15 stone to 14 stone support

brummie66 said:
Really struggling with a sugar craving due to time of month. I'm resigning myself to a gain this week, will be disappointed as only 2lb to next group and 5.5 stone lost, but will have to live with it and knuckle down to a loss next week. Oh well will have to see what mondays WI brings? :-(

I always find eating bananas at TOTM helps with reducing the cravings. Someone once told me it was because they are high in Potassium?! Dunno what the connection is, but it seems to work.

hi all! :) i'm 15st 10lb and rejoined sw on monday, so am hoping for a loss on monday night, fingers crossed! can't wait to be in the 14's - i haven't been there for as long as i can remember!

Hi Beki and welcome. I too can't wait to be in the 14's, was hoping it would be at weigh in tomorrow but due to time of month i seem to be looking at a 4.5lb gain(had a sneaky weigh this morning!)

It's going to be ages for me I think too, how is it possible I've plateau'ed so early into my loss?! I've only lost 10lbs and am just stuck?! I've been floating around the same few lbs for 3 weeks now!! Argh!! Just done meal plans until Thursday so hopefully that'll keep my ok track! X

Its actually getting me down today, apart from last monday when i had 22 syns but i had only 10 syns tue,wed, and thur and yet i could be looking at 5 lb gain! Makes me wish i'd had a mega binge it would have been worth the gain! Really fighting a binge at the moment or a mega cry!

Same same. Its so hard, I know whole weekends I've been really bad sometimes and still had a STS or lost 1lb but to gain when I've been doing well is rubbish! X

Roast dinner is cooking so going to enjoy that and then syn free roulade and hope that will cheer me up and stop me binging! Just hoping whatever i gain i can loose next week! Still got 2.5 to 3 stone to loose and just want to get on with it!

Not sure whether to scream or cry as have gained 5.75lb and definately not deserved! Going to have lots of veg, fruit and salad, as few carbs as possible and up the excercise. Definately not happy but hoping the fact its that time of the month thats the cause! :-(

brummie66 said:
Not sure whether to scream or cry as have gained 5.75lb and definately not deserved! Going to have lots of veg, fruit and salad, as few carbs as possible and up the excercise. Definately not happy but hoping the fact its that time of the month thats the cause! :-(

It is awful when it's not deserved. Women can put on up to 7lbs at TOTM so it is probably that. Try not to be too disheartened! Or too punishing on your self in terms of carbs etc. next week will be different!

I wouldn't limit yourself too much as it'll mainly be fluids, just carry on as you have and hopefully it'll come off next week, you could try water tablets maybe? If you limit yourself youre going to feel deprived and miserable, especially at totm. Don't worry I'm sure next week will show a true reading. I'm hoping that's what my gain was too. Xx

Ah Brummie and Charl, sorry to read you are both having bad weeks.

That oldfashioned term 'the curse' does sometimes seem to be the right one for TOTM. It messes with our bodies and our heads. I'm sure it's at least partly responsible for your gains and agree with the last 2 posts, don't try and be too restrictive this week. Stick to plan and it will all come right again.

I had a good week with a 2lb loss but am due for my TOTM later this week so am not expecting too much for next week.

Thanks for the support ladies! Well I've been good so far today and have only had 2 syns so far today so plenty for any munchy attacks this evening. Sorry if I was a misery guts earlier, trying to get my act back together!!!

Finally here after being in 16's since jan :) weighed in today at 15 stone 12n half :) super excited might as well put my feet up as it took me 5 months to go down a stone xxx

Lost 1lb today putting me at 15.6 so over the half way mark!!

bridesmaid said:
Surprise 2.5 off today which takes me to 14 13.5

Sorry all on my phone and can't work out how to edit :S and pressed send too soon.

Anyhow - shocked but hope to see you all in the 14s soon.

B x x x

1.5lb off for me. Down to 15st 3lb not long till the next bracket

First WI and 5.5 off - I was well chuffed with that:D

I have never eaten so much, can honestly say I have never felt hungry in the past week. Onwards and upwards. Hoping for my half stone award next week!!

Back