what a brilliant thread.... i have done every diet under the sun and always started to wobble once i lost a stone, i go to sw but i am going to count the calories in what i eat aswell to make sure i start to loose again, thank you so much for the jolt i needed

Last edited:
actually the only good bit about this thread is the calorie counting bit to ensure that you are eating under your daily ammount required to maintain, the rest about sw consultant is v sad, it is a shame that things got that way, i am lucky in that our consultant is v professional and extremly caring, i am wondering though about the comments of 'it is in their intrests to keep you over weight' i am shocked to read that, i thought that sw cons. had a bonus for people at target who stil come to group, anyway just try and carry on put the nastyness behind you, and find another local group to attend

I hope that you have sorted ypur problems out and you have contiued with slimming world would be a shame to waste what u have achieved xx

i am wondering though about the comments of 'it is in their intrests to keep you over weight' i am shocked to read that, i thought that sw cons. had a bonus for people at target who stil come to group

I'm referring to the business model, not the individual consultant.

One kick up the a** coming up :D

You can't sleep because... you are stressing about sleeping. I know, it's paradoxical and weird, but you need to stop worrying about it. If you can't sleep, get out of bed and do something, otherwise your brain becomes conditioned to believe that bed is a place where you lay around thinking about sleeping instead of doing it.

Doesn't matter whether you read a book, do the laundry, or watch TV. Obviously try not to disturb your partner or the puppies, as the puppies need routine.

Your low energy is because you are overweight and eat far, far too much. It's a self-replicating cycle. If you ever want to get a good night's sleep and improve your energy levels you MUST start to exercise. And if you can manage a 2-5 hour walk every fortnight, you can manage it every day, believe me. Your body knows how to walk the distance, you just have very serious problems convincing yourself to get up and do it because your energy is all over the place.

Eating all the chocolate and processed foods is also cr*pping all over your energy levels. There's no need to repeat myself: everything you need to know about sugar is here: http://www.minimins.com/strugglers-restarters/122390-hate-sugar.html#post2126993

Stop looking for quick fixes. Weight Watchers can't possibly help you if you eat a Chinese every other night and five wispas in a day. Unless you start letting your stomach shrink you are going to keep on needing vast quantities of food to feel full, and if you always feel hungry you'll never be able to stick to 25 points.

Come on! You've done so well so far. You've lost OVER 25% of the total weight you want to lose! Over a quarter of your target and you've lost it already! Come on, how about you aim to shift another 5% in the next two months? Set yourself a target. 5% is about 7lbs. That's just under a pound a week.

How about it? You ready to lose 7lbs by your first February weigh-in?

One kick up the a** coming up :D

You can't sleep because... you are stressing about sleeping. I know, it's paradoxical and weird, but you need to stop worrying about it. If you can't sleep, get out of bed and do something, otherwise your brain becomes conditioned to believe that bed is a place where you lay around thinking about sleeping instead of doing it.

Doesn't matter whether you read a book, do the laundry, or watch TV. Obviously try not to disturb your partner or the puppies, as the puppies need routine.

Your low energy is because you are overweight and eat far, far too much. It's a self-replicating cycle. If you ever want to get a good night's sleep and improve your energy levels you MUST start to exercise. And if you can manage a 2-5 hour walk every fortnight, you can manage it every day, believe me. Your body knows how to walk the distance, you just have very serious problems convincing yourself to get up and do it because your energy is all over the place.

Eating all the chocolate and processed foods is also cr*pping all over your energy levels. There's no need to repeat myself: everything you need to know about sugar is here: http://www.minimins.com/strugglers-restarters/122390-hate-sugar.html#post2126993

Stop looking for quick fixes. Weight Watchers can't possibly help you if you eat a Chinese every other night and five wispas in a day. Unless you start letting your stomach shrink you are going to keep on needing vast quantities of food to feel full, and if you always feel hungry you'll never be able to stick to 25 points.

Come on! You've done so well so far. You've lost OVER 25% of the total weight you want to lose! Over a quarter of your target and you've lost it already! Come on, how about you aim to shift another 5% in the next two months? Set yourself a target. 5% is about 7lbs. That's just under a pound a week.

How about it? You ready to lose 7lbs by your first February weigh-in?

I can't sleep because of my Fiance and puppies snoring all night which is why Im on the net which helps me fall asleep, I literally cant sleep with any noise except my fan and wake up to any little noise!.

Im not tired because of weight and eating far too much, I am being checked out for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome actually and with the exception of that one day of Wispas, I hardly eat even one meal a day. Plus my body cannot manage a walk like that everyday when I walk for one day I am absolutely knocked out and dont have the energy to get out of bed for 2-3 days afterwards, plus most the time i do manage to walk i am on crutches because of my chronic pain and sciatica!!! which i am on loads of medication for!!

The chinese has been the last week or so only, its not a normal thing and the wispas was the one day and the first time i had eaten choc in weeks. Even if i was to have the chinese its less than half my daily points anyways.

Where u said about my stomach shrinking and always feeling hungry...I NEVER feel hungry hence only eating one meal a day and having to be told to eat enough, I struggle trying to eat 25 points a day as in i can never eat ENOUGH not I eat too much!!! My stomach is obv small enough as I was eating way less than my kids do which is why shes had to knock my points DOWN weekly!!

I hate it that I get judged as a typical fat person that eats too much and is lazy bcos she just cant be a**ed. If I could manage walking and all the rest daily I would love it, but I am in so much pain all the time and physically shattered it isnt possible.

