181lbs to lose :-/

i am new to this site. I am following slimming world diet but not going to classes as i have been many times before.
I am 24 and weigh 335lbs! I want to lose 181lbs... help!

hi
welcome to minimins! my name is Bev, i am 37 and have 125lbs to lose :(
i want to lose it before i'm 40 so have just under 3 years - plenty of time! you're great to be doing it now before you're 30 :D
i'm aiming for a goal weight of 154lbs as this will take my BMI to 24.9 - just within the healthy range so that would be great!
i am married with 2 girls (13 and 10) and i find the hardest times to stick to the diet are when my hubby is away working and the kids are in bed! i usually go to bed early!
i have found this site very helpful since i started this diet 3 weeks ago :)
Good luck!
Bev x

Try not to look at the whole amount to lose, but in small steps. Otherwise you will feel overwhelmed. Perhaps working on 10 pounds at a time. Having short term goals really helps too, like working on changing one habit at a time.

I never thought I would lose 75 pounds, but I did. I am not even half way to goal, but slow and steady still wins at the end.

i agree thats how i look at it too

I still have 111.5lbs to lose, and I'm trying to focus on a bit at a time, especially since now I'm switching from a VLCD to a low-carb diet, so I know I won't be losing as fast. I think breaking it into 10lbs at a time, or even 7lbs at a time is a great idea.

It's a marathon, not a sprint. Baby steps will get you there xx

Hi, welcome and good luck. It can be done!

Hi I'm new to this site too and you can do it a bit at a time x good luck x

i am new to this site. I am following slimming world diet but not going to classes as i have been many times before.
I am 24 and weigh 335lbs! I want to lose 181lbs... help!

Hiya :D

Well done on your weight lose so far..you have done brilliant!! ;)

Been doing SW for 6 weeks now and i'm enjoying it, i got 157lbs to lose and ive lost 14.5lbs and they way i think about it is its taken a long time to gain the weight..whats another year or so to make the changes needed to lose the weight..it can be done ;)

Back