1st of July Challenge

Thank you... I'm a little bit anal when it comes to spread sheets as I use them day in/day out at work :eek:

I can't wait to get started this week with the challenge although I'm worrying as we don't have any SW friendly food in (I had an accident with our freezer) or much money til payday! Still I will do the best I can!

Well my week hasn't started off great. Woke up this morning feeling like death warmed up and so far haven't been able to face the thought of food.

could i join please. i do know roughly what i want to loose, could you please put me down for 20lbs.

Hi Tara!

Nice to see you on this thread... 20lbs is very achievable. Will that put you back in your size 14's?

Do you want to start the challenge from this week or next once you've been to class?

Hello, I would like to join this too, goal would be to lose 20 pounds by then will start this week as I WI at group on Monday but also weigh every morning (bad I know!!).

Perfect timing I joined on the bank holiday (13.4.09) and lost 6 pounds - I love SW!!

RM07 - I also am obsessed with spread sheets and don't know how I ever lived with out Excel!!

Hi Tara!

Nice to see you on this thread... 20lbs is very achievable. Will that put you back in your size 14's?

Do you want to start the challenge from this week or next once you've been to class?

I am joining this evening :D. I dont think that it will put me in a size 14. I am a size 16 at the moment. so maybe close to it.
could you therefore please start me from this week.

Hi, can i join please? Going to say 18lb in 10 weeks. Will start from now as wi on Tuesday. I'm 11st3.5 at the mo so this would take me to 9st13.5...I can't wait to be 9st something!! Must be 10 years!

Hi!

What counts as the first week? My weigh in was tonight so will that be my first loss in the challenge??

xx

I think we're starting now and your next WI will be the first loss recorded for the purposes of the challenge. I fell off the wagon all ready last night, whoops.

Princess Sausage, crimson noir and JoJoJo all added!

Tara there was a thread on here somewhere about what weight loss meant dropping a size. Of course it is different for everyone but I think it was said it was between 10 and 14lbs. I think you'll be in those size 14's before you know it!

Sweet83 - I think as this is the first week of the challenge we will start recording WI's from next week.

I'm still ill... spent all of yesterday in bed asleep and didn't eat anything. This morning I woke up feeling pretty much the same but I've managed to keep some water, a Lemsip and 4 cream crackers down. I wonder how many syns are in a Lemsip?!

could i just add that it is my 40th birthday on July 10th so i would like to loose another 1lb at least to make it 1 1/2 stone by the 10th.:innocent0001::innocent0002:

Well the challenge started on Wednesday but first weight losses will be counted from next week (Monday)

Morning 1st Julyers!

Having trundled along behind the wagon all weekend, I'm ready to climb back on.

I have a perfectly valid reason for being off the wagon. I went to see P!nk on Saturday. It was brilliant, but we missed the last, and probably most spectacular, song. My friend gets nervous in claustrophobic, as did well to stay until 2 songs from the end. When her wife took her outside, we watched her perform the next song, and it was like it was a finale, and we started to leave. When we got out side, we realised we'd missed it. =( We're planning on going again in December. We were right near the front, 2nd row standing. It was brilliant. This is the second time we've seen her, we saw her last year at Edinburgh Castle, which was outdoors and really good.

Anyway back o/t. We're now skint. think we've got 26p. Luckily I can put some wages in today, but this is next months money, so I want to avoid going shopping until Friday. We'll have to do green, because we've got loads of potatoes and pasta in. I think I'm cooking at my friends today, so thats today sorted. Any ideas for the next few days, spending as little as possible.

Hi evanesco,

Could you write down a few of the other things you have in stock and we can think of some ideas. Here's some of the cheapy things I do, but depends if you have the stuff in stock :) Curries are really good when you're low on funds, you can bulk them out with some pulses.

Chachouka - spiced peppers with baked eggs: The MFC COOKBOOK | Not just another diet book
Mixed veg curry & rice
Potato curry
Lentil dhal & rice
Chickpea dhal & rice
SW chips, egg & beans
Pasta & tomato sauce
Potato & pea frittata
Roast potatoes, veg & gravy
Pasta carbonara
Pasta with herby mushrooms and vlf fromage frais

Hi RM07,

Hope you're feeling better now! x