2 Shakes A Day + Ready Meal?

Oliver

I've been on the Cambridge Diet for over a week now and feel sick and hate every shake and soup. I think if i keep having 3 soups or shakes a day i will end up giving up completely on the diet. But i think if i have 2 shakes/soups a day and a ready meal in the evening, i think it will help a lot and keep me on the diet much longer. I've looked at some ready meals and they are around 300ish calories, i know suggested amount is 200 calories, but i am male anyway and would be allowed 4 shakes a day so would it be ok if i have 2 shakes a day and one ready meal?

The answer really, is no I'm afraid.

You could however move up a plan to SS+ or 810. You can eat on both those plans. I would speak to your CD counsellor about it :)

I can't tell you exactly as I am on sole source, but basically it's either chicken, tuna, cottage cheese, tofu or quorn with three tablespoons of vegetables which include brocolli, mushrooms, cucumber and lettuce (there are more but I can't remember off the top of my head).

The problem with ready meals is that they will be too high in both salt and carbs - which will make you retain weight and kick you out of ketosis.

Oliver if you look up there ^^ there is a big thread on 810 meals :)

Ok can someone tell me the actual daily plan for the 810 thing.

My counsellor is on holiday so i can't ask her.

I've been on the Cambridge Diet for over a week now and feel sick and hate every shake and soup. I think if i keep having 3 soups or shakes a day i will end up giving up completely on the diet. But i think if i have 2 shakes/soups a day and a ready meal in the evening, i think it will help a lot and keep me on the diet much longer. I've looked at some ready meals and they are around 300ish calories, i know suggested amount is 200 calories, but i am male anyway and would be allowed 4 shakes a day so would it be ok if i have 2 shakes a day and one ready meal?

It's the content of the ready meal that's the problem, regardless of the calorie count.

Speak to your CDC of course, but like Guru says, maybe trying 810 could be worth a look if you *really* cannot get away with the CD meals.

I know how you feel though, my wife cannot stomach anything but bars. She has a healthy breakfast (Special K plus fat-free yogurt), a CD bar for lunch and then a healthy dinner. Her losses are slower than mine, but she's still losing.

Back