:(

missy3

starving!
Just home from work, and we had to choose to be fired or reduce all our hours, so i now only have 12hrs per week, and am counting on paying for my college course with this.. i dunno how i'm going to sustain my LT too. :( I'm so annoyed cos I was doing really well and felt that I was finally going to do this. I can't ask my parent for money as I work with my mum so her hours are gone too. super stressed.

Awwwwwww.. That is awful for you (and your mum) Missy...

Can you not claim any sort of benefit to top up your wages? It might be worth enquiring.

I hope something turns up for you soon.. Keep positive (i know it must be hard) x

Oh no, that's awful :( So sorry to hear that.

Please try and stay strong with the diet as you are doing so well. I really hope things work themselves out for you xx

Oh no that's terrible....Big hugs to you and your mum. I do hope things work out for you.

Please don't give up on LT you have done so well. Does the amount you spend on LT cost less or the same than you would normally spend on your weeks shopping for yourself?? It does seem expensive but sometimes if you look at it a different way, you might like me actually be saving money.

(((((squishy hugs)))))

Hi! Oh no, that's pants, what a worry.

I think I defo save money on this diet as I'm not buying any snacks/drinks etc. and topping up on all the crap I used to eat. I don't get sucked in with all the soap/glossy mags anymore either as I'm in the shop so much less. See if you can try and stick on it. Be such a shame to have to stop when your so focussed.
Ali x

I wouldn't spend money on shopping as i live at home with parents. I'm definitely hoping that I can still afford it, my LT costs £45 per week, so more than half what my wage will be, and I have to pay for college and travel etc.
I'm really hoping I can make it work cos I don't want to stop this diet. I want to go 17 weeks.

Sorry for moaning on.. just really felt like I was doing so well.

Missy, that's really terrible for you and your mum. First of all, check one of these sites to find out if you can get any help - you might be surprised: www.entitledto.com or Benefits adviser service : Directgov - Do it online

Then, talk to your course provider and find out if you can get help with your course and your travel (I used to get my fares paid - so it's worth asking)

Then, is it worth trying to find a cheaper provider of LT (I pay £36 for mine at the co-op pharmacy).

If all else fails, and you want to keep doing TFR - you can get exante online for £100 for 4 weeks.

I hope things work out for you, best of luck

Back