2014 weight loss challenge

Hi another 1.5 off bringing my total to 32 lbs gone ! So pleased set my target in group today and I'm 0.5 under would love to loose another 2.5 which is my lowest end of target to give me 6lbs to play with while on holiday . I'm happy hanging around this weight range at the moment during the summer with children home well my youngest 17 she likes going on days out with me still so don't want to be to restricted ! Also I don't have to pay for group and won't have to pay double if I can't get there cause I've got other things on . In September I'll see how I feel but still want to get the 42lb off by end of year which would make me under 10.7 which is my idea goal . Will continue updating have a good week xxx :)

Woohoo that's amazing go you! You have been doing so well lately

Oooh well done ur in the groove Autumn!! Are u still doing the 5:2?

Hiya yeah I am.im trying to do it every other day which doesn't always work but it's still keeping my calories down anyway cos if one of the intended fast days turns into a non fast day I still end up eating less than if it was a normal non fast day if that makes sense! I think once I get into the low tens I will start feeling more motivated,I'm still losing 'old' weight and that's nowhere near as exciting! How have you been?

Hiya yeah I am.im trying to do it every other day which doesn't always work but it's still keeping my calories down anyway cos if one of the intended fast days turns into a non fast day I still end up eating less than if it was a normal non fast day if that makes sense! I think once I get into the low tens I will start feeling more motivated,I'm still losing 'old' weight and that's nowhere near as exciting! How have you been?

Yes u've got a good plan there! Hope ur feeling more in control - it sounds as if u are? Do u start ur new job soon?

I've been true to my sign in name - one good day then rubbish the next! I've decided to try to do the 5:2 on my hols - can't face coming back with a big gain - not sure if I'll be able to do it tho'!

Had my first fast day yest (4th attempt! But unlike u I went nuts late evening on the other 3 attempts so had loads more than a normal day :(). Going to try to fit 2 more b4 hols ... we'll see!

Yes u've got a good plan there! Hope ur feeling more in control - it sounds as if u are? Do u start ur new job soon? I've been true to my sign in name - one good day then rubbish the next! I've decided to try to do the 5:2 on my hols - can't face coming back with a big gain - not sure if I'll be able to do it tho'! Had my first fast day yest (4th attempt! But unlike u I went nuts late evening on the other 3 attempts so had loads more than a normal day :(). Going to try to fit 2 more b4 hols ... we'll see!

It's evenings I struggle with too,I'm grand during the day and then evening is hit or miss,luckily I don't keep enough bad food in the house to do too much damage lol.they do say it's supposed to be flexible so if I aren't feeling up to it one day just try again,even when I don't manage a fast day,at least I'm trying,and the good thing is that the next day will always be a new day,so it's stopped me being too crazy (although I did have a few 3000cal days last week but at least it involved meals out rather than mindless binging)

Let me know how u get on with ur other fast days!

I start the job I originally missed out on on Thursday! They wanted me so much they are getting me in asap!

I start the job I originally missed out on on Thursday! They wanted me so much they are getting me in asap!
that's amazing,well done,so chuffed for you! What will you be doing?bet that's such a weight lifted off your shoulders knowing you will be leaving a job you hate!

I left the job I hate mid June.. Mutual agreement to end contract and I got 6 weeks break and two months pay (plus owed holiday) with written promise of a glowing reference (proved they knew they were in wrong with the crap I put up with there).

I'm actually covered with the pay from them up until mid-end August hehe

I will be the Information Officer for MIND :) and doing all sorts

Hi - ur doing well to carry on counting whilst ur on hols but it's hard isn't it? But not so hard as facing a big gain after not counting!! I'm getting worked up about it and I've got a week b4 we go!! I obsessed with this dieting lark!! Hope ur enjoying urself - the weather's great isn't it?

Hi Upndown. It is extremely tough dieting while away especially the evenings. I only managed two full days this week but my weight today is actually .25lb lighter than last Saturday. It could be because I've been doing two dog walks and a bike ride each day so hopefully if I keep that up it will work out. I'm planning on doing Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday on plan so at least there's a break in between.

It can get obsessive can't it? I hope you can manage to balance things out a bit while you're away too.

We're loving it here, been outside most days but in the shade as far too hot otherwise!