Tobii-Rhea xx

Your reply to crazys kick up the butt is very very defensive, considering you asked for a kick up the butt, I am surprised at your response. If you go and look back at your previous post 45, you made the claim about eating chinese for the last three weeks, so why did you get so upset????

Heres another kickup the butt I am afraid, if your boyfriend snoring is stopping you sleep, then get him to sleep somewhere else in the home and you sleep in the bedroom by yourself, that way you can regulate your sleeping pattern and spend the quality time with your children like you want. In life sometimes, you have to make difficult choices, and seems like you have some to make.

I hate it that I get judged as a typical fat person that eats too much and is lazy bcos she just cant be a**ed. If I could manage walking and all the rest daily I would love it, but I am in so much pain all the time and physically shattered it isnt possible.

I'm not judging you. All I have to go on with regard to your eating and exercise habits are your own posts, and you asked for a kick up the backside, so I offered one.

You perceived an attack, where I believed that I was offering the encouragement you requested. I don't want to add to your stresses with more miscommunication, so I shall retire from this thread.

I wish you the best of luck :)

I agree, you did ask for a kick up the *rse. People here are only trying to help. Take a step back and read what you have put again:
I struggle trying to eat 25 points a day as in i can never eat ENOUGH not I eat too much!!
But you did say:
12 jars of Nutella (in about a week and a half)
20 packs of Butterkist popcorn (the small bags)
about 25 Alpen light bars
and a bag of Asda SP onion rings
I struggle in the winter as all I want to do is pig on snacky foods. Its been so bad that the past 3 weeks I have prob had a chinese every other night
Eg today I had a chinese (Beef chow mein, pork fried rice, chips and gravy...my partner and I had half of everything each so god knows how many points!!!!!) but i also had FIVE!!!!! wispas today....
Thats alot for someone who struggles to eat.
Ask anyone who has been overweight (including me) and you sleep better, medication decreases and health problems get better all with losing weight.
You have done well and noone is judging they are trying to help. What pacras and crazybrit has said is all true. Good luck

I'm sorry but you've had some of the best advice minimins can offer but you've thrown it back in the members faces, it's bothered me all night at work so I feel like I have to say something. From what you've said you sound like you have a lot on your plate and you have to consider if this is the right time to tackle your weight issues with all that going on? A person can only juggle so many balls in the air love. You've gone from SW to calorie counting and now you're on WW claiming that each time you're following the plan and that it's just not working for you but when you're eating things like Nutella and chinese food all the time what can you expect? The plans work if you stick to them, millions of people are evidence of that. I've seen people give some really good advice in this thread and you've gotten quite defensive because you think they're judging you but you don't have to answer to anyone but yourself.
These diet plans aren't just faddy diets that work overnight, you have to work hard at them and make some sacrifices, it's a lifestyle change and sometimes we all feel like reaching for the bad stuff but we don't because we want the weight loss more.
You can get defensive and have a go if you want and I wont argue with you if that's what you want to do but in the end you have a lot of issues going on and I don't think you're in the right place to take on your weight at the moment.

This is the perfect time to tackle my weight, the other problems I have are not likely to go any time soon so if i dont tackle it now then i never will.

What annoys me is that people are picking up on the odd few times I have binged and not any of the other time when I lost 5 stone myself.

@Sugar lips, You yourself said in the 2nd post of this thread that you had the same problems as me with sticking to plan and it not working so you have suddenly changed your tune.

You know I cant even be bothered to carry on replying because all I am going to get is cr*p so ill just stay away from Mini's and go it alone
Tobii-Rhea

It's sad to see you take this stance, instead of embracing all the positives you have received from Minimins and the good friends you have made. Sometimes in life you have to take the rough with the smooth, just like you have good days on the diet and in life, there will also be times when you have bad days and instead of running away and taking the view that everybody is against you, stand up tall and strong and keep going to goal.

I hope you have only taken a flounce and will return to get the support you really enjoy and continue to post and receive great advice. Good luck on your weight loss journey and whatever choices you decide to make for the future.

This is the perfect time to tackle my weight, the other problems I have are not likely to go any time soon so if i dont tackle it now then i never will.

What annoys me is that people are picking up on the odd few times I have binged and not any of the other time when I lost 5 stone myself.

@Sugar lips, You yourself said in the 2nd post of this thread that you had the same problems as me with sticking to plan and it not working so you have suddenly changed your tune.

You know I cant even be bothered to carry on replying because all I am going to get is cr*p so ill just stay away from Mini's and go it alone
Tobii-Rhea

At the risk of making a discussion last longer than it should what I said was this

I kinda know where you're coming from, I've lost 19lbs over 2 months and then this month it's gone down to just 2lb.
We've just got to stick it out even when it feels like we're getting nowhere and it feels like we'll never get to target. We women are made of stronger stuff lol!

You do have to tough it out and have faith that what you're doing is going to pay off in the long run. I was completely stuck for a while but still hung in there, no matter how tempting it was to give in to all the bad stuff and things are moving again. No one questions your motives or judges you for going off track but you don't seem to want to take on any of the advice given to you. Mine and others posts were meant to motivate you, based on the fact that when given this sort of boost most people grit their teeth and get on with it.
Don't leave because you've heard a few things you don't like because it's just childish. Swallow your pride and use this site as it was meant to be used, at the end of the day you'll only have yourself to blame if the scales don't move or heaven forbid go up. I now retire from this thread because I think you've got all you need to help you. Good luck.

Back