ProPoints 17th times a charm!!!

Lovely day. I'm thinking I'll have stew tomorrow too. Must be the miserable weather :rolleyes:

Ya-stuck it on menu last Friday (menu done for week). Cos I knew I was on, it was something different and I make it healthy. But coming in today, I was delighted. It was perfect for rotten day outside.
Two of my service users looked for seconds aswel so well happy. :D

Ya-stuck it on menu last Friday (menu done for week). Cos I knew I was on, it was something different and I make it healthy. But coming in today, I was delighted. It was perfect for rotten day outside.
Two of my service users looked for seconds aswel so well happy. :D

Do u not have dumplings with it? X

Do u not have dumplings with it? X

No. Never had dumplings growing up. Not a huge Irish thing really. But my stew is my mammys recipe-just onions, carrots, turnips if they're there, meat, potatoes, beef stock cube and water, salt and pepper. Done. :D
Because it's so simple I used to find it great when my tummy is sore-cos nothing artificial. :D x

No. Never had dumplings growing up. Not a huge Irish thing really. But my stew is my mammys recipe-just onions, carrots, turnips if they're there, meat, potatoes, beef stock cube and water, salt and pepper. Done. :D
Because it's so simple I used to find it great when my tummy is sore-cos nothing artificial. :D x

Mines is the same only I bung in a tin of tomatoes too

Mines is the same only I bung in a tin of tomatoes too

Ya I do keep meaning to mix it up by doing something like that but always just end up sticking to same old same old.
Maybe when I make it at home next. But my freezer is jam packed full of food I really need to use up. Only buying fruit and salad stuff this month. Gona get thru Some of meals I already have! :D
Then I can start all over and fill it up again. :D x

It's really interesting the differences between here and there, I could never imagine having stew without dumplings!!! I've allocated 8pp tonight for dumplings lol x

Ya I do keep meaning to mix it up by doing something like that but always just end up sticking to same old same old.
Maybe when I make it at home next. But my freezer is jam packed full of food I really need to use up. Only buying fruit and salad stuff this month. Gona get thru Some of meals I already have! :D
Then I can start all over and fill it up again. :D x

Sounds like my freezer!!! Will save u lots of money this month tho.x

Hope u enjoy your first day off.x

It's really interesting the differences between here and there, I could never imagine having stew without dumplings!!! I've allocated 8pp tonight for dumplings lol x

Sounds like my freezer!!! Will save u lots of money this month tho.x

Hope u enjoy your first day off.x

In theory yes I will save money. But my garden needs to be completely gutted and fences put up etc which is gona cost alot! So every penny is goin in there. But ya-its great that even saving money on food will help my garden fund. That's why I fill the freezer I guess-to use it when I'm stuck. :D

Girls girls girls.... Where's the oxtail soup in the stew???? U hav to hav oxtail soup.....

Hehe.... ya one of the girls at work makes hers with oxtail soup and I must say its yum. :D But it ends up being a completely different kind of stew. Mine is super light.
But I must say that it's one of the great things about work-you get to sample other dishes that people love and are their specialities. (Our service users can't cook-some houses they do).

Its funny that way-you just walk in and say oh lasagna on menu-Charlottes cooking then, curry is Michael etc.

I'm just in the process of cooking my stew :) x

Yum. What you put in yours then? x

I've got Red Onion, Green Beans, Carrots, Swede, Pearl Barley & Vegetable Stock! And of course Herby Dumplings :) x

Stew has to be my favourite dinner EVER!!! I love love love love it.. But Jonathan doesn't so I never get to make it :(
Had it at my friends the other day and it was such a treat that I had TWO bowls... Good job we went for a walk after.. lol
She made it with just stock and it was nice n light.. But she put mushrooms in???? That I do not recommend!!!

My aunt makes THE nicest stew IN THE WORLD... Dunno what she does but I can never get it the way she does... She's told me all she adds but I can't get it right...

Stew has to be my favourite dinner EVER!!! I love love love love it.. But Jonathan doesn't so I never get to make it :(
Had it at my friends the other day and it was such a treat that I had TWO bowls... Good job we went for a walk after.. lol
She made it with just stock and it was nice n light.. But she put mushrooms in???? That I do not recommend!!!

My aunt makes THE nicest stew IN THE WORLD... Dunno what she does but I can never get it the way she does... She's told me all she adds but I can't get it right...

My friend puts Mushrooms in hers and I thought it was rank, they went like sponges! Yuck! X

I've got Red Onion, Green Beans, Carrots, Swede, Pearl Barley & Vegetable Stock! And of course Herby Dumplings :) x

My friend puts Mushrooms in hers and I thought it was rank, they went like sponges! Yuck! X

Ya I don't like the idea of mushrooms in a stew. :(

Serena-yours sounds really good. Yum. :D

Ya its funny that's its a dish that's so so different with everyone making it. My mam makes a gorgeous lamb Stew aswel. Not as often anymore-since price of lamb went thru roof few years ago but she knows I love it so she makes it for me for special occasions. And that's even lighter again-but lamb is way fattier than beef so I loose out there on points but I have it so rarely that I don't care. :D x

Ya I don't like the idea of mushrooms in a stew. :(

Serena-yours sounds really good. Yum. :D

Ya its funny that's its a dish that's so so different with everyone making it. My mam makes a gorgeous lamb Stew aswel. Not as often anymore-since price of lamb went thru roof few years ago but she knows I love it so she makes it for me for special occasions. And that's even lighter again-but lamb is way fattier than beef so I loose out there on points but I have it so rarely that I don't care. :D x

Yea they weren't nice at all.. I was looking thinking "WHY is there mushrooms in here!" But kinda had to force them so as not to be rude.. So I cut as small as I cud, and swallowed them.. without chewing.. lol

I always put mushrooms in stews. I put mushrooms in everything. I put celery in stew too.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I always put mushrooms in stews. I put mushrooms in everything. I put celery in stew too.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

My mum always puts celery in hers! When I was a kid I used to always say, Mum can I have Dumplings, no stew, she never let me get away with it :-( x

Mines out the oven...

image-1387167345.jpg

Ooh.. That's looks YUM... Can I please come round for dinner????
Your dumplings look so perfect.. How do you do them?? We never had dumplings in ours but my cousin used to and they were delish.. But we cud never perfect the dumpling so do without
My mum always puts celery in hers! When I was a kid I used to always say, Mum can I have Dumplings, no stew, she never let me get away with it :-( x

Mines out the oven...

View attachment 98395

Back