2012's hopeful diary

Oh! Nothing seems to have changed.

Rats! Ah well I shall just have to wait, up to an hour apparently.

Normal posting will now resume :)

Ah but I could read all 12 likes some of you had left me!

Somehow I feel more real now :)

Talking of yays!

I accidentally tripped onto the scales this morning. Oh, how silly of me. I wouldn't mind so much but it happened after I had eaten breakfast, scrambled egg on toast with bacon on the side.

Oh you fool you will be so annoyed!

Oh! LOOK... no gain after an UD and a half :eating:

Oh Dr J - Did I tell you lately that I love you?

2012willdoit said:
Talking of yays!

I accidentally tripped onto the scales this morning. Oh, how silly of me. I wouldn't mind so much but it happened after I had eaten breakfast, scrambled egg on toast with bacon on the side.

Oh you fool you will be so annoyed!

Oh! LOOK... no gain after an UD and a half :eating:

Oh Dr J - Did I tell you lately that I love you?

Brilliant stuff :)

We should start a Dr J fan club :)

Well, that was a week. I thought registering them was brain achey enough!

My room is being used by someone else this week so we had to go a wandering to find rooms to sit in. They changed their minds about the subjects they wanted. We changed the blocks for everyone to accomodate them and STILL I have one HUGE class.

Now the second years are throwing spanners in the works!

Never mind, it will all work itself out, it usually does!

Oh, I managed a DD but decided that I just couldn't be bothered to organise myself aswell as 200 students. So I have eaten whatever fell onto my plate - not that much really. I found that if I ate a little something something I just didn't have the brain power to say no more. So I have really learned that lesson, liquids in daylight :)

I don't feel bad, bloated or in anyway guilty... I may even weigh myself.... oh! 209!! Just a pound on the evening of an Up Day!

I am so very happy with that, basically no change, no problem, especially as I had a slice of chocolate cake :)

I hope you're all doing well.

I had a lovely UD yesterday. I bought the rather irritating Thomasina Miers book, Mexican Food Made Easy. I am tired of Tex mex or complicated recipes for food I used to love. So I sat in Waterstone's and had a Costa coffee and chocolate twist and read through 3 new Mexican cookery books.

I didn't want to by the one by Miers as I find her TV programme irrititating - but much as with the programme, the food is just what I want and makes it all bearable. She has so much info and great recipes, so I bought it.

We had prawns in a coriander sauce for a starter followed by taco's with tomato salsa and a sweetcorn salsa and a spicy chicken filling and a black bean salad filling (with feta cheese and avocado). Loads of food that tasted delicious and some Pinot Grigio to wash it down with! It was just what we had been looking for, real Mexican flavours, fresh, slightly spicy, limey and zingy.

The whole day came to 2100kcals, not to bad as I didn't count them yesterday, just did that this morning! I am quite pleased with myself.

I am looking at making some of the recipes low fat/low kcal so I can add a meal to my DD. I'll mfp it and post it here when I have managed it!

Really (evil grin).

I may become your supplier then. Weekends are my eating days. We love cooking a wide variety of food. I think that is why I have always refused to diet before, I have absolutely no desire to lose the time I spend with OH doing something we both love.

This way allows me to continue exploring new foods, extravagent eating (that one meal was about 1700kcals in one hit) and still lose weight.

I may go Moroccan next week :)

2012willdoit said:
Really (evil grin).

I may become your supplier then. Weekends are my eating days. We love cooking a wide variety of food. I think that is why I have always refused to diet before, I have absolutely no desire to lose the time I spend with OH doing something we both love.

This way allows me to continue exploring new foods, extravagent eating (that one meal was about 1700kcals in one hit) and still lose weight.

I may go Moroccan next week :)

I agree; never happier than when I'm in the kitchen (ha, except when I'm at the dining table! ;))

P x

Well my official weigh in was this morning so on I hopped..... 2lbs down! Yay!

Now I would like to point out that that includes the sad 1lb I put on last week, due to my being a muppet and getting myself all hot and bothered about being back in class and having to cope with 122 new students all wanting timetables etc. So I sort of lost 3lbs.......

Either way, I am back in the groove and on target for Septembers goal! And ahead of my guesstimate as I have lost 18lbs over 9 weeks and I only worked out the numbers for 9lbs. So something is going right. Even in those weeks when I seem to have stalled the long term loss is good, nice and steady!

Did I tell you lately

Well done you on the lbs off this week!!

I've been getting very excited and ordering more cookery books too, love the fact that we can create gorgeous real food! Look forward to hearing about more yummy books you have found! :)

Love this way of eating (keeping all crossed that it loves me too!!)

Oops! I think I really lost the plot this week. Had a little binge on Monday eating all the weekend leftovers.... didn't really get to grips with the replacement DD and just sort of ate and ate. I decided to shout BOO and move on but...

... I bought the usual Friday steaks on the way home, OH works away during the week and we start the weekend with a good steak. I had a sudden thought - I haven't eaten all day!

Seems my body decided to DD without me :D

Hurry up!!!

I want it to be about Oct 7th(ish).

Hurry up!

If I am right I will be in Onederland by then.... and I haven't been there for about a decade. I plan to relocate there permanently rather than just visit this time.

I am hoping that JUDDD includes a Onederland visa! I am reading back through the book to check!

Hurry up!

Oh bother. I fell off again. I really need to Wednesday's sorted. I now I can DD tomorrow, but that wasn't the original deal.

Anyhoo... new numbers on the calculator, 450 and 1750. Must mfp for a while until I get used to them.

Oh I am such a numpty. I posted the above ON MY BIRTHDAY and didn't notice!

I thought this JUDDD thing was good for the little grey cells!

So I shall not expect to see a loss on Tuesday morning, I suspect we will be getting a take away for tea tomorrow :)

On the good side I am only 1lb up after 2 accidental U/M Ds, with 2 more to go before a DD. It may not be too bad. But there I go excusercising!

On with the weekend and forget the oops! I hope you all enjoy my birthday weekend as much as I intend to :D

I'm having fun! I popped onto the scales after breakfast this morning, to see if I had done any more 'damage'. I just wanted to track, not worry or panic.

Well, that pound I put on has gone and almost a whole other one with it!

After last night's tea, wine and brekky this morning!!

Weird is not the word. Fun though - you never know what is going to happen :D

And it doesn't count until Tuesday....

Back