2014 weight loss challenge

Bugger it, just eaten too many matchmakers and too many celebrations! Feel crap. For 10 seconds of pleasure now I feel gutted for giving in to temptation!!! Why did I have to do that!!??!?

Don't beat yourself up over it. But....GOD! I love matchmakers too!! Mint or orange?! I realise I'm not helping but I'm living my fantasy through this.....NOM!

Glad to see so many people using the thread and doing well. Ive had a really rough few weeks and have used food as a comfort. Need to find a way to deal with my emotions without snacking on crap. I'll weigh myself tomorrow but I'm not hopeful.

Well done everyone xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Glad to see so many people using the thread and doing well. Ive had a really rough few weeks and have used food as a comfort. Need to find a way to deal with my emotions without snacking on crap. I'll weigh myself tomorrow but I'm not hopeful. Well done everyone xx Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Awwww I'm sorry to hear that :-( I'm the same with food, I'm an emotional eater. Good plan to weigh yourself though, do that then draw a line under it so any damage is limited. Sometimes when I comfort eat I won't weigh and then I just keep eating and what would have been a bad few days turns into a bad six months which is what happened to me to get me where I am at the minute, and my weight is coming off really slowly this time so it just wasn't worth it for me :-(

Hi cans1983 - I think many of us have had lots of rough phases - and turned to food.

I guess if we knew how to deal with our emotions we wouldn't use this site - but try to keep with it and keep reading/posting here.

Let us know get on with your WI - if it's bad news - try not to binge (says me when that's usually what I do!).

Would planning a week's worth of meals/snacks that you love then do the shopping so you've got loads in - then make a nice meal and read lots of the posts here help?? Good luck - I'm sure everyone is rooting for you.

Hi - just reporting my WI I lost 3.5lbs in my 2nd week - that 7.5 in total so I'm pleased - but I have had an emotional week cos I've been busy clearing out my late mother's home and found it difficult to prepare food as per Slimming World's plan.

BUT I've not binged which is what I probably would have done in the past - as I saw myself either ON the diet of the moment or totally OFF when I ate with gay abandon!

I'm trying to train myself to view SW as my healthy eating plan for life - but as they say goes 1 day at a time.......

Well done everyone who's lost this week and chin up for those who've not - we've all been there or we wouldn't be here hey?!

Hi - just reporting my WI I lost 3.5lbs in my 2nd week - that 7.5 in total so I'm pleased - but I have had an emotional week cos I've been busy clearing out my late mother's home and found it difficult to prepare food as per Slimming World's plan.

BUT I've not binged which is what I probably would have done in the past - as I saw myself either ON the diet of the moment or totally OFF when I ate with gay abandon!

I'm trying to train myself to view SW as my healthy eating plan for life - but as they say goes 1 day at a time.......

Well done everyone who's lost this week and chin up for those who've not - we've all been there or we wouldn't be here hey?!
well done a great loss x x

Cans1983 - pledged - 60lbs - lost 0lbs Autumn500-pledged-42lbs - lost 3lbs Rosielea-pledged-21lbs - lost 0lbs kidston87-pledged-21lbs - lost 0lbs chezz-pledged-70lbs - lost 7lbs loulou83-pledged-35lbs - lost 5lbs Joanne-pledged-70lbs - lost 4lbs Ellaye-pledged-125lbs - lost 13lbs Y2014-pledged-70lbs - lost 0lbs Missa-pledged-38lbs - lost 2.5lbs littlered81-pledged- 55lbs - lost 0lbs emma30-pledged-51lbs - lost 9lb Chelleb79-pledged-100lbs- lost 7lbs Agnessa162-pledged-60lbs - lost 0lbs littlemissnaughty-pledged - 45lbs - lost 10lbs Polyanna-pledged-28lbs - lost 6lbs HEmam-pledged-89lbs - lost 10lbs Saruk88-pledged-75lbs - lost 0lbs besneys-pledged-27lbs - lost 0lbs Choppysocks-pledged - 23lbs - lost 0lbs Lauralozzle-pledged - 24lbs - lost 0.6lbs Upndown -pledged-40lbs - lost 4lbs Renson -pledged-20kg - lost 0kg Back2me2014-pledged - 42lbs - lost 6lbs Becky1993-pledged- 30lbs - lost 0lbs Jo_kate -pledged-84 lbs - lost 1.5lbs newme763 -pledged-19 lbs - lost 3lbs dotty_dotty-pledged - 28lbs - lost 0lbs MadMax -pledged-28lbs - lost 1.5lbs Newniki2013-pledged - 91lbs - lost 2.75lbs cf70 -pledged-42lbs - lost 6lbs Ria. -pledged-26lbs - lost 2lbs Alderica -pledged-80lbs - lost 1.5lbs bubble77 -pledged- 40lbs - lost 4lbs CatA - pledged-47lbs - lost 2.6lbs happy&healthy-pledged -70lbs - lost 0lbs scouzer -pledged-35lbs - lost 3lbs Miller2 -pledged-62.5lbs - lost 0lbs EaterAnonymous -pledged-45lbs - lost 0lbs sarahwhite7540 -pledged -50lbs - lost 0lbs Rachfit - pledged- 15lbs - lost 0lbs K8JoeAlf - pledged- 42lb - lost 4lb Nadine Bowen -pledged -56lb- lost 2lb MissGiggle -pledged - 76lb- lost 0lb Spiny Norman - pledged - 50lb - lost 9lbs - Sezkamcc - pledged 100lbs

Have tried to update this on my phone, hope it works!

