2013 will be my year!

Someone on another conversation said their consultant suggested to do 7 syns and 7 superfree on 7days I mite give it a go

Not too happy with myslef this morning. Put on 2lb! I guess though that I do know why, chinese takeaway and dinner out last weekend, also have not really stuck to 10-15 syns a day to be totally honest.

You know what its like the odd handfull of peanuts when you go in the cupboard, the odd sweet as you get some out for the children, need I go on.

So need to kick my butt! :asskick: get over it and start a new week afresh but the learn the lessons of last week.

So 100% for 7 days it is, think i will join Sammie with 7 syns and 7 superfree on 7days and see how i get on.

Also think I will go back to salads for lunches as I seem to loss when i do that.

Now where did I put my paper diaries???

Food for today:

Breakfast:

half grapefruit
grated apple
onken yogurt 75g 1 syn
30g of honey nut shredded wheat HE B
2 eggs whizzed up with sweetener and cooked in the sandwich toaster - different but nice. lol

Snacks:
carrot and celery
melon
2 x satsuma
banana - :yuk: don't really like them but they fill you up!

Lunch:

Left over pork and apple stew 2 syns
cabbage, cauli, broc
Rice
Activia 0% fat free yogurt

Dinner:
SW Carbonara
pasta
egg
seasoning
parmesan HE A
0% fat fromarge frais
diced up bacon

with broc, cauli, carrots and french beans

3 syns for day leaving me enough to have a mini caramel egg (3 syns) for supper! :)

100% starts here today!

Glass water
Scrambled egg on toast
Tom sauce 1syn
Coffee with sugar 1 syn

Salad, homemade coleslaw with jacket potato and 40g cathedral city low fat cheese. See photo. 1 syn

Chicken and bacon hot pot from Jan/feb 2012 mag. With broccoli, French beans.

Attachments

• image-2221451915.jpg
    image-2221451915.jpg
    576.8 KB · Views: 10
100% yesterday 8syns in total.

Today is looking good. Decide to a red day!

Yogurt
2 hour gym session

2 x ryvita with 35g Philly cheese with alfalfa sprouts

Lunch
60g wholemeal bread
Mushrooms
Tomato
Alfalfa sprout
Turkey bacons rashers x2
2x linda mcCartney sausages 2syns
Grapes, satsuma

2 x ryvita with 35g Philly cheese
Muscles - got the out freezer from lunch tomorrow but keep nibbling on them lol

Dinner will be roast chicken, loads of superfree veg gravy and 1 Yorkshire pudding. (Need to check no if syns.)

(Haven't had Philly for a HE a before - you have to spread it so thick to use 2 tubs on 4 ryvita!)

Breakfast
Half grapefruit
ML yogurt
Hovis 7 seed sensation bread HE b
Spread 1.5 syn

Snacks
Melon
2 satsumas

Lunch
Mussels
Pasta
Lettuce, cucumber, tomato,
Radish
Home made coleslaw, red cabbage, carrots, onion, fat free dressing, half table spoon salad cream .5 syn

Snack
Grapes
Chicken
Large cookie 9.5 syn

Dinner
Pork chop
Jacket potato
Carrots, beans, cauliflower
Gravy 100ml 2 syns

Small pancake with lemon juice and sweetener cooked in fry light 3 syns
175ml milk HE a

Total syns 16.5

Breakfast
Half grapefruit
Hovis 7 seed sensation bread HE b
Smoked Salmon
Scrambled egg

Snacks
Melon
2 satsumas
carrots and celery

Lunch
chicken
jacket potato
Lettuce, cucumber, tomato,
Radish
Home made coleslaw, red cabbage, carrots, onion, fat free dressing, half table spoon salad cream .5 syn

Snack
Grapes
Mussels

Dinner
Gammon steak
Egg
SW chips
Swede
Artichoke
Celeriac

1 small pancake 3 syns

4 x mini caramel eggs 12 syns

Total syns 15.5 today

Last edited:
Hi, how is your week going so far? I sts this week, quite disappointed with that, but keeping on track, so far anyway lol :hug99:

Week not too bad thanks. STS is good, I put on 2lb last week. Doing better this week have lost 1lb so far, as I still keep jumping on those scales every morning, I just cant break the habit.

