129lbs to lose - 14.75 gone, but 114.25 still to go!

Elvira

Mistress of the Dark
I've been on Minimins for about 3 years and yet I've never discovered this fab little sub-forum!

I'm currently on Exante, a VLCD, but I'm struggling. I'm switching to a low carb diet/Atkins on 14th, so it will be a long journey for me :sigh:

I'm glad to see that there are others who will be ploughing on with me! :) xx

Last edited:
Hi Elvira, took me ages and ages to find this section as well, I look forward to seeing you on the Atkins threads :)

Morning, how are you this morning :)

Morning Jim :)

I'm good, thanks for asking. Weighed in today, and lost 3lbs which I'm pleased with. It's my penultimate weigh in on Exante. I was hoping for more, but 20.5lbs in 3 weeks is no small feat, and I need to get used to the idea of having smaller losses when I switch over.

I'm off to uni soon - got an assignment to collect :confused: which I'm not confident about, and then a nice 2hr lecture on the Amarna Period!

How are you today?

Gem x

I'm fine Gem, we have my little grandaughter today so I'll be playing with her and probably watching cbeebies later :)

Your studying History, that's nice. I'm into Military history in a big way, understandably given my history. LOL

Aww that's a lovely day for you then :)

I'm quite keen on military history, but prefer ancient history. I used to work in a military museum actually. I'm studying Egyptology now. I graduate in July - exciting! Staying on to do an MA though. After Egyptology, early modern is my favourite history - I love the Tudors! I'm tempted to do a second degree at some point. If I can afford it! Expensive business, this education lark :sigh:

Morning, Oh yes, I'd have loved to be the eternal Student Gem, but life intruded. LOL. I just love the internet, I can get lost in Wiki following links on something I'm reading. :)

I'm always on Wiki reading random things!

I got my essay back - 95%! I'm thrilled :D

Got the day off today so it's housework day, which should burn some calories. Then I'm going to catch up on Biggest Loser US and UK.

I also need to decide once and for all how I'm going to go about losing the rest of this weight. Think I'll sit and have a big think today.

How are you today? It's a bloomin' cold one here in Wales! Mind you, they've got snow back home in Norfolk so I'm lucky really! X

It's -3C here at the moment Gem, I'm off to take Olivia to kindergarten and then I'll go to my mothers and take her out for lunch, she never gets out these days, so she really looks forward to me coming and taking her out. I just love retirement, I should have done it years ago. :)

Are you still on exante? I tried all sorts to no avail until Atkins, that worked and still does for me love.

Yes, still on Exante until Monday when my shakes run out. I don't really want to waste the money I've spent although I am absolutely hating it. Only a couple more days though.

I'm torn between Atkins and Slimming World. I have tried Atkins before, and I have to admit, I didn't do too well on it. I fell off the wagon very quickly! I'm more drawn toward Slimming World because I can eat all the things I like, but in moderation - I'm a real carb fiend you see!

Morning Gem, I think there is a diet out there to suit everyone, Atkins was mine, maybe SW is yours love. It's important to get the right one or it's a pretty much guaranteed fail isn't it.

Morning Jim,

Yes, very true. Slimming World was easy for me to stick to when I did it before, and now I've finally cracked the exercise thing (i.e. actually doing some!) I think I stand a good chance of succeeding on it.

Oh good, go for it then Gem love

Starting SW tomorrow, hoorah! I can't wait, although not looking forward to WI in the morning - I know it will be a gain because I've gone back onto food, but hopefully not a huge one. I know what my body is like, and I bet it will be, at best, half a stone. I'll be gutted but I know it will come off again.

I get my letter telling me whether or not I've been accepted onto the MA this week some time. It was posted on Friday so fingers crossed I get it today!

Morning gem, good luck on both counts then

Hi love, I'm fine, went out for the day with my little grand daughter, I was exhausted last night, she has way to much energy. LOL. Post today?

No, still no letter. You'd think as it's only coming from down the road that I might have had it by now!!!

Ah well, maybe today then Gem, the wheels of administration grind exceedingly slow. :(

Back