1st day

Lou*

Silver Member
:eek:Hi all,

Today was my very first ever day of slim fast.. after trying every diet going i am giving myself a kick start on slim fast as it's the only one where i can't kid myself about the syn's, points, carbs etc lol..anyway thought i would come and say hi in an attempt to forget about the biscuit barrell.. hope it gets easier but i think i do need to do a more "controlled" diet to get into the swing of things.

How does everyone fine slim fast, any tips? and how do you incorporate coffee into the diet ( i have milk :break_diet:)

hope to chat to you all

Loux

Hi ya hun nice to meet some one new :) iv only been doing slim fast 5 weeks now and have to say I love it really find it fills me up and tastes gd lol. I hope you find it easier as you go on :).

I don't really drink coffee so can't really help on that on but there is loads of people on here that I'm sure have tips for you. Iv got a day to day sorted now and find it easy. Hope that you get on with it and get the results you r looking for Gemma x

Hi Lou! I'm a newbie too, only started on Sunday!

The key is being organised - make sure there's always enough milk for shakes, low cal snacks in the cupboard, your handbag, at work etc so you can't be tempted by anything else and you'll be fine!

Like the above post, I don't drink coffee or tea so not sure of the recommended way for milk etc, but if you drink a log throughout the day it might be work finding out the calorie value for, say, 100ml milk and deducting it from your snack allowance each day so your not going over the daily calorie intake everyday..

Good luck! X

Hello darl and welcome to slimfast :D

Slimfast is one of the easiest diets ive ever done ( and ive done loads ) Like the ladies say above, keep organised, make sure you when you go out you have your snakes or a pre-made shake and your on your way :)

First few days you may find yourself alittle hungry but after your used to it its pretty easy to do.

Again i am not a coffee drinker but i'm sure someone today who does can answer this question.

Make sure you drink plenty of water and we have all gone alittle jelly mad now, harleys jelly fat free under 10 cals a pot, a must try!!

Good luck on your weigh loss journey, be sure to keep coming back posting, this forum is very helpfull and supportive :D xx

Thanks Girls, My 1st day complete and i stuck !! Yup am pleased with myself already, am taking it 1 day at a time..

This board is fab for advise so expect to see me about a fair bit lol..

as for the coffee, For breakfast i'm just having fruit so will substitute my morning shake for my milk intake.. i need my coffee lol.. then a snack and shake for lunch and an evening meal (600 or under cals)

I'm enjoying the control at the moment, lets hope i see results and it gives me the kick i need.. xx

Good luck everyone xxx

Haha bless ya. And jellys haha we all seem to be on them now there just something that if you need something sweet or feel hungry in the evening.

I'm sure you will be fine and keep away from the scales till weigh in day haha xxx

Welcome lou! Im only on day 3 of slimfast so a newbie too but like everyone says organisation is the key to success!!
I already know what im eating tommorrow haha and loads of water!!
Water definately helps!!

Ad yes the low cal jellies are a godsend!!!
good luck with your journey xx

Hi Lou,

i'm on Week 3 now and i have to say its gone soo quickly and i havent felt like i've wanted to give up yet!! and thats saying something lol my will power is near zero at the best of times!!

i agree with the girls above, keep organised, drink plenty of water, have the jellies!! they are lush!

i tend to have ready meals in the evening as the calories are given to you and also low in fat and salt. I have either weight watcher, Tesco Light Choices or other low fat/low cal ranges. Find it easy as i dont have to worry then!

Also i agree with bex, i know what im eating tomorrow too! haha have become a little obsessed i think!

But the biggest tip is to come to this forum, everyone here is sooo lovely and supportive!! its a massive help!

good luck and keep us updated on how your getting on!

xxx

thanks all, well 2nd day more or less done and still firmly on that wagon !! thanks for the support.

i popped to asda for these jelly's and couldn't find them will continue my search tomorrow lol xxx

Hey hun, they should be there in asda, took me ages to find them! xx

Hi Lou!

Just wanted to let you know that if I worked it out correctly a cup of tea with zero sugar and a splash of semi skimmed milk is about 25cal and Coffee with zero sugar and semi skimmed milk is about 25cal

oh thanks hun i have been over estimating slightly but i suppose thats a good thing xx been using myfitnespal for making sure the cals r right until i get the hang of it xxx

Your welcome, I couldn't cope without my cups of tea lol. I do have green tea as well though which I really enjoy and it does give you a caffine kick in the mornings without the calories. I get twinings green tea with grapefruit and pineapple at about 2 calories per mug!

I love this site. Im reading all the nice replies here and im wondering does anyone know if you can get that jelly anywhere else apart from asda? I live in ireland and we dont have an asda.

You should be able to get it in most big supermarkets, I use asda purely because it's my local. It's hartley's sugar free jelly powder that you can make up yourself.

I love the jellies and think I was the one that told all the lady's about them :). There a great sweet thing witch is not many cals haha. Also if you make them your self instead of putting cold water in put in diet lemonade. Yummy to haha.

Well done lady's another day down xxx

Back