal weight which is 8 stone 7 pounds.

I hope that nobody judges me for having just a stone to loose but I have tried so many times and failed. Would love to hear of other peoples experiences and any tips that people might have.

I have gym membership and have recently taken up running(very slow and can't go far - but its a start)

I will be posting here every few days - any feedback is most welcome!

Edel :)

Your story mirrors mine I am 5.5 and weighed 9.8 on Wedneday and I just want to lose this stone! Why is it so tough? For nearly 3 years I have yoyoed between 9/10 stone but I have never lasted long enough to sustain anywhere in the 8's. I think the key it's doing it slowly, with real food?

I have been doing the Harcombe diet this week which is very low carb. And next week I'm going to follow the theory and either have a carb meal or a protein meal, seperating the 2.

I also have a gym membership and am going to start to go at least twice a week. Even if its just time where I don't eat that will be a bonus.

Lots of Goodluck and keep me updated. We can lobb this stone! Have you got a timeframe you want to loss it by?

Carly :)

Hey Carly!!

Great to hear from you!! I'm the exact same keep loosing the same few pounds and gaining them again! I really want this time to be different!

As for a timeframe, I presume after the weekend I will have gained maybe a pound of what I lost during the week purely from going out having a few drinks and reintroducing the carbs! I find the weekends almost impossible to "be good"! Monday is my weigh in day! I hope to have reached my goal and have toned up in time for a holiday in the summer the first week of July! I think that is manageable! What about you?

Hey Edel,

Gosh I know the weekend it the worst! Especially on a Sunday- Hangover and Sunday dinner always ends up in a feast' lets just make sure our portion sizes are smaller..hopefully that will help. Also have a baby shower tomorrow which will be cupcakes all round! Must be good. Ideally I would like to be down to 8.7 by 10th June as going away so we have pretty similar time frames.

Enjoy your weekend catch up with you next week. We can do this!!

Hi!!!

Well the weekend was very eventful and diet plan sort of went out the window on Saturday!!

Friday - Used 32 propoints (my reason for going over the 26 was because I had chips with my dinner...oopsy!!)
Saturday - Used a whopping 50 propoints - 26 of them being alcohol!! I love love LOVE smirnoff ice but at 7 propoints a bottle, this needs to be cut out of my life I think! My original plan was to have one bottle, as a sort of treat and move to vodka then but ended up in a round with friends and ended up having 3 instead! Must learn from this for next weekend.
Sunday - Used 24 propoints
Overall for last week I had 19 weekly points left over and 14 exercise points earned!!

I did not get to weigh in this morning so will update tomorrow - expecting to be gone up a pound since Friday, hopefully won't be any more than that!

How was your weekend Carly?

Hello :)

all sounds like you kept it under control though and still had a really good weekend :) I am sure your weight will still be minus which is what we want, please let me know how you get on :). I was so bad today :( the no carbs/caffine/sugar made me cave big time and once I started I literally couldn't stop munching. I'm not sure I will even lose a pound this week. So I have decided to get on the weight watchers band wagon with you too. It's the only way I'm sure of it! So point scoring as of tomorrow. So weight watchers buds we shall be! Good luck with the weigh on, let me know how you get on and I will let you know Weds morn xxxx

Weigh in today!!!!! Was 9st 6 1/2 lb this morning!! Really happy!! That is a loss of 7lb in a week, good kick start I think! Following weight watchers from no on. Any breakfast ideas? I was told by one of the trainers in the gym that ideally I should eat 4-5 egg whites each morning mixed with some veg. I tried this last week, found the taste and texture difficult to have first thing in the morning! Had 1 whole egg this morning, couldnt face into the egg whites this morning. Will try again tomorrow. I think having 4 egg whites is only 1pp!! Not bad!!

Congrats that's an amazing loss :) I weighed in and have lost 2 pounds which I am ok with as had a really bad weekend. Followed he WW yesterday, have porridge for breakfast 50g plus half milk half water 6 points but v filling. I have head red peppers are really good with egg whites?

Hi!!
Had a really bad weekend!! Between food and drink went over my propoints, but managed to stay at the same weight as last week 9st 6.5lb! So happy enough considering!
Have gotten the week off to a good start.
Monday: had only 11pp, went for a 4k run/walk and did a kettlebells class.
Tuesday: went over my propoints slightly to 29pp, went to the gym - mix of cardio and weights.
Wednesday: so far so good, have only had 5pp so far and will be going to the gym again later!!

Back on track :)

Hey :) good to hear from you. I also had a real wobble this weekend I blame the good weather. I weighed in at 9.7.8 a 2 point increase :( but I'm hoping it's just the weight of the weekend. I've been really good Tue and today went under my pp on Tue and 26 today. Lets get a loss this week :).

Lets keep strong!!

Hi Been reading your postings, i too am similiar been doing sw since last year only lost about 8 pounds, going to do ww again want to lose a stone, not sure if to sign up online special offer on what do you think lol x

Hi :) well done on the 8 pound loss. I signed up to the offer and paid for 3 months and told myself I need to lose the weight in that time. Do you have an iPhone? If so you can get the ap and it helps so much with the points calculation. Let me know what you decided and welcome to the 'stone to go' thread. I'm so determined to get it off by summer. Xxx

HI I have a blackberry can you get the app on that, do you think it worth the money doing it online x

Welcome Boofle!!
I cant do the online ww option as I am not living in the UK but I looked it up there and it sounds like a good deal!!
I am trying to follow the programme myself without going to the meetings, I used to be a member so I have all the info I needed to get started!!

My story this week - I updated last Wednesday and since then I have completely stuck to the plan!! I got in loads of exercise during the week including gym classes, gym programme and an 8k fun run at the weekend! But this morning I still weighed in at 9st6.5lb!! That is 2 weeks stuck at the same weight!! I am wondering is it because I am doing lots of weights and toning exercises in the gym and classes that I am gaining muscle maybe and not seeing the results on the scales??

Its really disheartening!!

Hi A few people at sw go gym and their losses were not very good, they say it takes time for your body to used to the exercise, as long as you are within your points allowance i am sure you will see a result, i weigh in in the morning lol x

I have been completely rubbish this weekend again! Gone way over my weeklies. Starting for the very last time tomorrow. I will update every Monday. I hope all is going well for everyone. Xxxx

Hey girls!!

Weighed in this morning!! 9st4lb!! Delighted :) Aim is to loose at least one pound next week!

Let's try to have a good week this week ladies :) We can do it!!!!

Back