2014 weight loss challenge

Love your new avatar Autumn! I take it that's your little doggie there? Yes do keep posting as it really does help doesn't it? Good luck for this aft, hope you manage to get through ok xx

Thank you! Yeah that was her last year when we first got her, that pic always makes me smile though.i got through the afternoon ok so il have my dinner and that will be me sorted hopefully!

I'm going to def try and stick to posting here to try and keep my motivation up! Cancelled my half day so won't be eating til around half four or five,hoping I can last til then lol

It's a nightmare when ur watching the clock for next feeding time! I do it even when I'm not hungry - my hubby says he eats to live and I'm the opposite (can't deny it!!) Glad ur on track - it def makes us feel better physically and mentallyxx

3 pounds off this week taking me to 22 pounds in total and my stone and a half award - can someone please update me

Thanks

Yay for motivation,go you!its great to feel in the zone like that,I'm motivated at the minute to and am going to enjoy it while it lasts cos I know mine can disappear as quickly as it came lol

What a cute doggy!!

Yes but we have seen what you can do when you are in the zone and motivated! Considering you went a bit off plan for a while I don't think you did too badly with the few pounds you gained :)

Fast day for me and I have a really sore throat and am feeling very hayfeverish so only want to drink at the minute which I suppose is handy!taking a half day today which means if it's going bad il be able to take a nap later,so another relatively easy fast day compared to what they will usually be like,Friday will be my first big test as il be in work til five that day,not looking forward to it!

Hope ur feeling better soon - but as u say handy as long as ur not too bad.

Yes - reg my gain - I only faced the scales when I'd dieted for a few days and I'd gained 5 so reckon it was about 10 b4 I had the courage to WI!

Gah hope you feel better soon Autumn...although will definitely help diet if it's killed appetite!

I've been on track two days solid woohoo! Been ages since I felt motivated!

Great to hear ur back on track - that's a great feeling isn't it?

Updating for Cazdav. Well done! You're doing fab and over half way! :)

Updated list as of 9th July - please update your loss and change date if relevant.

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 10.25lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 18.2lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 32.5lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 5lbs
CatA - pledged 57lbs - lost 0lbs
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 13.75lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 26.5lbs
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs????
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 9lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs
Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 11.5lbs
Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs
MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 29lbs
Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs

Updating for Cazdav. Well done! You're doing fab and over half way! :)

Updated list as of 9th July - please update your loss and change date if relevant.

Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 18.2lbs

I'm still here! Just need to revise my goal and weight then I'll update mine!!! :D xxx

Well today shouldn't be too bad food wise as I just found out that I got a job I interviewed for last month,so I've lost my appetite big time lol.anyone else get really anxious about change?i nearly cried when I read the email when it came through,I wouldn't say I loved it but I do like the people I work with and because I'm so shy I really struggle with new people.ive worked in my building for five years and it was my first proper job after uni so it's all I've really known,so my excitement for a new job with more money is being overshadowed by sadness at leaving people and a real sense of fear.

Sorry,that's not diet or food related but I had to get it out there before I burst into tears on the train lol

Well today shouldn't be too bad food wise as I just found out that I got a job I interviewed for last month,so I've lost my appetite big time lol.anyone else get really anxious about change?i nearly cried when I read the email when it came through,I wouldn't say I loved it but I do like the people I work with and because I'm so shy I really struggle with new people.ive worked in my building for five years and it was my first proper job after uni so it's all I've really known,so my excitement for a new job with more money is being overshadowed by sadness at leaving people and a real sense of fear.

Sorry,that's not diet or food related but I had to get it out there before I burst into tears on the train lol

Well congrats on the job - is it the one u felt u hadn't been able to prepare for? Yes I know what u mean about change - think a lot of us get comfortable then it's a shock to move on - but u must have been ready for it or else u wdn't have been looking around. Just try to think positively - u wanted the job - I'd say ur probably ready to move after 5 years in current job esp at ur stage in ur career - u'll probably keep in touch with at least some of ur current workmates - so it'll be au revoir rather than farewell when the time comes!

