2 shakes/1 meal- What to have for the meal??

liz0703

Silver Member
Am starting 2 shakes/1 meal as from today until a week on Friday. So thats 11 days. I am on a works night out on the Saturday, so I don't really want to be in ketosis.

What should I have for my evening meal?? I do really enjoy jacket potatoes, but I don't want to mess with the weight, so if I have to do no carb then that's fine. I don't mind having fish or chicken, with veg and small/med jacket pot for the next 11 days, or should I just stick to fish or chicken with just veg?? And a WW yoghurt for pudding.

And I was thinking at about 10pm (when the hungar normally kicks in) having a small bowl of fruit with LF natural yoghurt or ff.

Am I having too much?? Any ideas greatly welcomed.

Here's a rice recipe if you like.

2oz of uncooked rice
750ml chicken stock
1 tomato (seeded and skinned)
Small bunch Chopped coriander

1. Soak rice in hot water, leave and return to it when it has cooled down.

2. Pour chicken stock into a pot and bring to a boil.

3. When rice is cooled, rinse under cold water, strain.

4. Pour rice into the stock and stir till water covers rice, lower the temperature to simmer.

5. When rice has soaked up the water completely, pour in the chopped tomatoes and coriander, stir and mix well.

You can serve this with maybe some baked or grilled chicken with veg, with maybe a bit of low fat natural yoghurt :)

And remember, listen to your stomache, eat only what you can and only if you really do feel hungry. Have a snack only if you genuially feel hungry, or peckish rather :)

Yum, yum!!!! Thats sounds lovely, i have printed off the recipe. Thank you so much for taking the time to type all that for me!!!!

So what your saying (I hope!!) carbs will be ok with the 2 shakes/1 meal method?? I am loving my jacket potatoes, also love pasta and rice!!! Have also got quite attatched to bread since eating again, whereas before I wasn't a fan, have been good though on re feed and not exceeded any more than 2 portions of carbs a day, sometimes sticking to one.

What snacks do you suggest?? (sorry about all the q's, just want to get it right!), I don't mind having fruit and lf yoghurt as a snack, find it takes the edge off the hunger, hope that is not too damaging!!

LOL thanks, and no problem. My family love this rice, I hope you do too.

I think it is fine for you to have carbs as you've already done the refeeding process. But this is what I think anyway, call the LT people, not email, they're not as helpful on email. And they'll suggest on what you can do in more detail.

For snacks, I think anything with protein is good as protein keeps you full for longer. Having fruit and yoghurt for snacks is good, but if you're like me, I find that the sugars in fruit make me crave, so I would have them after dinner as your insulin levels aren't as active in the evening I think.

You could try rice crackers like snack a jacks, they're low in calories and good for munching on if your feeling peckish, top it with some sliced tomato and natural yoghurt. There is another kind of rice cake/crackers which have less calories than snack a jacks, can't remember what they're called, be sure to read the label.

Don't be afraid of asking questions, we're all on this thread to help and support eachother :).

Back