Hey upndown.

Thanks fpr your words. It is a struggle for us all with comfort eating. Well done on your weight loss. You have done great. Weighed myself this morning and down 2lbs I have no idea how. Must be the gym work as my eating hasn't been great. But im taking it and moving forward with yhe attitude of what could I have done if I hadn't eaten all that junk xxx

Well done on all the latest losses coming in !
Don't stress over the matchmakers Hun ! It's a new day today !i had a wee blow out last night on kit kats (oops) but I used my WW weekly points so am still on plan - phew !! Normal business resumed this morning :)
Spiny Norman you're so funny !

Well done upndown and Cans, great losses today, all the good work is paying off and you're that much closer to target now.

Well after my little blow out last night and feeling so depressed about it (why do I do it!) I'm back on track today and feeling strong. Going to try and harness that bad feeling after binging to try and stop the binge beforehand...but that is a hell of a lot eaiser said than it done.

I also need to realise that when it says 4 matchmakers for 72 calories....I'm never going to just eat 4!! :eek:

Anyway, we're half way through the month so all of you with monthly targets, keep focused and we'll be sure to have a really positive start on our 2014 weight loss journey. I really want to lose a stone in January so I need to FOCUS!

Hey upndown.

Thanks fpr your words. It is a struggle for us all with comfort eating. Well done on your weight loss. You have done great. Weighed myself this morning and down 2lbs I have no idea how. Must be the gym work as my eating hasn't been great. But im taking it and moving forward with yhe attitude of what could I have done if I hadn't eaten all that junk xxx

well done on your loss x

Hey chelle. Always hard to just eat 4 I think that myself and end up eating so much more. No clue how I lost weight but has put me in a positive frame of mind to what I can achieve. Good luck to you for this months target xx

Just checking in and I've lost one this week, I walked more and didn't eat any more Christmas food...as there is none left thank goodness.

Anne x

Cans1983 - pledged - 60lbs - lost 0lbs Autumn500-pledged-42lbs - lost 3lbs
Rosielea-pledged-21lbs - lost 0lbs
kidston87-pledged-21lbs - lost 0lbs
chezz-pledged-70lbs - lost 7lbs
loulou83-pledged-35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne-pledged-70lbs - lost 4lbs
Ellaye-pledged-125lbs - lost 13lbs
Y2014-pledged-70lbs - lost 0lbs
Missa-pledged-38lbs - lost 2.5lbs
littlered81-pledged- 55lbs - lost 0lbs
emma30-pledged-51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79-pledged-100lbs- lost 7lbs Agnessa162-pledged-60lbs - lost 0lbs littlemissnaughty-pledged - 45lbs - lost 10lbs Polyanna-pledged-28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam-pledged-89lbs - lost 10lbs
Saruk88-pledged-75lbs - lost 0lbs
besneys-pledged-27lbs - lost 0lbs
Choppysocks-pledged - 23lbs - lost 0lbs Lauralozzle-pledged - 24lbs - lost 0.6lbs Upndown -pledged-40lbs - lost 4lbs
Renson -pledged-20kg - lost 0kg
Back2me2014-pledged - 42lbs - lost 6lbs Becky1993-pledged- 30lbs - lost 0lbs
Jo_kate -pledged-84 lbs - lost 1.5lbs
newme763 -pledged-19 lbs - lost 3lbs dotty_dotty-pledged - 28lbs - lost 0lbs
MadMax -pledged-28lbs - lost 1.5lbs Newniki2013-pledged - 91lbs - lost 2.75lbs
cf70 -pledged-42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. -pledged-26lbs - lost 2lbs
Alderica -pledged-80lbs - lost 1.5lbs
bubble77 -pledged- 40lbs - lost 4lbs
CatA - pledged-47lbs - lost 2.6lbs happy&healthy-pledged -70lbs - lost 0lbs scouzer -pledged-35lbs - lost 3lbs
Miller2 -pledged-62.5lbs - lost 0lbs EaterAnonymous -pledged-45lbs - lost 0lbs sarahwhite7540 -pledged -50lbs - lost 0lbs Rachfit - pledged- 15lbs - lost 7.6lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged- 42lb - lost 4lb
Nadine Bowen -pledged -56lb- lost 2lb MissGiggle -pledged - 76lb- lost 0lb
Spiny Norman - pledged - 50lb - lost 9lbs - Sezkamcc - pledged 100lbs

As of today I've lost 7.6 pounds since new years! Good job to everyone, these are some amazing losses. For those who are struggling, I actually had a slip last night, and ended up eating 2 truffles and a whole bag of grapes. By end, the grapes filled me up so much I could barely move, but I had no room for anything else. Surprisingly, I didn't gain weight this morning! So my tip is, if you need to binge, binge on healthier, water-dense things like grapes. (even better: frozen grapes - yum)

Well done everyone on your losses :):)

What a poxy day got called out the office, no decent food as the team went to mcdonalds! Had the whole poxy day on 6 nuggets... Can anyone tell me the pro points value of a human arm as I've started gnawing on it already.....

Ah ha ha ha, Spiny!!! mine is a chunky arm, so probs quite a lot!! lol xx Well done on not eating more though, I am not sure I would have resisted the temptation xx

Back