2014 weight loss challenge

I don't think that's cowardly, I think it's the right thing to do sometimes because I know if I jump on the scales and the number is reeeeally bad, I eat to console myself lol

Thx - I'll try to remember ur words for the next time - yes I just KNOW there will be a repeat performance in the future!!

I actually think even just posting here helps me get in the right frame of mind,if I do it regularly enough,so fingers crossed I can find some motivation!

I think so too - it's important to keep posting - no recriminations here cos we're all in the same boat - no need to WI either - just post a few words if that' all u feel up to and u'll get all the support u need to get over a bad patch - I'd never be where I am (even tho' I've had an awful June) if it wasn't for u and my Minis mates - so thank u all!! xx

To be honest I think I'm getting so hung up on the final goal that I'm not focusing in losing weight at all as I'm just seeing that end number.i think I'm safer scrapping the goal altogether and just focusing on getting the numbers down

Great news - and a brilliant idea - numbers do us no favours at times - think I'll do the same - that cd be why I fell of the wagon for the whole of June!!

To be honest I think I'm getting so hung up on the final goal that I'm not focusing in losing weight at all as I'm just seeing that end number.i think I'm safer scrapping the goal altogether and just focusing on getting the numbers down

Having read this post of urs earlier - I've just scrubbed my goal weight and I honestly feel better already!! Will tell WW leader the same on Tues - thx again Autumn for ur brill way of pointing out the bleeding obvious!! xx

I actually think even just posting here helps me get in the right frame of mind,if I do it regularly enough,so fingers crossed I can find some motivation!

Hope you do keep posting Autumn as it really does help a lot. I nearly opened up a huge box of chocs earlier this evening, stopped myself then posted on my diary, got some wonderful support and have managed to resist. It would have been disastrous and normally there would have been nothing to stop me but this place does make you stop and think when you're sharing it all with others in the same boat xx

Allo all, back again with tail between my legs and (I expect!) at least a 10lb gain after weeks of binging and a holiday binge. I've been avoiding the thread as I went off the rails for several weeks in a row and wouldn't face up to it. Now our holiday has now been and gone I want to get serious again.

Plan for now is Slim Fast and pilates in hopes to get a good loss going and will get the awful start weight again tomorrow (it is going to be baaaaaaad!)

Good to see you back, hope you and Autumn can help each other to get back on track again :)

Good luck to both of you xx

Having read this post of urs earlier - I've just scrubbed my goal weight and I honestly feel better already!! Will tell WW leader the same on Tues - thx again Autumn for ur brill way of pointing out the bleeding obvious!! xx

Great idea Upndown, I really hope it helps you xx

Yay upndown that is fab! I'm def gonna scrap mine,you can remind me of that next time I'm freaking out about numbers! I think it just takes a weight off your shoulders and helps you look at losing each pound,rather than some distant off number which may or may not be achievable,I think a lot of people losing weight,me included,have never been a 'normal' or slim weight in their adult life and so don't actually know what final weight will suit them,I actually picked mine cos I started at 11st 9.5 and picked 8st 9 as it was three stone and so a round number-that is clearly not the way to choose your goal weight lol

Sammy I agree the support on here is fab and now I have an iPhone instead of my crap blackberry I can use the app way more cos my internet access is better so fingers crossed it helps!

I chose my target as I dieted not long after getting married and got down to 11st 10lb and a size 10/12. I thought I would aim for 11st this time as it might give me a bit more of a safety net in case I fluctuated a bit after hitting target.

For now though I am just going to try and focus on my mini targets in the signature rather than the final result. Hopefully that will help as some have pretty small gaps between them.

Yay upndown that is fab! I'm def gonna scrap mine,you can remind me of that next time I'm freaking out about numbers! I think it just takes a weight off your shoulders and helps you look at losing each pound,rather than some distant off number which may or may not be achievable,I think a lot of people losing weight,me included,have never been a 'normal' or slim weight in their adult life and so don't actually know what final weight will suit them,I actually picked mine cos I started at 11st 9.5 and picked 8st 9 as it was three stone and so a round number-that is clearly not the way to choose your goal weight lol

Yes it's amazing how different I feel since I've ditched my target (earlier tonight hee hee) I can heartily recommend it!

I've been dieting for so many years - always with a goal figure in mind (usually random & there's been so many variations - of course rarely achieved - so they were worthless really) This is ground-breaking for me!! So big thx to u and ur common sense!!

Know exactly where ur coming from - when I think about it - I've no idea what I shd weigh lol!! U may set a trend with this one!!

I chose my target as I dieted not long after getting married and got down to 11st 10lb and a size 10/12. I thought I would aim for 11st this time as it might give me a bit more of a safety net in case I fluctuated a bit after hitting target. For now though I am just going to try and focus on my mini targets in the signature rather than the final result. Hopefully that will help as some have pretty small gaps between them.

