I kinda know where you're coming from, I've lost 19lbs over 2 months and then this month it's gone down to just 2lb. I'm getting a little fed up with sticking to plan and not getting rewarded, sometimes I wish I could eat 'normally'. It would be cheaper and more convenient!
We've just got to stick it out even when it feels like we're getting nowhere and it feels like we'll never get to target. We women are made of stronger stuff lol!

I don't go to class because I couldn't afford it and found my consultant not as supportive ash she should have been, this site is so much better! I've never heard of a consultant saying anything bad about minimins!
I know what you mean, I'm unemployed atm and I simply can't afford any more food either, if you think you're eating enough and you're not hungry or going without then don't bankrupt yourself trying to fit more in. What kind of exercise do you do?

Fundamentally if a plan doesn't work, the plan needs to change. And I've said it before, but ultimately businesses who are in the business of selling weight-loss would lose all their regular income if the lifers actually managed to shed weight and leave ;)

My Slimming World knowledge is out of date (I was on it for a year about four years ago), but I too hit a plateau with SW. Mine lasted three months, and I got zero assistance from my consultant (because, in all honesty, "just stick with it" means I turn up every week and pays my money. I'm what the business-minded like to call reliable income).

What they don't really seem to understand is that if you get into a rut - either with food or exercise - your body settles down again. It adjusts. It adapts to the environment, and in this case your environment is red days and green days with a fairly reliable calorific intake.

Slimming World also convinces you that it's okay not to cut down on the volume of food you eat. Which... keeps your stomach large... Which... yes... helps you to overeat the moment you fall off the diet and gain all that weight again. Which helps you think "Slimming World lost me all that weight. I will give them even more of my money".

So, enough about Slimming World. What to do?

First, you've lost 61lbs! That's a brilliant achievement :D And don't go "But I gained this and lost that..." You lost 61lbs. That's eight newborn babies :p

Next up... Looking at your Food Diary, you're eating a very random amount. And much of it is the dreaded "free foods". I suggest that you start evaluating your red and green days in terms of calorific intake too. Use a calorie calculator to figure out the calorific content of the meals you're eating, and compare it to a bit of Googling on how many calories you need for your current weight and activity level. All that fruit might be hiding quite a nasty surprise. And 20tsp of lemon curd is almost pure refined sugar.

Try also not to eat the full 15 Syns allowance (it's an allowance, not a target). If you're plateau'd, one of the first things your consultant should be advising is to cut Syns a little. Try dropping them to 10 and see how that goes.

Finally if you find you need, say, 2,100 calories a day and you're intake is about 1,600 and you're not losing weight, it's time to tackle exercise. I realise that you're agoraphobic and getting hold of a Wii Fit board, but check out the Fitness & Exercise board for posts from Justin on Resistance Training. There are plenty of exercises that you can do in the peace of your own home which are designed to do some serious fat burning.

Good luck!

Love the post above! And it's true, a girl I know lost about 5 stone on SW, then piled alot of it back on. Not to say it doesn't work at all, but perhaps in the long run it's better to have a better understand of food and how much you need to eat, not how much you *can* eat.

Saying this, I know nada of SW, so could very well be talking rubbish!

OMG CrazyBrit! I couldn't have said it better myself! Our bodies are very clever, adaptive machines and you have to keep it on it's toes a bit!

Is the 2626 cals not to maintain your weight? It seems awful high to be losing weight on that amount - which would explain why you've not lost anything. Of course though it does depend on your age and activity levels.

I know that I need 2523 to maintain my weight, and to lose 1-2lbs per week I can have 1808 calories per day. I've been taking 1500 per day and losing on average 2.75lbs per week.

Well done on continuing and trying a diff aproach! I hope it will work and get you out of this plateau!

What day are you doing today? It sounds like it's an Extra Easy but you can only have one HEA and one HEB, if it was red you couldn't have the beans AND the jacket potato, if it was green you couldn't have the chicken AND the gammon. Do you see what I mean? I think I've spotted what's going wrong.

Back