2012! Time for a new me! 11 stone to loose!

xRachaelx

You only live once.
Hey, Im new to the website! Lots of really good tips and insparational posts on here! Its been really helpful so far.
A little bit about me.... I started at 22stone 13 and my goal target is to be 11stone. I am 21 this year and all of my friends are skinny minis, we were all ment to be going away to mexico for our 21sts but ive pulled out due to being too embarrased to be on a beach looking like a washed up beach wale next to them! So ive told myself im not going to let my weight hold me back any longer and I AM going to do something about it and really go for it this time! I would LOVE to loose 8 stone by Christmas! So ive gotta kick my butt into action and make sure I stick at it!
I started SW 5/1/2012 and lost 7.5 pounds in my first week and 5.5 pounds my second week (which I was soo happy with!). Just wondering if anybody else has got as much as me to loose and is doing slimming world?
And if there is, how are you getting on with it so far??
Thanks guys!
xxx
:eek:

Thanks, your doing amazingly! I hope Im as successful as you!

If you want it bad enough you will succeed, I have never rearly wanted it bad enough in the past but this time I know I will get there, don't know when but it will be soon. Again good luck and I'm sure you will get to where you want to be.

Hey Rachael
I'be got a load to lose too, and started sw 2 weeks ago (lost 7lbs first week and 4lbs today) I need to lose at least 10 stone. I've pulled out of so many events due to my weight including my brothers fiancees hen weekend which is in June of this year. All her friends are skinny minnys and there is no way they'd wanna be seen with someone over 20stone!
Good luck in your journey, and maybe we'll both be enjoying xmas several stones lighter xxx

If you want it bad enough you will succeed, I have never rearly wanted it bad enough in the past but this time I know I will get there, don't know when but it will be soon. Again good luck and I'm sure you will get to where you want to be.
I really do want it! In the past I was just that negative about it thinking "ill never do it, iv got so much to loose etc." but i am just thinking in a positive way and taking it a stone at a time now and not putting any pressure on my self because thats when I loose motivation when Im not doing as good as what I wanted to do! Thanks, good luck with the rest of your journey :eek: x

Hey Rachael
I'be got a load to lose too, and started sw 2 weeks ago (lost 7lbs first week and 4lbs today) I need to lose at least 10 stone. I've pulled out of so many events due to my weight including my brothers fiancees hen weekend which is in June of this year. All her friends are skinny minnys and there is no way they'd wanna be seen with someone over 20stone!
Good luck in your journey, and maybe we'll both be enjoying xmas several stones lighter xxx
Well done you! You must be as happy as I am with your weight loss! Glad youve had a good start!
I know exactly how you feel! I have to drink alot when I go out just so I dont feel as self consious because I know I stick out like a sore thumb against all my stunning friends! But thatll be no more were both doing something about it and thats all that matters! I dont care how long it takes as long as I get there!
Good luck to you too, hopefully we'll both be well on our way to being skinny minnis by xmas! xx

Welcome and good luck. There are lots of wise and knowledgable people on here - so do hang out on boards you like, and keep posting your successes and when it's not so easy.

Have a great 2012,

Ali

Hello :)

I started sw in march 2011 at your weight.. 22 stone and 10 I was... I am 20 stone and 2 today :)

Lost 3 stones within the first 6 months but then had to go to hospital and have put in a stone whilst recovering. Have lost 9.5 lbs in 3 weeks when I joined a group this time (was doing it online before).

You will do this :) x

Wow 3 stone in 6 months, You did really well!
9.5 in 3 weeks is really good! I bet you cant wait to get out of the 20s, only 3 pound to go! I cant wait untill im saying that =]
Can I ask, do you/did you exercise? Ive decided to start exercising today doing zumba on the wii but im worried because at group people didnt have very good weight losses when theyd started excersising.
Thanks for your reply :)
xx

Welcome and good luck. There are lots of wise and knowledgable people on here - so do hang out on boards you like, and keep posting your successes and when it's not so easy.

Have a great 2012,

Ali
Thanks for the advice Ali! I will deffinatly be posting when im not having an easy day, can always do with a bit of motivation to get me going again and this forum is full of it from what ive seen.
Hope you have a successful 2012
X

Hey Rachel..

I didn't really. I couldn't exercise :( I have started to do some pilates now as I have back problems but I found that when I did exercise I didn't lose weight...

Oh gosh! I hope that doesnt happen to me. Ive started on zumba tonight and im getting weighed on thursday so if i dont have a good weight loss i will just stick to something low intensity like walking. Thanks for the advice x

I would let you put you off.. The change in the shape of your body us amazing with exercise..

In the long run exercising is best for you.. Just feel that I have so much to lose already I can afford to delay how kong it takes,,

Others find that exercising helps.. Everyone is different..

If I had more time I would exercise an hour every day but I get up a 530am and get home for about 630pm.. I can't be bothered exercising :( too tired..

Yea i do exactly the same but im trying to force myself to do it. Ill give it a couple of weeks and see how it goes x

All the best this year for you. I've given myself a Target of half a stone a month to try and lose at least 6 stone this year. My friend and I are looking forward to posh frocks for our Christmas do this year!

Thank you! And I wish exactly the same for you! Well that will be well easy for you to do, youll have it off in no time! Ive given myself an 8 stone target for christmas, thats just about 2 pound a week. So fingers crossed by christmas we will be unrecognizable! Lol. x

I think exercising increase your metabolism post diet - so let's you eat more longer term. However whilst at this stage, I think it's best to focus on one thing (our diet regimes) and do it well. The 10,000 step thing may be a useful extra if we can manage it. That way, when we've lost shedloads, we will be able to add in exercise.

Ali

Yea I totally agree with you Ali. Im just going to do light bits of exercise a couple of days a week to tone me a little whilst loosing weight. Giving exercise a miss this week though... Im having a night out on Monday so Im still trying to have a loss! x

xRachaelx said:
Yea I totally agree with you Ali. Im just going to do light bits of exercise a couple of days a week to tone me a little whilst loosing weight. Giving exercise a miss this week though... Im having a night out on Monday so Im still trying to have a loss! x

Hi Rachael. How are you getting on with SW?
I started SW in October last year at 22st 13lbs. My weigh in last week I was 21st 4lbs. So although my losses aren't massive I've never been so happy to see the weight coming off and not being hungry(which is something I fear)
If you wanted to we could buddy up and help each other along in our journey . Have you popped over to the SW threads? You'll find plenty of tips, advice recipes and inspiration there.
If you want feel free to private message me.
All the best.
Kelly x

Back