That's what I am aiming for too,the mini goals,I think they are good for keeping momentum going,esp like you say when there are small gaps between them,I think I might actually change my goals to make the gap between them smaller so that it doesn't seem as difficult

Yes it's amazing how different I feel since I've ditched my target (earlier tonight hee hee) I can heartily recommend it! I've been dieting for so many years - always with a goal figure in mind (usually random & there's been so many variations - of course rarely achieved - so they were worthless really) This is ground-breaking for me!! So big thx to u and ur common sense!!

Isn't it funny how we pick these numbers out of thin air sometimes?when they don't take into consideration things like increased muscle from exercise and lots of other factors.

Could some lovely person update me to 7lbs lost altogether please? That's a ten pound gain in around a month,which is so grim but I expected my weight to be higher this morning so can't complain too much.i have a fruit and vegetable juice and granola and almond milk for breakfast,a natural nut and fruit bar for break and a salad with spinach,cucumber,carrot,apple and quinoa with some tomato and chilli dressing for lunch.bejng organised helps infinitely but I always fall down on this because food planning is so bloody boring lol

List as of 30th June - please update your loss and change date if relevant

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 7lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 14.2lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Missa - pledged 42lbs - lost 0.5lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 29lbs
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 6lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 12lbs
CatA - pledged 57lbs - lost 0lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs
miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs
Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb
Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 12lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 25lbs
Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs
leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs
2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs
Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 9lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs
zigmaster - pledged 42lbs - lost 3 lbs
Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 17lbs
Slim2bee - pledged 35lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 11.5lbs
Believer77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 20lbs
MelonCollie - pledged 56lbs - lost 22.5lbs

Well, I weighed.....211lb's (15st 1lb) *sob* Around half a stone gained over last couple of weeks

Well done for weighing in! At least that means it won't be long until you break into the 14s!

I've just been reading all your posts and I am so with you all on feeling frustrated with goals. I've now be around the 16st 3 mark for 10 weeks! I am doing lots of exercise and I have seen changes in my body shape and muscle tone but ultimately I still want and need to lose more weight.

I just feel if I could get into the 15s it would give me momentum and motivation to push on whereas at the moment I know I keep sneaking treats in to my week because part of me thinks what's the point I'm going to be stuck at the same weight whatever I do.

I know at least once a week it really gets to me and my OH is so lovely and sweet and tries to support me but I can also see how my mood affects him too, in that he gets annoyed that he can't fix it for me. All he wants is for me to be happy and I know it wouldn't make a difference to him if I never lost another pound.

Despite all my goals below really I'm just concentrating on one which is to get into the 15s. Currently 3lbs to go, wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

1st 6 pounds down from last year is fab! I know your disheartened by what you have lost this year, but don't lose sight of that bigger picture you have done great! Hope we works for you, it was great for helping me lose the bulk of my weight, I just find that I've tried so many diets that I'm used to them all so get complacent so quickly, I swear the person who works out how to bottle willpower and motivation will be a billionaire! Ps your hair looks so shiny and pretty in your pic!

Thank you honey - so nice of you !! Xx

Isn't it funny how we pick these numbers out of thin air sometimes?when they don't take into consideration things like increased muscle from exercise and lots of other factors. Could some lovely person update me to 7lbs lost altogether please? That's a ten pound gain in around a month,which is so grim but I expected my weight to be higher this morning so can't complain too much.i have a fruit and vegetable juice and granola and almond milk for breakfast,a natural nut and fruit bar for break and a salad with spinach,cucumber,carrot,apple and quinoa with some tomato and chilli dressing for lunch.bejng organised helps infinitely but I always fall down on this because food planning is so bloody boring lol

You'll lose that soon autumn ! If only we could just stick with it instead of losing and gaining the same pounds repeatedly !!!! I'm doing 7 day horrible diet again prior to my hols in a week because I've left it too late to lose any more sensibly !! Idiot that I am !! Xx

I've just been reading all your posts and I am so with you all on feeling frustrated with goals. I've now be around the 16st 3 mark for 10 weeks! I am doing lots of exercise and I have seen changes in my body shape and muscle tone but ultimately I still want and need to lose more weight. I just feel if I could get into the 15s it would give me momentum and motivation to push on whereas at the moment I know I keep sneaking treats in to my week because part of me thinks what's the point I'm going to be stuck at the same weight whatever I do. I know at least once a week it really gets to me and my OH is so lovely and sweet and tries to support me but I can also see how my mood affects him too, in that he gets annoyed that he can't fix it for me. All he wants is for me to be happy and I know it wouldn't make a difference to him if I never lost another pound. Despite all my goals below really I'm just concentrating on one which is to get into the 15s. Currently 3lbs to go, wish me luck Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think you have done fantastically well to not throw the towel in, if my weight sts for too long I would binge, so well done you! I have three pounds to lose to get down a stone bracket too, we will do it together.

I'm trying to just eat healthily but today us my first day and I feel like I'm overeating because what I'm eating is healthy if that makes sense-it may be healthy but still has a lot of calories! I don't really want to follow a 'diet' as such, rather I just want to change my current diet. It will take some adjustment- I thought I'd a lot of food in work with me and it all seemed very filling but turned out I was starving when I finished work and that's why I've been being a but greedy. Il try again tomorrow

Back