2014 weight loss challenge

I've come on here to chat as I was sooooo close to really pigging out! I had an apple and a WW biscuit instead but I really want to EAT! Dinner in 2 hrs I will try hard to resist !

WOW - well done the willpower's kicking in - cd do with some myself at the moment - don't really fancy me tea but cd eat anything sugary!!

Hi - good to hear ur feeling more positive - I like a long detailed post - they help me!!

I had peep at ur stats and see u've set urself a really low target - of course only u know that figure - but wd it be worth setting a temporary target a bit higher...

...and seeing how u feel when u get to the temp target?

If you wanted to - you could still aim for the same average weight loss to get you to ur 8st 9 goal at the same date.

Just a suggestion to take the pressure off a bit - cos I find when I'm under pressure weight wise I kinda rebel against myself and do a lot of damage (nuts I know!)

I've just read that back and wonder if it'll make sense to you but can't think how to make it clearer - just shout if you don't understand me!!

Hiya :) I'm a wee bit confused, do you mean change my target, like for example 9st 9 by the date I had originally set for 8.9 or do you mean mini targets so it doesn't seem so intense? My problem is I've been overweight my whole adult life so not too sure what I will look like at that weight, but I have been 9st 9 before and still felt heavy. I'm lost as to what to do, I'm scared of making too easy a target in case I get complacent and think, sod it, I've loads of time to get there. If you know what I mean?

After being so positive I ended up with a Chinese for dinner as I was doubled in two with hunger pangs. If I was reading this post I'd be thinking whoever wrote it was just a stupid cow who didn't deserve it, but I'm feeling positive and am going to sit and meal plan for the week, so whilst I'm eating bad tonight, I'm feeling motivated

I've come on here to chat as I was sooooo close to really pigging out! I had an apple and a WW biscuit instead but I really want to EAT! Dinner in 2 hrs I will try hard to resist !

Why can can I not have that sort of self control?!! Well done!!

Whilst I was bad with my Chinese, I got a smaller portion than normal and left a quarter of it. Plus it was so spicy il definitely get my weekly water quota drank!

Hi all, I would love to join this.....sorry I'm so late. Started back at SW at the beginning of Jan. Updated myself below.

Cans1983 - pledged - 60lbs - lost 0lbs
Autumn500-pledged-42lbs- lost 5.75lbs
Rosielea-pledged-21lbs - lost 1lbs
kidston87-pledged-21lbs - lost 0lbs
chezz-pledged-70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83-pledged-35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne-pledged-70lbs - lost 11lbs
Ellaye-pledged-125lbs - lost 13lbs
Y2014-pledged-70lbs - lost 0lbs
Missa-pledged-38lbs - lost 5lbs
littlered81-pledged- 55lbs - lost 0lbs
emma30-pledged-51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79-pledged-100lbs-lost 13lbs
Agnessa162-pledged-60lbs - lost 0lbs
littlemissnaughty-pledged-45lbs - lost 14lbs
Polyanna-pledged-28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam-pledged-89lbs - lost 13lbs
Saruk88-pledged-75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys-pledged-27lbs - lost 2lbs
Choppysocks-pledged - 23lbs - lost 0lbs
Lauralozzle-pledged - 24lbs - lost 2lbs
Upndown-pledged-40lbs - lost 10.5lbs
Renson-pledged-20kg - lost 0kg
Back2me2014-pledged- 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Becky1993-pledged-30lbs - lost 0lbs
Jo_kate-pledged-84lbs - lost 2.5lbs
newme763-pledged-19lbs - lost 5lbs
dotty_dotty-pledged- 28lbs - lost 0lbs
MadMax-pledged-28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013-pledged- 91lbs - lost 8.75lb
cf70-pledged-42lbs- lost 6lbs
Ria.-pledged-26lbs- lost 5lbs
Alderica-pledged-80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77-pledged-40lbs - lost 10lbs
CatA-pledged-47lbs - lost 3.6lbs
happy&healthy-pledged -70lbs - lost 0lbs
scouzer -pledged-35lbs - lost 3lbs
Miller2 -pledged-62.5lbs - lost 0lbs
EaterAnonymous -pledged-45lbs - lost 0lbs
sarahwhite7540 -pledged -50lbs - lost 0lbs
Rachfit - pledged- 15lbs - lost 0lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged- 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen -pledged -56lb- lost 6.5lbs
MissGiggle -pledged - 76lb- lost 0lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged - 50lb - lost 9lbs
sezkamcc - pledged - 100lb - lost 0lbs
fat2go - pledged - 115lb - lost 24.5lbs
eviescott - pledged - 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
mumtolily -pledged - 20lb - lost lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged - 50 lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 9lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 9lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb lost 9lb
Soysara - pledged 30lb lost 0lb
Moko Thorn- pledged 40lb lost 0lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb lost 3lbs
Anewme2013- pledged-24lb-lost-0lb
latinainglesa - pledged-70lb-lost-11lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 13lbs