Have a great time on your hols :)

Hi another 1.5 off bringing my total to 32 lbs gone ! So pleased set my target in group today and I'm 0.5 under would love to loose another 2.5 which is my lowest end of target to give me 6lbs to play with while on holiday . I'm happy hanging around this weight range at the moment during the summer with children home well my youngest 17 she likes going on days out with me still so don't want to be to restricted ! Also I don't have to pay for group and won't have to pay double if I can't get there cause I've got other things on . In September I'll see how I feel but still want to get the 42lb off by end of year which would make me under 10.7 which is my idea goal . Will continue updating have a good week xxx :)

You have done brilliantly so you deserve some relaxed time off plan so you can enjoy the summer hols. I'll update the list for you. Well done!

That's great Cat, bet you are very happy.

Updating for Katsmad

List as of 26th July

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 12.75lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 21.8lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 34.5lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 5lbs
CatA - pledged 57lbs - lost 1.4lbs
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.25lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 32lbs
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs????
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 10.8lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs
Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 14lbs
Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs
MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 32.5lbs
Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs

Hi Upndown. It is extremely tough dieting while away especially the evenings. I only managed two full days this week but my weight today is actually .25lb lighter than last Saturday. It could be because I've been doing two dog walks and a bike ride each day so hopefully if I keep that up it will work out. I'm planning on doing Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday on plan so at least there's a break in between.

It can get obsessive can't it? I hope you can manage to balance things out a bit while you're away too.

We're loving it here, been outside most days but in the shade as far too hot otherwise!

Glad ur having a good time - great to have the weather - so glad the exercise is working for u - a loss is a loss and excellent when ur on hols! Hope that continues for u - enjoy the weekend xx

I left the job I hate mid June.. Mutual agreement to end contract and I got 6 weeks break and two months pay (plus owed holiday) with written promise of a glowing reference (proved they knew they were in wrong with the crap I put up with there).

I'm actually covered with the pay from them up until mid-end August hehe

I will be the Information Officer for MIND :) and doing all sorts

Congrats - sounds like an interesting job - but a big task for u - lots of true ignorance about mental health issues aren't there??

It's evenings I struggle with too,I'm grand during the day and then evening is hit or miss,luckily I don't keep enough bad food in the house to do too much damage lol.they do say it's supposed to be flexible so if I aren't feeling up to it one day just try again,even when I don't manage a fast day,at least I'm trying,and the good thing is that the next day will always be a new day,so it's stopped me being too crazy (although I did have a few 3000cal days last week but at least it involved meals out rather than mindless binging)

Let me know how u get on with ur other fast days!

Well yest was a non fast day but I went mad - so disappointed with that - trying to do a sensible non fast day today - so far had a sensible b'fast and lunch - about 300 cals for b'fast and same for lunch - my TDEE works out at 1800 cals which seems a lot - so just trying to eat 'nornally' whatever that is!!

Hope ur sticking to ur plan - I'm impressed u stuck to 3000 when u were out for meals - it's so much better to eat sensibly than binge - so if u can crack that u'll have made great progress!!

Yup. MIND in Croydon actually do a lot of good work though so I am looking forward to it. I will be the Information Officer in charge of design work, databases, keeping all information up to date and sending out when requested via phone, email website etc. Plus keeping websites updated and helping the HR Manager with that side of business.

I weighed this morning (as in a challenge with some friends to try to lose 3% bodyweight in 4 weeks (6.3lb's for me) and had a huge loss of 0.4lb lol

List as of 26th July

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 12.75lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 21.8lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 34.5lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 5lbs
CatA - pledged 57lbs - lost 1.8lbs
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.25lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 32lbs
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs????
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 10.8lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs
Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 14lbs
Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs
MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 32.5lbs
Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs

Yup. MIND in Croydon actually do a lot of good work though so I am looking forward to it. I will be the Information Officer in charge of design work, databases, keeping all information up to date and sending out when requested via phone, email website etc. Plus keeping websites updated and helping the HR Manager with that side of business.

I weighed this morning (as in a challenge with some friends to try to lose 3% bodyweight in 4 weeks (6.3lb's for me) and had a huge loss of 0.4lb lol
Well at least it's in the right direction!

Thank you! :D
I think SW made it finally hit home how much I have to lose.
I told a friend my start weight today and she was really shocked. She said I didn't look nearly 26 stone at the beginning haha.
Also she barely recognised me today which REALLY made my day. :D

can I be updated to 34.5lbs please? :D Got SOTM as well! So happy!

Well done that is great,the weight is dropping off you!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a sts when I weigh in tomorrow,food has been a bit all over the show and the last four days have been far from ideal.think I need to go back to making juices (as well as food) as my energy just feels non existent atm and I'm exhausted all the time which just leads to more eating crap!

Back