10 weeks tomorrow and can't face healthy food!

ammonite

I had the best intentions to stick to extra easy on slimming world or even just three healthy meals plus healthy snacks each day. I'm failing miserably because I feel so sick. I am managing to eat (and have stayed the same weight for 6 weeks) a healthy breakfast, semi-healthy lunch and then evening meal just goes to pot because I can't plan food ahead so end up having a Mug Shot or fish fingers and chips.

I'm eating no fruit and veg (struggle any way due to gastro problems) but eating fortified cereal and on folic acid/iron supplements since 6 weeks to try and get some vitamins in me for the baby.

I'm already a good 3 stone overweight so cant afford to put lots more weight on! How can I get some healthy food into me when I feel so desperately sick :(

Hi and congratulations!

I'm almost 20 weeks and still suffer sickness, on meds which help but not always. So just wanted to say try go easy on urself, no point forcing something down if it doesn't agree with you! Unfortunately carby food stuffs seem to be the one thing that help the sickness lol so just go with what u feel like eating for now, small and often usually helps too. And in a few weeks u will be past this and can get all the fruit and veg u can manage back in you're diet.

I really do sympathise, its an awful thing and wears you out. For most mums to be its temporary though so hopefully you will be back to urself soon and can enjoy pregnancy.

X

Back