Autumn500-pledged-42lbs- lost 4.25lbs

updated to include my gain,boooo lol

welcome tweetypie, well done on your loss so far!

Hiya :) I'm a wee bit confused, do you mean change my target, like for example 9st 9 by the date I had originally set for 8.9 or do you mean mini targets so it doesn't seem so intense? My problem is I've been overweight my whole adult life so not too sure what I will look like at that weight, but I have been 9st 9 before and still felt heavy. I'm lost as to what to do, I'm scared of making too easy a target in case I get complacent and think, sod it, I've loads of time to get there. If you know what I mean?

After being so positive I ended up with a Chinese for dinner as I was doubled in two with hunger pangs. If I was reading this post I'd be thinking whoever wrote it was just a stupid cow who didn't deserve it, but I'm feeling positive and am going to sit and meal plan for the week, so whilst I'm eating bad tonight, I'm feeling motivated

Firstly, absolutely no need to call urself names here for not sticking to the plan - ur audience (esp urs truly) been there and got the (large) t-shirt!!

Whilst I'm sure we want everyone to lose their weight each week without any blips - it's also helpful (in the nicest poss way) to read posts where members are struggling - it shows us that we're all in the same boat - and that we're not as useless as we sometimes feel and when others post with suggestions etc we can all learn from them.

I think u've done the right thing to write ur Chinese off and plan for next week - what else can you do realistically??

Knew I'd not explained myself so I'll try again - I was trying to take the pressure off you to reduce the amount you have to lose cos as you say we've been overweight for a while it's difficult to know where to set our target - partic as we get older.

I was suggesting that u set a temp target a little higher than ur 8st 9 - say 9st 9 or whatever feels right for you.

Then I suggested a couple of options:

1. To aim to lose 1.1 lbs a week so that when u get to ur temp target - if u feel u need to lose more - u cd still get to 8st 9 (or the weight ur happy with) in ur original timescale.

2. This one is kinder to u I think - but may not be sufficiently motivating for u?

That you do the best u can to get to the temp target without the pressure of a timescale - then when u get there decide if ur ready to maintain or lose a bit more.

Hope that's clearer?? Again give me a shout if not!!

You know what works for u - it's only an idea - based on my track record of setting tough targets and rebelling against myself when my plans don't come to fruition!

Good luck with whatever u decide - keep posting and we'll all be here to support you.