I think it's fine to bring non-diet stuff here - what's happening in our lives affects our mood which in turn affects our eating!! Congrats again - try to be chuffed with urself!! xx

Well congrats on the job - is it the one u felt u hadn't been able to prepare for? Yes I know what u mean about change - think a lot of us get comfortable then it's a shock to move on - but u must have been ready for it or else u wdn't have been looking around. Just try to think positively - u wanted the job - I'd say ur probably ready to move after 5 years in current job esp at ur stage in ur career - u'll probably keep in touch with at least some of ur current workmates - so it'll be au revoir rather than farewell when the time comes! I think it's fine to bring non-diet stuff here - what's happening in our lives affects our mood which in turn affects our eating!! Congrats again - try to be chuffed with urself!! xx

Thank you,yes that was the one :) thank you for that post it has really helped,I'm a civil servant and a trawl opportunity went out for a promotion and I didn't pass the line managers assessment for that one but I applied for another promotion which didn't need an assessment and I got that one,plus it has no staff which is a bonus.i know I have to take this job as it's very hard to get sideways moves from my building and promotion opportunities don't come up often and work wise I'm very bored at the minute so I know it's for the best,it's just the whole fear of change thing,although the new building is only a 5/10 minute walk from the old one so should be able to meet people for lunch.

I had some chocolate this evening and some of oh's pizza so over calories a bit but it's a fast day tomorrow and then I'm going to enjoy my weekend.my dietbet finishes tomorrow and I have hopefully won it so that's quite good

Hope everyone else is looking forward to their weekend :)

Aww hun, congratulations on the job and big hugs as I can very much relate to how you feel about change and how things can sometimes seem overwhelming. I used to be absolutely terrible with any kind of change at all but I have to say that life has changed me as time has gone on and now I embrace change and stuff doesn't bother me quite so much but I can remember how it makes you feel. I am sure you will be fine once you actually get there and meet everyone. When do you start? And how lovely that you can still have lunch with your old workmates! It's a great opportunity for you, a new start so go grab it by the horns hun and be proud of yourself :)

No worries about offloading on here, I totally agree with Upndown that our mood affects our approach to food so it is very much related to our diets. Plus we are here to listen anyway! xx

Thank you,yes that was the one :) thank you for that post it has really helped,I'm a civil servant and a trawl opportunity went out for a promotion and I didn't pass the line managers assessment for that one but I applied for another promotion which didn't need an assessment and I got that one,plus it has no staff which is a bonus.i know I have to take this job as it's very hard to get sideways moves from my building and promotion opportunities don't come up often and work wise I'm very bored at the minute so I know it's for the best,it's just the whole fear of change thing,although the new building is only a 5/10 minute walk from the old one so should be able to meet people for lunch.

I had some chocolate this evening and some of oh's pizza so over calories a bit but it's a fast day tomorrow and then I'm going to enjoy my weekend.my dietbet finishes tomorrow and I have hopefully won it so that's quite good

Hope everyone else is looking forward to their weekend :)

Hi - ur sounding more positive already and lovely ur can have lunch with ur mates - I used to be a civil servant until I took vol redundancy - I think the promotion scheme they brought in was a nonsense - and I know that others felt the same - setting tests isn't always (if ever) the best way to select staff - there are so many other qualities to consider - also when ppl have other qualifications esp like u with a degree - u've proved urself academically - Heads of Depts weren't consulted prior to the 'reveal' but lots of us made our feelings known but to no avail! Bet they'll do a u-turn on that decision one day - hope so for the staff's sake - rant over!

Hope ur fast day is going well - I'm impressed!!

Well done on the job autumn hope it goes well for you

Have lost 2.6lbs this week

Updated list as of 11th July - please update your loss and change date if relevant.

Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 20.8lbs

Updated with my recent stats :D I had a 2lb gain last week and forgot to update but a 3lb loss this week so 1 off overall for me :D

Updated list as of 12th July - please update your loss and change date if relevant.

Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 20.8lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 12.5lbs

Boo to the gain and Yay to the loss - ur doing so well!!

Not feeling hopeful for tomorrow. We had a naughty mcd's and a couple of days were I went over cals a bit.

Hoping next week will be better, although it will be hard as I will have company as my 4 year old developed some nice chickenpox spots overnight.

Back