15 mins to drink?

a.maria

Hi am at the end of my 1st day & am waiting for my shaker to come have ordered 1 online, does anyone know what happens if you dont drink it within the 15mins? Thanks.

Basically the vitamins and minerals start to break down. You have to drink the shake within 15mins or you might as well not have it at all.

Is that actually what happens? I'm trying to picture the shake surviving in your stomach acid before passing along the intestinal tract for the nutrients to be absorbed and I'm pretty sure that can take more than 15 minutes and there have been plenty of times where I've left a shake sitting for half an hour drank it and been fine with no untoward effects on myself or rate of loss. Not saying you are wrong just never heard that reason before.

What definitely does happen though if you leave it sitting is that the iron* in it forms a sediment at the bottom of your mug which for women I can see being a potential cause of developing symptoms of anaemia if you're not getting the full iron benefit from the shakes and you're TOTM rolls around.

*In case anyone is wondering, back at school we did an experiment with mushed up frosties a small magnet and something to spin the magnet inside a beaker to keep agitating the water/frosties solution. The magnet came out covered in a fine black crust, iron.

The main reason that it is recommended to drink your shake within 15 minutes is that some of the vitamins in the shakes are water-soluble and will lose their nutritional value if left too long.

Love Mini xxx

Back