2014 weight loss challenge

Morning all. Just to let you know that over the school summer holidays my plan is to only be on plan for a few days per week, to try to maintain until September when I will get back to losing weight and getting to goal. So I won't be posting any losses over the next six weeks. I will still be around though. Hope everyone carries on doing well xx

Sounds like a good plan for the summer break - much easier to maintain than lose - but know it's not easy peasy either - enjoy!

That's a good attitude! I'm struggling a bit today tbh - sticking to the fruit and fat free yogs at the mo!! x

Small gain of 0.8lb this week. No surprise seeing as I've been nibbling and baking most of week with Little Miss Chickenpox.

Should be able to be extra strict this week as she can go back to childminder as her spots have crusted over.

Edited: "I have crusted over"??? wtf lol

Last edited:
Hope you manage to stay with it as you've been doing really well! Not always easy though is it? Especially at the weekend.

Are you going to do the salad challenge again at some point?

Hi - not doing the challenge next week - then off on hols for a month the following week - so will need to be careful - I cd do a lot of damage in that time!

List as of 19th July

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 10.25lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 21.8lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 34.5lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 5lbs
CatA - pledged 57lbs - lost 1.4lbs
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.25lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 28.5lbs
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs????
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 10.8lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs
Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 12.5lbs
Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs
MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 32.5lbs
Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs

Good luck with that - I'll look forward to seeing how that all works - really think that fasting wd help me to maintain - it's just doing it that's the prob (a minor detail eh?!)

So far I'm quite enjoying it although I'm still eating too much on non fast days but I will work on that.i actually find I have a bit more energy on fast days and tend to feel sluggish and a little bit low in mood on the other ways,probs because I eat crap food those days,it's all a bit of a work in progress but I'm enjoying it,scary to see how often I eat out of habit,boredom or because the clock says a certain time

Finally lost some fresh weight today, 1.5lbs off x Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 10.25lbs loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 20.8lbs littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 34.5lbs newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 5lbs CatA - pledged 57lbs - lost 2.2lbs KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.25lbs Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 28.5lbs KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs???? Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 10.8lbs cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 12.5lbs Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 32.5lbs Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs

I love fresh weight loss,well done! I need to lose about 15 pounds to get back into fresh weightloss,doh!

This is so true this person has been over weight all her life and unfortunately her children are as well and have negative body image diabetes plus other issues which is so sad . Last time I saw her she asked " are you still going to weight watchers ? " I do Slimming World ! She never listens it's always about her ...... She then said slimming clubs don't work they're only after your money . She recently saw her Dr about her health problems and she suggested joining a support group to help eat more healthy and give her all the information about nutrition all for free which I thought was brilliant . You go once a month for help and support .She did go once when I asked about it she said she's not going anymore as she can't be bothered ! There is no hope with some people as I said it's her life so it's her choice it's a shame that the children are unfortunately the same ! Don't want to go on and bore you all just wanted to share so background info especially if the same has happened to anyone else . Happy Friday have a cool weekend xx

I think there are so many people like your friend who struggle with their weight and because they can't deal with their struggles they can't handle other people who are working to improve themselves-I think they need to remember not to piss on someone else's parade just because they find it hard,we all have our own struggles.weightloss is hard and hopefully she will have her lightbulb moment and realise she does want to shift the weight and you will become an inspiration to her rather than a threat which is how she seems to view you now which isn't very nice.you are doing fab though,well done

Morning all. Just to let you know that over the school summer holidays my plan is to only be on plan for a few days per week, to try to maintain until September when I will get back to losing weight and getting to goal. So I won't be posting any losses over the next six weeks. I will still be around though. Hope everyone carries on doing well xx

Hiya,good luck doing that,hope it works well for you and gives you an insight into what it will be like to maintain when you reach goal,I'd be far too scared to do it as I'd see it as a green light to go nuts and eat everything lol

So far I'm quite enjoying it although I'm still eating too much on non fast days but I will work on that.i actually find I have a bit more energy on fast days and tend to feel sluggish and a little bit low in mood on the other ways,probs because I eat crap food those days,it's all a bit of a work in progress but I'm enjoying it,scary to see how often I eat out of habit,boredom or because the clock says a certain time

Yes I agree all this lark is work in progress - I know exactly what u mean about feeling rough after eating rubbish all too well! But u seem to be in a better place already and some of the habits we've developed will take a bit longer to crack.

