11 course gourmet meal

sun

Gold Member
:angeldevil:I have/had been dreading tonight for 3 weeks. My OH had been invited by a valid customer of his who owns a lovely country hotel to experience this monthly gourmet extravaganza, it is a reknowned evening, and I had managed to put it off for the last 2 months!

But tonight was the night. How would I cope when I am only at the end of week 5 of management.

The answer, impossible! I had decided to nibble each course and to leave what was not appropriate at week 5.

Canapes first, I nibbled at 1 smoked salmon and caviar, I thought I can cope with this (ha ha!).

Next was chestnut soup, it was to die for, I finished it:mad:

Next was smoked salmon, great I thought, very healthy, and I felt back in control:)

Next (bad oh so bad) Goose terrine, never tasted before, I died and went to heaven:eek:

Next scallops in white wine and chive sauce:break_diet:, kidded myself that the scallops were fine and healthy, (Er! did I mention the cream sauce)!

Next Lemon sorbet, to clean the pallet of course!

Next, Cod loin with smoked haddock mousse and red pepper sauce
(Fish again, fish is healthy, Right!)

Next, Braised belly of pork with crackling and root veg and cider jus.
(I DID NOT EAT THE CRACKLING):angeldevil:!

Next, Selection of british cheeses, with celery and grapes
(I did leave 95% of the cheese but enjoyed the grapes and celery)

Next, poached pear with creme anglais:cry:

Next, assiette of petit fours

Coffee

and last but not least wine

So, How do I feel now, a bit guilty, paranoid, its a one off, I have enjoyed it. Its in the past, and I know it has not changed my shape, so I may have put a couple of pounds on, but that will go within a couple of days.

sun x

I think you did brilliantly :)

I think you did really well at least you was thinking about what you was eating.Would you have pre lighterlife?Also if you get straight back too the plan it should be ok.

You've done fantastic on your diet. That Gillian women from 'you are what you eat' says if you eat healthily 80% of the time you can indulge yourself everynow and then. If this was your evening meal everynight then maybe it would not be a good idea, but as a once off ......go for it.

well done, at least you planned for it, and did your best.
Sounds like the sort of place, you'd pay a fortune to got to, I bet you looked a million dollars.
Back on the wagon now tho'.

aww thankyou everyone, I did weigh myself this morning and it was a 3lb gain, it is my official weigh in tomorrow night, so be it! I wont beat myself up, and I'll just get back on track.

sun
xxx

:clap:Very well done that was a challenge,:eat: you done it, got through it, and you have the right thinking. Its done and in the pass now go forward:happy096::talk017:

Well I gained 1lb and am extremely pleased with that!

xx

Back