15 stone to 14 stone support

CarolineE said:
Hi MinkyDinky, I'm the kind of person who eats when I'm bored or feeling low. I seemed to have lost my motivation, I know that SW works, but it's just trying to get back to the plan. Maybe I need to set myself smaller challenges rather than looking at the big picture. Getting weighed tonight so will take this as a restart for me.

I would recommend taking it a step at a time. It really helped me. I had 10 stone to lose and thinking of it like that scared the damnations outta me! But taking it half a stone at a time, including myself in challenges with fellow slimmers on here and reading diaries/writing my own have all taken me along my little journey and I'm a lb off 5 stone. Without these little things though I probably would have relapsed or just thought sod it. So glad I didn't!

Why don't you sit and have a thunk about why you are losing weight, write a list of the reasons. Think of all the things that can be made easier and better by getting to target (whether it be you can run around after the kids/dog/OH ;) without wanting to gasp for breath or simply to wear nice clothes). Take this as being your inspiration. We are all here for different reason although for the same goal. We can try to inspire and motivate you along the way but ultimately, you have to inspire you. And you can.

What hobbies do you have that could stop you reaching for the snacks when bored?

Good luck with WI xx

I would recommend taking it a step at a time. It really helped me. I had 10 stone to lose and thinking of it like that scared the damnations outta me! But taking it half a stone at a time, including myself in challenges with fellow slimmers on here and reading diaries/writing my own have all taken me along my little journey and I'm a lb off 5 stone. Without these little things though I probably would have relapsed or just thought sod it. So glad I didn't! xx

Minkx I totally agree. I went for an interview today and came back feeling really low and felt it is endo of the world. Previously, I would have piged out and said to hell with everything in my life. But now as I have got used to controlling my emotions, had my lunch (leftover from last night) with salad, followed by a banana and a cup of tea.

Good luck with WI.

Well girls I just weighed in at 14 12 lost 2 lbs
Way hay!!!!
Am sad to leave this group as its been so lovely and supportive but I am sure I will see you all I. The 14s to 13s very soon
Sm

Way hay!!!!
Am sad to leave this group as its been so lovely and supportive but I am sure I will see you all I. The 14s to 13s very soon
Sm

Fantastic. well done. Please save a sit for me. Hopefully I come to the lower floor soon.

5lbs gone!!!!!! I am so thrilled, I so deserved it after my awful gain last week!

Caroline, welcome to the 15s, Minky gave you some fab advice there. Don't really know how I could add to it, only to say if you're bored, go for a walk, do some Wii or come on here for a chat! It's all about misdirection lol

Emma, I'm sure we'll see you very soon. And soopermummy... same thing applies! Well done!

Way hay!!!!
Sm

Well done SM.....brilliant week xx
Hope I can join you there when I weigh in on Sunday :p

5lbs gone!!!!!! I am so thrilled, I so deserved it after my awful gain last week!

Caroline, welcome to the 15s, Minky gave you some fab advice there. Don't really know how I could add to it, only to say if you're bored, go for a walk, do some Wii or come on here for a chat! It's all about misdirection lol

Emma, I'm sure we'll see you very soon. And soopermummy... same thing applies! Well done!

OMIGOD Mands - what a fab week whoop, whoop :D Well done you xxxx

Hi MinkyDinky, I'm the kind of person who eats when I'm bored or feeling low. I seemed to have lost my motivation, I know that SW works, but it's just trying to get back to the plan. Maybe I need to set myself smaller challenges rather than looking at the big picture. Getting weighed tonight so will take this as a restart for me.

Hi Caroline and well done on restarting xx
Wow can't tell you how many restarts I have done but this time I have decided not to let 1 bad day or week make me give up. In the past I would just give up if I had a blip or a bad day or starve all day and binge all night.
I have managed to lose 11 lbs in my first 5 weeks without depriving or starving myself. I haven't denied myself anything including my weaknesses of wine and chocolate :eek:
I find it helps to make sure I have plenty of fruit and muller yogs. Hard boiled eggs are good as well or chicken/tuna for a quick snack with salad. I am walking every day too and everyone on here is brilliant.

Recommend you check out Minky's meals too - great menu ideas and pictures too! Just make sure you've eaten first :rolleyes:

Everyone on here is fab and we all know what it's like but SW is great :D

sorry ive not posted much ladies, not really been in a great place lately.

lost 1/2lb last week- maintained this week

still here :( i need a frigging break!!

hopefully i'll lose the 1.5lb i need to get into the 14's- and THEN some!!

Hey, there have been some fantastic losses so far this week, and so nice to hear that sugarpuff and sooper have been broken through to the 14's. Also welcome to our new members Caroline and Emma.

I'm feeling a bit down in the mouth this morning, as I sneaked onto the scales to see where I was after last Saturdays (illness) WI, I am +3lbs this morning:eek:, I'm eating more now on plan but guess I need to drink more fluids, I was dreading this would happen after the loss of 6lbs last Saturday. I've got to stay positive and work my way through it, even if I do end up some lbs heavier this week then I'll have an aim next week to rumble them and work to getting them off.

spangle_2 said:
Hey, there have been some fantastic losses so far this week, and so nice to hear that sugarpuff and sooper have been broken through to the 14's. Also welcome to our new members Caroline and Emma.

I'm feeling a bit down in the mouth this morning, as I sneaked onto the scales to see where I was after last Saturdays (illness) WI, I am +3lbs this morning:eek:, I'm eating more now on plan but guess I need to drink more fluids, I was dreading this would happen after the loss of 6lbs last Saturday. I've got to stay positive and work my way through it, even if I do end up some lbs heavier this week then I'll have an aim next week to rumble them and work to getting them off.

Down feel down hearted! You said yourself last week was probably a false weigh so try n think of it as a 3lb loss last week n sts this week :)
You're doing sooo well, keep ur chin up :)

xMandyDx said:

I salute you Mandy! That's fantastic and you deserved a good loss like that. Hows the back feeling? Xxx

Back is in full health! Thank God. Back to the body magic. Done a 5.4km brisk walk this morning with people from my SW group.

I was so delighted with that loss, Minky because I was so depressed with that gain the week before. Finally feel like I'm back on track after the Xmas period!

Thanks

Thanks for everyone's support. I put on 0.5lbs at last nioght's WI. Treating this as a new start so will continue with the inspiration given.

Feeling much better - may even turn the Wii Fit on again tonight!

Back