Giving up chocolate and sweets for Lent, I usually give up chocolate, but turn to sweets in stead, so thought I would give up both this year.

Sleeping a bit better, but its going to take a while to get used to hubby working nights, but I will get there.

Just looked at yesterdays diary and realised that I did not have a HE A choice totally forgot! LOL

What about you hows things?

:bighug:

Last edited:
I'm doing ok thanks, I am just very impatient!! Week 4, and don't feel lighter lol
If I don't lose next Mon, thinking of switching plans for a while, but don't know enough about 'red' days. Watching a starter pack on ebay at the moment, will prob go up to a silly price.
Glad you're sleeping better, takes a while to get used to shift patterns - for both parties. When I was married, we both did nights, at different times - that was difficult! Are you still swapping from ee/red?
Re the scales, I wonder if it will ease off when you get closer to target? I'm actually scared to get on them any day other than wi lol - in case I've put on!! :eek:
Good luck for Friday - really hope it's a good one for you :fingerscrossed:

Stick with it

Maybe assess what you're doing these tips usually help me:
- are you drinking enough water
- are you exercising
- are you having free food before considering to use your syns when you're hungry between meals
- are you writing everything down
- are you measuring everything or guessing
- are you having enough superfree or pilling the carbs too high
- Maybe read through any books you have again
- Maybe look at a food diary of a week where you had a good weight loss

Hope this helps guys I'm having a great week I feel like I'm back in control and I feel lighter

I'm having a day off dieting for valentines day with my fiancé (not pigging out cos i dont want to undo my hard work so far this week but we are eating out and not counting syns) then straight back on it tomorrow

Happy valentines day xx

Enjoy Valentines!

I am not really doing so well, I had a bit of of a binge last evening, not a lot but too much! New I would regret it in the morning but still did it any way.

So think I will take heed of your notes above. I do weigh all my HE and measure my syns, but I do not think i drink enough. I eat loads of superfree foods with meals and as snacks. but its the odd hand full of peanuts, or the odd biscuit in the evening when I am cooking that is my down fall. The syns soon add up!

So I need to stick to 10 syns a day for the next week and see how I do. I also need to hide the scales! I have put 2lb on since yesterday, so now feel even worse than I did.

If I didn't need them for a WI on a Friday, I would throw them away! then I could not weigh myself all the time.

Food for today:

Breakfast
Glass water
half grapefruit
smoked salmon
scrambled egg
1 slice hovis seed sensation bread HE B

snacks
crab sticks
plum x2
satsuma x2
Kellogs Mini Breaks 5 syns
Kellogs cracker crisps 4.5 syns

Lunch
Chicken
Rice
cabbage
mushrooms
onions
(leftover dinner from last night was meant to be tarragon chicken from the Jan/Feb may but I could not get any tarragon, so used sage in stead, and it was really nice.)
Shape yogurt
Can diet coke

Dinner
Spag bol (made with extra lean pork mince, onions, mushrooms, garlic, passarta and chicken stock)
pasta
salad (lettuce, radish, tomato, alfalfa, cucumber)

Syns: 9.5

Drinks
2 glass water
1 coffee
1 green tea
1 diet coke

Last edited:
I bet you don't count all syns when you have a sneaky handful of nuts or the cheeky biscuit?
That's what I started to do: have a cheeky rich tea finger biscuit or breadstick thinking "it's just 1syn" then don't add it onto my syns through forgetting I ate it or trying not to show I'd gone over my syns
Tut tut
But done a lot better this week no cheeky snacks
Yay me!

Back