I'm following Weebuns fasting diary and she's refining her regime - in a way I'd love to do but I'm going at a snail's pace!! Seriously thinking of switching to 5:2 when I get back from hols Mmmm let's see what happens :eek:

Weebuns is an inspiration,I have a lot of similar views and ideas as her in terms of diet and where I'd like to be,but the difference is that she is actually following through with it lol

List as of 19th July

Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 14lbs

Updated with my 1.5lb loss this week, got my stone award this week :D

Weebuns is an inspiration,I have a lot of similar views and ideas as her in terms of diet and where I'd like to be,but the difference is that she is actually following through with it lol

I agree - but I think she'd be the first to say it's taken her a while to make all the fantastic changes she's made for the better!!

I agree - but I think she'd be the first to say it's taken her a while to make all the fantastic changes she's made for the better!!

Yeah def,it's nice to see her journey and see that it has taken time to get where she is and it won't just happen overnight

List as of 19th July Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 10.25lbs loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 21.8lbs littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 34.5lbs newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 5lbs CatA - pledged 57lbs - lost 1.4lbs KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.25lbs Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 28.5lbs KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs???? Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 10.8lbs cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 14lbs Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 32.5lbs Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs Updated with my 1.5lb loss this week, got my stone award this week :D

Well done you,bet you are well chuffed!

Hi - not doing the challenge next week - then off on hols for a month the following week - so will need to be careful - I cd do a lot of damage in that time!

Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean. So easy for us to do damage. I've put 3.5lbs back on already! You going any where nice for your hols?

Small gain of 0.8lb this week. No surprise seeing as I've been nibbling and baking most of week with Little Miss Chickenpox.

Should be able to be extra strict this week as she can go back to childminder as her spots have crusted over.

Edited: "I have crusted over"??? wtf lol

Haha! This made be giggle! Not the bit about the gain obviously. That doesn't sound too bad under the circumstances though. Hope you have a good week next week.

Hiya,good luck doing that,hope it works well for you and gives you an insight into what it will be like to maintain when you reach goal,I'd be far too scared to do it as I'd see it as a green light to go nuts and eat everything lol

Nope, not giving me an idea of how it is to maintain at all as I've definitely been going nuts lol! Got to start reigning it back in again now.

Glad you are doing ok on the 5:2 diet so far.

List as of 19th July

Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 14lbs

Updated with my 1.5lb loss this week, got my stone award this week :D

You must be so pleased, well done on your 1 stone off! It's a lovely feeling isn't it? :)

Oh yes, I know exactly what you mean. So easy for us to do damage. I've put 3.5lbs back on already! You going any where nice for your hols?
The first week we're taking our grandchildren away - they're 2, 9 and 13 we're taking them to mid Wales to the Sali Mali place (a Welsh tv character) then off to France - so really looking forward to it all (except all the foodie temptation!!) Hope ur enjoying urselves - great to get away!! Ur gain will probably settle down - a lot of it will prob be water do u think? Just make the most of ur break! x

The first week we're taking our grandchildren away - they're 2, 9 and 13 we're taking them to mid Wales to the Sali Mali place (a Welsh tv character) then off to France - so really looking forward to it all (except all the foodie temptation!!) Hope ur enjoying urselves - great to get away!! Ur gain will probably settle down - a lot of it will prob be water do u think? Just make the most of ur break! x

Thanks Upndown, finding it very hard today trying to stay on plan while bein on 'hol' :rolleyes:

Sounds like you will have a lovely few weeks away, enjoy it all! :) xx

Back