Firstly, absolutely no need to call urself names here for not sticking to the plan - ur audience (esp urs truly) been there and got the (large) t-shirt!! Whilst I'm sure we want everyone to lose their weight each week without any blips - it's also helpful (in the nicest poss way) to read posts where members are struggling - it shows us that we're all in the same boat - and that we're not as useless as we sometimes feel and when others post with suggestions etc we can all learn from them. I think u've done the right thing to write ur Chinese off and plan for next week - what else can you do realistically?? Knew I'd not explained myself so I'll try again - I was trying to take the pressure off you to reduce the amount you have to lose cos as you say we've been overweight for a while it's difficult to know where to set our target - partic as we get older. I was suggesting that u set a temp target a little higher than ur 8st 9 - say 9st 9 or whatever feels right for you. Then I suggested a couple of options: 1. To aim to lose 1.1 lbs a week so that when u get to ur temp target - if u feel u need to lose more - u cd still get to 8st 9 (or the weight ur happy with) in ur original timescale. 2. This one is kinder to u I think - but may not be sufficiently motivating for u? That you do the best u can to get to the temp target without the pressure of a timescale - then when u get there decide if ur ready to maintain or lose a bit more. Hope that's clearer?? Again give me a shout if not!! You know what works for u - it's only an idea - based on my track record of setting tough targets and rebelling against myself when my plans don't come to fruition! Good luck with whatever u decide - keep posting and we'll all be here to support you.

Awwwwww that was such a lovely message, thank you so much for that :)

I have included my Chinese in my weeklies for weightwatchers, and as I'm off work until Wednesday, I should be able to deal with that, so technically I am still on plan, woohoo! Oh bought me a big bar of galaxy but it's currently in hiding and I will ration it for myself :)

Ahhhhhh totally understand you now! I think you explained yourself well but I was just getting confused! I think I might go for the first option, and reassess once I get to 9st 9. So I will stile aiming for 1.1 a week, but not have as much to lose. If I don't have any sort of timescale, I find that I don't end up sticking to anything at all, so it's nice to have an end date in mind, especially when it's a realistic one(obv I'd love to lose a stone in a month but life doesn't work out like that lol)

I've really appreciated being able to post here-I wasn't going to mention the Chinese because I was embarrassed, but now I have, I'm more content, whereas if I was 'hiding' it I would have felt I had something to be guilty about and probably would have eaten way more!

I agree with what you saying about it being lovely seeing people do well, but equally it's nice to have people who are struggling, so you know you aren't alone with the whole thing. It's so nice having that support :)

Awwwwww that was such a lovely message, thank you so much for that :)

I have included my Chinese in my weeklies for weightwatchers, and as I'm off work until Wednesday, I should be able to deal with that, so technically I am still on plan, woohoo! Oh bought me a big bar of galaxy but it's currently in hiding and I will ration it for myself :)

Ahhhhhh totally understand you now! I think you explained yourself well but I was just getting confused! I think I might go for the first option, and reassess once I get to 9st 9. So I will stile aiming for 1.1 a week, but not have as much to lose. If I don't have any sort of timescale, I find that I don't end up sticking to anything at all, so it's nice to have an end date in mind, especially when it's a realistic one(obv I'd love to lose a stone in a month but life doesn't work out like that lol)

I've really appreciated being able to post here-I wasn't going to mention the Chinese because I was embarrassed, but now I have, I'm more content, whereas if I was 'hiding' it I would have felt I had something to be guilty about and probably would have eaten way more!

I agree with what you saying about it being lovely seeing people do well, but equally it's nice to have people who are struggling, so you know you aren't alone with the whole thing. It's so nice having that support :)

Glad u've eased the pressure on urself - and 1.1lbs a wk is doable (says me who's put 2 on this wk!) so good luck and keep posting.

I know exactly what u mean about confessing - I was embarrassed at first but like you I felt deceitful by not owning up - and it's good for the soul isn't it??

Hope everyone has a good day 2moro and Autumn you go careful on the Galaxy - I have to give anything like that to my hubby to issue is 'safe' amounts - how sad is that??

Glad u've eased the pressure on urself - and 1.1lbs a wk is doable (says me who's put 2 on this wk!) so good luck and keep posting. I know exactly what u mean about confessing - I was embarrassed at first but like you I felt deceitful by not owning up - and it's good for the soul isn't it?? Hope everyone has a good day 2moro and Autumn you go careful on the Galaxy - I have to give anything like that to my hubby to issue is 'safe' amounts - how sad is that??

