ProPoints 17th times a charm!!!

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
Yes... I understand that he's doing it because he wants me to be happy, and me being happy results in him being happy.
But it's just so much.

I'm used to paying my own way as well.
I hate borrowing money.
I owe my mum a huge amount from the past year/18 months where I've been in and out of work.
And I'm slowly trying to pay her back.
But I just feel so guilty taking people's hard earned money away from them.
I don't even like people buying my birthday/Christmas presents.

I do feel that if I take it, then I'd never be able to repay him, not necessarily in money, but in any kind of way in the relationship.
He doesn't see it that way though, so I suppose that's a good thing, that he's not exactly expecting me to pay it back - he's doing it because he wants to.

I don't let him pay me petrol money to go see him, and I buy weetabix & squash for the house regularly because I use it when I'm there, and I feel that covers me using his water, electricity, wifi etc.
If we were to go out somewhere, like when we're going on holiday, we'll split the petrol, and I don't mind little things, like a dress as you suggested Brona, but not a whole shopping spree.

He's just too kind hearted.
He really is adorable and I'm just not used to being treated like it.
I've just got along making my own way.

Thanks for your opinions ladies =)
Ha... Finally I've met someone who doesn't like ppl buying them Christmas n birthday gifts... Everyone thinks i'm weird coz I hate it.. I mean, its nice to get gifts of course.. But everyone has so much more important stuff going on that they don't need to be spending on me!! Finally.. Am not alone :D lol
Also doesn't help my birthday is right before Christmas so on top of ppl's usual money commitments they've Christmas around the corner...

Ha... Finally I've met someone who doesn't like ppl buying them Christmas n birthday gifts... Everyone thinks i'm weird coz I hate it.. I mean, its nice to get gifts of course.. But everyone has so much more important stuff going on that they don't need to be spending on me!! Finally.. Am not alone :D lol
Also doesn't help my birthday is right before Christmas so on top of ppl's usual money commitments they've Christmas around the corner...

Yes!
I hate it!
You totally understand what I mean.
Brilliant getting presents, but yeah... hate people spending their money on me.
Like my boyfriend needs a new microwave cuz I accidentally blew his up a couple of weeks ago and it's a pain in the neck not having one there.
But he won't let me buy him one and he won't take the money from the braces fund to buy one.
He's just a PITA! Haha

Oh, and as for no catching up until it gets through to him Brona - I can't possibly do that.
Because I'd be missing out then ;) haha.
And it could be a long old dry streak because it won't get through to him for a very long time - if ever lol

Yes!
I hate it!
You totally understand what I mean.
Brilliant getting presents, but yeah... hate people spending their money on me.
Like my boyfriend needs a new microwave cuz I accidentally blew his up a couple of weeks ago and it's a pain in the neck not having one there.
But he won't let me buy him one and he won't take the money from the braces fund to buy one.
He's just a PITA! Haha

Just go buy one and turn up with it??? Nothing he can do then :D

Very true haha.

Very true haha.
Just looking at your stats.. You started where I am now and reached where I wana be.. You lucky thing you.. Tho I'm sure it was hard work n not luck that you got you there.. Well done!!!

Just looking at your stats.. You started where I am now and reached where I wana be.. You lucky thing you.. Tho I'm sure it was hard work n not luck that you got you there.. Well done!!!

Thanks.
Yeah... was definitely hard work at times, but I'm feeling so much better for it.
I'm really enjoying the difference in how I look (when I can see it - I still feel the old fat me every now and then - but the new clothes are helping).
But you've done amazingly as well.
You've lost the same amount I have already... and by the ticker in your signature, I take it there's a new addition on it's way.
Congratulations!
How are you planning on managing your weight?
Are you going to stick to WW or are you going to go with the flow - not necessarily eat everything in sight so you end up back to the size you were, but just taking it relaxed.
Pregnancy and dieting must be a tough one.

I'm also in the 'hate having gifts bought' camp! Everyone always thinks I'm odd but finally I'm with some like minded people!!! X

I love having gifts bought for me, but I hate my birthday. I'd be happy to not have a birthday but my hubby and kids make such a fuss.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I love having gifts bought for me, but I hate my birthday. I'd be happy to not have a birthday but my hubby and kids make such a fuss.

