1st week disappointment!

koochy

Hi everyone, new here and happy to have found you! I started the CD SS last Monday so 10 days in. I had my 1st week weigh in and last a measley 4lbs! After a perfect week! Very disappointed and even my consultant looked surprised and said it was a low loss for week 1. I am not demotivated and am still on track - not even tempted to cheat -but now nervous for next week as if I can't lose weight on this what on earth am I going to do?!! Anyone else had a slow start which led to great things! Please share and inspire me :) Thanks!

koochy said:
Hi everyone, new here and happy to have found you! I started the CD SS last Monday so 10 days in. I had my 1st week weigh in and last a measley 4lbs! After a perfect week! Very disappointed and even my consultant looked surprised and said it was a low loss for week 1. I am not demotivated and am still on track - not even tempted to cheat -but now nervous for next week as if I can't lose weight on this what on earth am I going to do?!! Anyone else had a slow start which led to great things! Please share and inspire me :) Thanks!

Hi 4lb is good!! I had my first wi today and lost 5lb I was a little disappointed as ive really stuck to it to the book!!! My CDC said some ladies loose more on the second week so don't worry and keep at it xxx

I have seen many people post that they had low losses at their first WI and then the 2nd was a good one, guess everyone is different. But 4lbs is still good. It is scientifically impossible to not lose weight on a vlcd so im sure you will have an even better loss next week =D

Hey 4lbs is still great, well done! That's two bags of sugar you are not carrying around with you;) maybe up the water intake and good luck for next weigh in x

It can be like that sometimes, don't lose heart. There's a good chance you'll have a great loss next week (which those of us who lose larger amounts in week 1 don't always get!).

For some great inspiration, check out Spangles' diary: http://www.minimins.com/cd-weight-loss-diaries/225807-deflating-bouncy-castle.html

Spangles 'only' lost 5.5 lbs in her first week but carried on and has now lost nearly six and a half stones in 6 months!

Thank you all so much for replying and making me feel better! I am keeping my chin(s) up and hoping for a great result on Monday....i guess 4lb again would even make me happy so not aiming for the stars :) just don't want it to be like a slimming world or ww diet where it is 4lb 1st week and then 1/2 lb the next. I am drinking so much water this week so fingers crossed! Thank you again - this is such a good find for the support xx

Well done on being 100% 4lbs is great just think thats if you did that every week you would loose 16lbs this month! Thats more than WW or SW could do for you! You may find that you catch up next week!

Keep up the good work my dear X

I know exactly how you feel, my worry was that no matter how hard I try the weight just won't drop off, but like previous comments say, there is no way you can't lose weight on this diet!

I take it each day at a time now. I pat myself on the back when I wake up and know I was good the day before and nobody can take that away from me!

You've done great, well done! Slim here we come! Xx

I know exactly how you feel, my worry was that no matter how hard I try the weight just won't drop off, but like previous comments say, there is no way you can't lose weight on this diet!

I take it each day at a time now. I pat myself on the back when I wake up and know I was good the day before and nobody can take that away from me!

You've done great, well done! Slim here we come! Xx

I agree 100% i am now doing it day to day now too and feel proud of myself every single day that i have been good and just like you say know one can take that away from me :D

Chin(s) up =p i'm usually a very slow loser so i can understand how gutting it is see a "small" number. Was it a different time you weighed in at? Maybe you were a bit "bunged up"....there could be so many reasons! I bet next WI you will lose more.....eventually it all evens out anyways :) xxx

Back