2012 is going to be my year!

MrsLisaMarie

I'm a loser
My name is Lisa and I started Slimming World 10/01/2012.

I have a lot of weight to lose as you can see from my stats and really want to start 2013 at least 6 stone lighter.

I am sticking to the plan and never using up my 10 syns as I am not needing to at the moment. The most I have used in a day is 8 and that was due to me treating myself to a syn free roast dinner but adding gravy and a yorkshire pudding :)

I lost 7 and half lbs in my first weigh in and was very very happy.

Just wondering if people following the Slimming World diet think that 6 stone in just under a year is a realistic target for me to set for myself? I am not expecting massive losses and would be very happy with 1-2lbs a week.

This is the first diet I have done that actually involves real food (I lost 3 stone with Cambridge diet 2 years ago).

I had such a bad time when I was pregnant with my baby girl - I was treated like a freak as my BMI was in the late 50's even though I carried her to full term with no problems whatsoever and had a lovely pregnancy. I went in to be induced (due to size of baby) and she was born on her due date at 9lb6 by c-section and I have struggled with my weight since having her.

Hope this year is a good one for everyone with their weightloss journeys :)

Lisa xx

I am very determined this time and already Slimming World doesn't feel like a diet to me as I can eat all the yummy fruit and veg I love and adapt dishes to taste yummy and syn free :) xx

Of course you can do it!! Think positive and strive forward to achieve the things you want! Reach hard for target and you will get there.
Well done on your brilliant loss in your first week, already half a stone..only 5 n half to go!
Right behind you all the way :) x

Hey, welcome! Congrats on your amazing first week loss. Only 5.5 Stones left to go and that's most definitely doable in a year if you're determined as you seem to be. Just 1.5lbs per week will get you there. This forum is an amazing support so stick around and I'm sure you'll make it :)

Welcome Lisa and well done on your great loss. With your positive attitude you can make it with no problem. As someone else said you have joined the right forum and will get a lot of support and help you need.

Well...I am 4lbs away from my 4 stone loss award ALREADY!! Can't believe it :-D That 6 stone target for 2012 has now changed to me wanting to lose 100lbs this year :) I have lost 52 so 48 to go :)

A years worth of 1lb a week in 19 weeks!! xx

I have now lost 75lbs...a bumpy ride holiday season with a few gains/maintains but still on for that 6 stone this year with only 25lbs to 100lbs lost and 2lbs to my 5.5 stone meaning only 9lbs to my 6 stone!

I am amazed I am saying this since January. Very proud of myself and looking forward to losing another 6+ stone next year :) xx

I don't know where I am finding the will power to be honest but if I could pass some to you I would gladly! Think it is just "my time" to do this and I really want my weight down to try for my second baby summer 2013 - planning on following SW throughout the pregnancy too :)

Well...I did drop to 6stone0.5lbs weight loss but I then gained 1.5lbs on Xmas Eve and today I am up another 3.5lbs so I need to lose 4.5lbs to get my 6 stone award again. I have no doubt I will get that in the next 2 weeks :) xx

How amazing to think that you set your target a year ago (in three days!) and have achieved it!

How have you found the journey?

How amazing to think that you set your target a year ago (in three days!) and have achieved it!

How have you found the journey?

Honestly...so much easier than I thought. I have not missed anything this year, been on Holiday 5 stone lighter and enjoyed eating new foods :)

Hey everyone...I am still plodding along. I have been messing about and not fully focused so I have re-started with slimming world on 1st October and tonight is my second weigh in. I went back after a few weeks away with a 3.5lb gain and lost that in my first week. I am now 7st and 1/2lb lighter and can't wait to get into the 19 stone area - then 18 :) x

Back