1st WEIGH IN - DISAPPOINTED :(

sam786

Likes Food :)
Hi all, I've just had my first week weigh in and have lost 6 pounds.....I know i should be happy, but i was really hoping for 7 at least and now i feel like a failure and really down :cry: I've been really good all week, but havent drank as much water as I should have. Any advice on how I can keep going?

Hello Sam
Just keep going thats all you can do , also look at other people weight loses too , how much water do you think you had ?

well done

Well done sam 6 pounds is great dont put yourself down........when i saw the title of your post i thought you were going to say you lost 1 or 2 pounds. but i think 6 is great. just keep at it and try drinking more water.:D

at least 2.25 and if you have a bar or a tetra o.25 l more for each i am for 3 to 4 litres a day.

wow sam thats really good

think of it this way nearly half a stone gone for good

Hi,
I've been drinking about 1 litre a day, even that is a strain for me!! Does anybody know how much ideally i should be drinking?

1 liter is really not enough. You should up it to 2.25 at least! If you find it difficult to drink so much, try spreading it over the day. I always have a 1.5 ltr bottle on my desk and try to drink that before the afternoon.

Know how you feel my first wi was 4lbs on ss no cheating at all, but I am determined to give it a good go and stick with it :). I think 6lbs is good, just think by next week you could be nearly a stone lighter

6lb is fantastic ... keep going towards your goal.

6lbs is good, dont be so hard on yourself, 1 litre a day isnt enough you need at least 2.25 ontop of tea and coffees etc, i drink bottled water if that will help, i went through them all and evian is the one for me, hang in there keep going it WILL come off

Thanks everyone for your lovely words :)
I've already drank 1 litre today and will have another before I go to bed (i dont like water so have been thinking of it as medicine!!). I'm determined to carry on with this!

Hi

6lbs is a brilliant loss! :D think of the comparison with other diets (maybe 2lbs a week) You might be retaining fluid which is why its so important to meet the minimum fluid intake to help flush it out.

I put mine into 1L volvic bottles so I know I need at least two of those and can make up the difference with black tea/coffee/allowable herbal teas (not keen on any of them but it can make a change (also you can have the water flavourings after week 3 i think??)

Keep going you are doing great :)

X debs X

maybe try a water flavoring , i know its week 2 but maybe see about getting some as you are drinking to little and make you ill

Yep, 2.25L plus another glass for another tetras and bars.

Don't feel that you have to have more than this....you really don't unless you are thirsty.

Don't forget you can include teas and coffees in this and there's loads of different herbal teas you can have that are lovely

peppermint tea
Redbush tea
Nettle tea
White tea
Green tea

Just avoid any with fruits or flowers, such as lemon tea.

Also do try the sparkling water. It makes a really refreshing change :)

Space it out during the day. It's about 8 glasses, so a glass of water, or a mug of tea every couple of hours works well.

Oh and you could always add extra water to your shakes. That'll count too :)

6lbs is great BTW. Wonder what next weeks will bring. All exciting stuff :clap:

6lbs is a great loss hun, please don't be too disappointed. Like the others have said you really should up your water intake - I believe it really does make a difference. Hope you're feeling much brighter xx

6 lbs is fab chick.....you may find it helps if you compare your weight loss with other members that are around your height and weight and then you will realise 6lbs is a great loss.

Drinking the recommended water intake really does help "flush out the fat" ;-) give it a go x

Back