2012: The year of the New Me!

dublinrose

One of the things I love best about the interweb is that it is a safe place to talk about how you are doing without fear of anyone making you feel bad about it.

So as we approach the start of a new year I find myself YET AGAIN talking about how I am going to make a difference and lose the weight for good.

I seem to make this same promise every single year

This year I really have to do it...no more excuses. I turn 35 in April and I really want to have another baby before I get too old. So it really is now or never.

What has really bothered me is that about two years ago I had it nailed. I lost all the weight I needed to lose and was withing touching distance of my goal....then something happened, life got on top of me, I started putting myself and my weight loss to the bottom of the priority list and slowly but surely it all came back.

Lots of people have said to me to look on the bright side...I lost it once I know I can lose it again. But its hard not to look at the photos of the me I was and not feel ashamed. I am so embarrassed that I let myself go to that extent.

I have to meet some family on New Years Day I haven't seen in over a year and I know they will be shocked at how big I have become...they won't say anything but it will still be there unspoken and I just want the ground to open up and swallow me.

But its a new year soon and I think that does a lot for us mentally. It really is a new page in the book and it can be the kickstart we need. So to all the strugglers and restarters on their New Years do over for the x time here is to you....I hope you all find the key to making this one last. I look forward to seeing your successes and being inspired from them...I hope that on your bad days you might find some inspiration from me

I just hope that whoever you are, whereever you are, however you choose to do it that this time next year none of us have to make another post like this one.

good luck to you all

Hello, welcome and good luck to you too :)

I too have lost loads of weight in the past AND gained it all back..and then some :(..but had my lightbulb moment in feb this year..had loads to lose again, and still do..but i've made a good start so far..and this time next year, i hope ALL the excess has gone for good!!!!

What lovely motivation you have...i'm a mum of 4..and had my last baby at the age of 42 ;)....so don't worry about your age hun x

I could have written your post myself, i too dreaded social occasions and meeting up with peple i haven't seen in years etc etc, lost all my self belief and confidence too..but look to the future..link arms with me..we will do it! :)

You'll get lots of support and advice on here, we are a friendly lot!

Keep posting, i look forward to chatting with you :)

Last edited:
Thanks Rainbow...I am so so glad I found this site. No one I know has ever had to struggle with weight loss and they just don't get it.

I think there will be no better motivation than a baby in 2013. My hubbie keeps telling me I gave up smoking for a baby so losing weight will be easy in comparison.

Hope he is right !

Oh I 'get it' DublinRose..don't worry about that! If you stopped smoking, it shows what great willpower you have!!!..well done you :)

Nobody else in my family knows or understands the distress and upset of avoiding mirrors for years etc, but everyone on here does!

Good luck with the baby making plans...do you have much to lose hun? You don't have to say if you prefer not to!

No idea lol....I reckon its about 4 stone, probably closer to 5 really. I would like to get to about 9.5 stone or a size 12 whichever comes first! Right now I am an uncomfortable size 16 and I hate it.

Last day of 2011 and still so much Christmas food lying around. I actually don't feel like eating any of it. I have gorged myself the last two weeks and I have that awful feeling you get when you have been living on junk and your body is just crying out for some proper food. I have a few drinks in the fridge and will enjoy them, might treat myself to a final takeaway and then its goodbye to unhealthy eating for good.

Yr first post nearly brought me to tears!! Sadness and happieness! :)
I could have written that myself every new years since I was Bout 14! (I'm 28 in jan)
I too came soooo close to my goal 5 years ago, then bf and I split, drinks and meals with friends became the new social, as did dating and meals out. By the time I got with my now husband I was prob a stone and half heavier than I wanted to be...then we moved in and he truely loved me (like yr husband does u) and the weight went on and on and on even got married as a fat bride and at the time I didnt care! (wish I'd lost weight first now)

When I joined slimming world I was mortified by the amount I'd gained in 5 yrs! :-/ I took it a stone at a time tho knowing after loosing6 stone I would be just below what I got to 5yrs ago! and I got there in December :-D I've lowered my target too now to 9 and half stone (like yrself) and trust me if I can do it, you can :)

I too am hoping for the first baby to be 'planted' maybe in 2012, however we need to move house first so not trying yet.

I sswear we could be long lost sisters u sound just like me!!
Hope that doesn't offend u if u think I sound stupid lol :)

Good luck for 2012 I will be by yr side on yr weight journey to celebrate all those mini goals u have x

Cai its amazing the amount of us out there trying to lose weight for a baby...I thought I was the only one :eek: There will never be a better reason to lose weight though so we can do it. I hope you don't have to wait too long xx

Just wanted to wish you luck on your weight loss journey! I'm personally not losing weight for a baby right now but I would like to have a healthier body ready for baby making time when it comes and also definitely don't want to be fat bride. This site is fantastic for meeting all sorts of people with different reasons and motivations for losing weight but all know that dreaded feeling of social occasions and other things that are so difficult (for me, just getting dress makes me depressed in the mornings) and slimmer people don't always understand how hard this is. You can do this, think positive and work towards that dream goal of having a baby, good luck! x

Day 2 of the C25K done. Have to admit I feel really delighted with myself for braving the windy weather :) I really had to talk myself into it but it was so worth it. I am really looking forward now to my last run of the week before moving onto Week 2

Today I go back to WW for my first weigh in since Oct.

Not looking forward to it at all. Its no exaggeration to say I have just eaten my way through the past few months and I have gained loads.

But knowing how bad it is means I have a line in the sand to move on from.

Hi Dublinrose.. Hope u dont mind me posting.. Well done on getting into C25K.. I reeeeallllly wana do it too.. But seriously.. me and running in public are a no no.. ha ha.. And in that weather there's not a hope of me going out anywhere.. Hoping Ben Dunne does his usual monthly membership but so far its not been offered :(
Anyway, just popping in to say I hear every word of yer opening post.. Myself and my BF are hoping to buy a house/apartment in the first quarter of this year and hopefully soon after a baby will follow.. So I too am prepping my body to be healthier to hopefully give us a baby :) Good luck with yer journey and holler if ya'v any Q's

I'm thinking of starting the c25k as well, can you let me know what it's like? Can I do it even tho I've not ran in a long time?

Plus will help get this body into better shape

Kindest regards

X

I'm thinking of starting the c25k as well, can you let me know what it's like? Can I do it even tho I've not ran in a long time?

Plus will help get this body into better shape

Kindest regards

X
Lotstolose36 its designed for the likes of us (ppl that don't run)
Its designed to get us couch potatoes off our arses n running 5k.. gradually building it from 30 secs intervals to a full 5k run :)

I'd always looked at the app for it on my phone and thought I'd be aching so bad if I did it but I'm gonna get that app for my phone and start it once the 2 weeks are up as I'm following a vlcd and not supposed to take up extra exercise for 2 weeks.

Lol I'll have to run early no one needs to see my arse wobbling down the road lol

X

I'd always looked at the app for it on my phone and thought I'd be aching so bad if I did it but I'm gonna get that app for my phone and start it once the 2 weeks are up as I'm following a vlcd and not supposed to take up extra exercise for 2 weeks.

Lol I'll have to run early no one needs to see my arse wobbling down the road lol

X
Ha ha ha... I have no excuse at all.. The park beside me has a running track!! But still....

Hope everything is going OK xx

Back