Awwwww that's lovely for you tho Tracy! X

Thanks.
Yeah... was definitely hard work at times, but I'm feeling so much better for it.
I'm really enjoying the difference in how I look (when I can see it - I still feel the old fat me every now and then - but the new clothes are helping).
But you've done amazingly as well.
You've lost the same amount I have already... and by the ticker in your signature, I take it there's a new addition on it's way.
Congratulations!
How are you planning on managing your weight?
Are you going to stick to WW or are you going to go with the flow - not necessarily eat everything in sight so you end up back to the size you were, but just taking it relaxed.
Pregnancy and dieting must be a tough one.
Thanks.. Yea I've lost a good bit but it was all in the name of starting a family.. So made it that bit easier.. Tho not saying its been plain sailing but am still here, fighting the fight...
I started on Slimming World back in January and been doing it since then so my plan thru the pregnancy (BTW thank you for the congrats) is to follow the plan as much as possible to the end.. I've no excuses as I've gotten away with no morning sickness.. N no food aversions/cravings as yet so no excuse to not follow the plan.. So far, tho its only early days, I've lost 4.5lb since finding out I was pregnant so hopefully I can keep my gain to a minimum...

I'm also in the 'hate having gifts bought' camp! Everyone always thinks I'm odd but finally I'm with some like minded people!!! X
Whoop whoop.. There's 3 of us ha ha ha

Aww.. Kids love all the fuss.. Suppose its a made up smile for their sake :) Its sweet tho :)

Saying that (not liking ppl buying me pressies).. I do love to get a nice card for the occasion...

No I love presents but I'm with you Tracy-I hate the fuss with my birthday. But you can leave the presents on the door step and leave. :D

Also-just hitting the road now. Lunch with friend cancelled. Her boyfriend was being a d**k so she was in bad form.
So gona do some shopping in cork before I meet my friend. :D

We were watching corrie the other night and Peter bought Carla a bracelet and Mr M turned to me and said I'm a rubbish husband in that department aren't I? To which I replied "yep"! He went out and bought me a massive bunch of flowers the next day but I think it was because I was so upset about something so he bought me those to cheer me up they were lush.

Well at least he picked up on that. :D Bonus points for trying. :D
That bracelet Carla got looked fair nice tho. ;)

Also-just hitting the road now. Lunch with friend cancelled. Her boyfriend was being a d**k so she was in bad form.
So gona do some shopping in cork before I meet my friend. :D
But you're having a bite to eat before you leave right???
You're not doing that drive on an empty tummy????
We were watching corrie the other night and Peter bought Carla a bracelet and Mr M turned to me and said I'm a rubbish husband in that department aren't I? To which I replied "yep"! He went out and bought me a massive bunch of flowers the next day but I think it was because I was so upset about something so he bought me those to cheer me up they were lush.

Yea see I'd much rather the flowers than that grand gesture..
But that's my point.. Peter's screwed money wise.. But went n spent a mint on that.. For what??!!! That doesn't impress me at all I have to say

I thought you were going to say Mr M bought the same bracelet lol! Next time Mrs M ;-) x

But you're having a bite to eat before you leave right???
You're not doing that drive on an empty tummy????

Yea see I'd much rather the flowers than that grand gesture..
But that's my point.. Peter's screwed money wise.. But went n spent a mint on that.. For what??!!! That doesn't impress me at all I have to say

I know, I'd go mad if he spent a stupid amount. There's no pleasing me is there?:)

Ya we'll never be happy. But it's their job to know that!

Ya Peter was an idiot to buy it. I'd have made him take it back. Some men eh?

I love flowers. Since I've been single I always buy myself flowers. I never got them from my ex either but decided if I wanted some I'd have to buy them myself.

And ya Frances. I had food originally sorted for lunch today. Which I then was goin to use for dinner today cos I was goin out for lunch. So when lunch out was cancelled, I went back to original plan.
I'm gona pick up a salad for dinner. My mam said it wud quicker if I bought something Rather than cooking when I got home. But then she said shur if u only have something sMall we'll prob get chips from van later after presentation!
I said are u kidding me-on the first day of hols-are u trying to kill me. :D So she said I cud haVe the lettuce out of her chicken burger. Hehe.
Well at least I've said my bit so shud make it easier for rest of week. Just have to try and get my siblings to stop nagging now aswel.

Back