Yeah it's doable so long as I can nip it in the bud, which I hope to do :) it's def good for the soul ( I accidentally typed food instead of good there, talk about being obsessed!) I'm proud that my oh was munching galaxy and I didn't have any, we will see how long that lasts! I'm the same with stuff like that, although I start pestering and he gives in for a quiet life lol

I've lost 3lb this week, Woop woop!! I'm certainly liking those numbers!

I've updated the stats with my loss :)

Jo_kate-pledged-84lbs - lost 5lbs

Upndown - love your wise words and autumn - be kinder to yourself. You're not stupid and you
DO have self control otherwise you would've gone bananas on the Chinese food ! I saved myself 6 weeklies last night by falling out with the husband and going to bed early lmao ! Xxx

3lbs off for me this week. Well done to everyone this week on great losses.

I've updated my name on here :mad:)

Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 12lb

Upndown - love your wise words and autumn - be kinder to yourself. You're not stupid and you DO have self control otherwise you would've gone bananas on the Chinese food ! I saved myself 6 weeklies last night by falling out with the husband and going to bed early lmao ! Xxx

Hahaha I love that, I tend to go the other way and eat out of rage when me and oh fall out lol

Hi all, I would love to join this.....sorry I'm so late. Started back at SW at the beginning of Jan. Updated myself below.

Autumn500-pledged-42lbs- lost 5.75lbs

welcome and good luck on ur weight loss journey

Right, as of tomorrow morning I am back on it 100%

I have just put pics in my diary that make me go *puke* to remind me why I want to lose weight! lol

After a week of naughtiness I weighed this morning and was surprised to find I only gained just over 2lb..miracle!

So now back to square one and added new target below which actually only works out to 1.6lb's more than I had to lose originally..phew!

Still going to aim for mini target of 20lb by Easter but as not long left I will see how first couple of diet weeks pan out first before changing it just in case I get good losses that might make it possible.

Cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 0lbs
Autumn500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 4.25lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
kidston87 - pledged 21lbs - lost 0lbs
chezz -pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 11lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Y2014 - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs
Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs
littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
Agnessa162 - pledged 60lbs - lost 0lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 14lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 13lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Choppysocks - pledged 23lbs - lost 0lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 2lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 10.5lbs
Renson - pledged 20kg - lost 0kg
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Becky1993 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 5lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 5lbs
dotty_dotty - pledged 28lbs - lost 0lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 8.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 10lbs
CatA - pledged 48.6lbs - lost 0lbs
happy&healthy - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
Miller2 - pledged 62.5lbs - lost 0lbs
EaterAnonymous - pledged 45lbs - lost 0lbs
sarahwhite7540 - pledged 50lbs - lost 0lbs
Rachfit - pledged 15lbs - lost 0lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 6.5lbs
MissGiggle - pledged 76lb - lost 0lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
sezkamcc - pledged 100lb - lost 0lbs
fat2go - pledged 115lb - lost 24.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
mumtolily - pledged 20lb - lost lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50 lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged 60lb - lost 3lbs
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
Soysara - pledged 30lb - lost 0lb
Moko Thorn- pledged 40lb - lost 0lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 3lbs
Anewme2013 - pledged 24lb - lost 0lb
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 11lbs

Last edited:
Right, as of tomorrow morning I am back on it 100%

I have just put pics in my diary that make me go *puke* to remind me why I want to lose weight! lol

After a week of naughtiness I weighed this morning and was surprised to find I only gained just over 2lb..miracle!

So now back to square one and added new target below which actually only works out to 1.6lb's more than I had to lose originally..phew!

Still going to aim for mini target of 20lb by Easter but as not long left I will see how first couple of diet weeks pan out first before changing it just in case I get good losses that might make it possible.

CatA-pledged-48.6lbs - lost 0lbs

Don't be too hard on urself - but good that ur positive for next wk - I put on 2 this wk as well so snap!

Back