1st day and exercise question :)

Hello, this is my first day on LT, I'm happy to say I quite like the shakes ...phew! They're a b!tch to mix though aren't they! I'll need my blender fulltime now :)

I was wondering if anyone exercises on this diet and does it make a difference?

When I did Rosemary Conley I exercised 4 times a week and ate 1600cals a day but I found if I ate less than 1300 cals a day, but still exercised, then I'd lose nothing.

We're consuming so few cals on this diet I'm a bit worried that if I start exercising it might do more harm than good (meaning, I'll lose nothing!)

What does everyone else do??

Julie x

Hi and welcome. You shouldnt do too much in your first week, just incase you get light headed/dizzy. Just while your body adjust to your new diet. When you start to feel like you had loads of energy then do excercise. It will help with the weight loss and you will be toning too. Just make sure you drink between 3 to 4 ltrs of water a day, including what you use in shakes. And Good Luck with your first week :) xx

Hello Julie :)

I started 2 weeks ago and have lost a stone in them 2 weeks and the main exercise i do is take my dog on a brisk 30-45 minutes walk twice a day. Thats enough for me personally.

I'm no expert, so this is an assumption but i would say with such a low calorie intake that too much exercise isn't healthy. You need calories for energy and energy to exercise. So maybe gradually introduce it exercise and don't do too much.

Good luck on your journey x

Hi Julie, Welcome to the forum. My pharmasist told me that there was no need for excercise on the diet as it is not needed in order for it to work, though of course, it will help with toning and general fitness. I'm planning to start toning tables when I get to 16 stone (which hopefully, will not be long now!) as well as walking my dogs.

There is a lady on here (bettybotox) who has lost a really incredible amount of weight. I believe that she started to excercise after 4 weeks. She looks fantastic and her before and after photos are amazing, as well as her posts. Truly inspirational. Have a look out for her. Good luck with the weight loss. x

hey Julie,

I had planned to exercise like there is no tomorrow, but on reflection i knew i wouldn't keep it up in the long run!! So i walk my dog every weekday for 1-2 hours, and every weekend for 2-4 hours. I also play badminton once a week. I decided on this because i will always have to walk the dog, whereas me and the gym don't see eye to eye!!!
My husband (also on this diet) has just started jogging, and although he is going to keep it up (instructed to by a physio) he is looking forward to refeed because he doesn't feel he has enough energy at the moment!!
Now that the warmer weather is upon us i am planning to start swimming once or twice a week, but that is for toning more than weight loss.

Whatever you plan to do, take it steady and find something you will enjoy and want to continue with once you have reached the new you!!

Good luck

Kt x

Hi.
My pharmasist said that you dont need to exercise. I walk an hour a day pushing my baby (only time he'll sleep in the day) and the odd night i'll have a go on the wii fit, but nothing too serious.
I want to do more to tone up once I lose more weight though.

I also play badminton once a week.

Hey KT I too play badminton once a week and I am thinking of restarting on LT, can I ask how you found playing it.. Im afraid I will feel a bit lightheaded at first, but still want to continue playing because I really enjoy it!

hi. i exercise 6 days a week plus walk the dog every day but im also in training for the great south run later this year ! i have to say all is going fine but only cause im not over doing it as in running/exercising til i drop, just getting rid of excess energy i seem 2 have in abundance now lol im loving it and will continue after i finish lt cause i believe that will be my 'thing' to keep the weight off,that of course as well as watching my diet v carefully :)
h x

Hey KT I too play badminton once a week and I am thinking of restarting on LT, can I ask how you found playing it.. Im afraid I will feel a bit lightheaded at first, but still want to continue playing because I really enjoy it!
The first time we played we'd been on diet 2 weeks, and it was hard!! Thought i would pass out.. But now no problems at all. In fact as we've lost weight or game has dramatically improved!! Few weeks in u'll have loads of energy. Good luck x

The first time we played we'd been on diet 2 weeks, and it was hard!! Thought i would pass out.. But now no problems at all. In fact as we've lost weight or game has dramatically improved!! Few weeks in u'll have loads of energy. Good luck x

that sounds brilliant I cant wait!!!

Hi ,
The First Wk You Should Try Not To Do Too Much - As You Can Get Dizzy/ Headaches And Maybe Be To Tired But Then Just A Little Exercise To Start And Dont Over Do It !
Just Do What Ya Can - Good Luck x

My first week I exercised a lot - horse riding everyday (part of a job) + cycling, lost 15 lbs (7,5kg).
Then on my 2nd week didn't ride at all (hurt my back), but on the weekend I was surfing a lot and walking (could be up to 18h in total), but lost only 6lbs (2,5kg), which was a bit disappointing , because I worked out hard (my body hurt baadly, it was like a completely different level of pain)! So not so sure anymore does exercise help.

I've been doing a few exercise classes at the gym and been fine. I've just drunk more water on those days to compensate for what's been sweated out!! Mmmm, nice!!

Back