11 Stone to lose - How many calories?

Chiara

Hi

I am just curious at how much all of you are allowing yourself calorie wise to eat per day.

I know that everyone is doing different diets and counting points, fat grams etc.

But I have been online trying to work out how many calories I can eat and still lose weight and they all give me different figures.

I have been eating 2000 cals a day and losing about 1 pound a week but I was wondering if people think that this is too much or too little as sometimes I get so hungry and I would like to eat more.

Thanks

Chiara

hopefully someone can help.
theres a calorie counting section-I think, they may be able to help.
I know when Ive watched programmes like Biggest loser and Obese-a year to save my life. They generally allow 1500.

although you have to take into account actual weight and any exercise you do.

good luck.xx

Chiara said:
Hi

I am just curious at how much all of you are allowing yourself calorie wise to eat per day.

I know that everyone is doing different diets and counting points, fat grams etc.

But I have been online trying to work out how many calories I can eat and still lose weight and they all give me different figures.

I have been eating 2000 cals a day and losing about 1 pound a week but I was wondering if people think that this is too much or too little as sometimes I get so hungry and I would like to eat more.

Thanks

Chiara

The best way to do it is to calculate you bmr(which is the amount of cals u need to just exist. Then there is a formula called the Harris Benedict Equation that works it out depending on how active u are etc.
Alternatively there is a great cal counting site/phone app called my fitness pal which works it all out for you :) HTH

I'm also using MyFitnessPal. It's a good way to educate yourself and get a good guideline. I've got a lot to lose too so wish us both luck!

I have 11 stone to lose as well. I'm aiming for around 1500-1600 calories per day. I also use myfitnesspal to track my calories, fats, carbs ect. :)

140Aimee said:
I have 11 stone to lose as well. I'm aiming for around 1500-1600 calories per day. I also use myfitnesspal to track my calories, fats, carbs ect. :)

Be careful to make sure that is enough tho, as if you have alot to lose, then you'll need enough cals to enable your body to lose weight :)

Back