2014 weight loss challenge

I'm so sorry I didn't notice your post, I never notice when people add onto he end of the list, I'm so sorry, I just continued talking away to you and didn't even acknowledge it, major congrats, 3lb is such a boost!

Hope u get the numbers ur looking for on the scales 2moro - good luck!

Hi please can I join? I'm following weight watchers and I have 24 lbs to lose
Starting weight 142.75 lbs

We!lcome and well done on ur achievements so far!

I sts this week which is good given that I wasn't great food wise,bt you know the drill,its stilldisappointing lol.any motivation seems to be flying out the window,I'm not sure how to get it back and I seem tobe flitting fromplan to plan,icant seem to find one that I enjoy and can stick to at the same time.like most people here I have a crap relationship with food and sometimes dieting makes it worse,but then at the same time if I'm not conscious of what I'm eating at least some of the time then I'll eat everything lol

End ramble!

Stayed the same so no loss for me this week . I was away the weekend so happy I've maintained in the past I would of gained 1/2 stone ! Hope I get a loss at next weigh in (Thursday ) as I'm away next weekend and its B and B plus evening meal and I like to get my monies worth :) so will prepare for a gain then get back on plan . Have a good week every one x

I sts this week which is good given that I wasn't great food wise,bt you know the drill,its stilldisappointing lol.any motivation seems to be flying out the window,I'm not sure how to get it back and I seem tobe flitting fromplan to plan,icant seem to find one that I enjoy and can stick to at the same time.like most people here I have a crap relationship with food and sometimes dieting makes it worse,but then at the same time if I'm not conscious of what I'm eating at least some of the time then I'll eat everything lol

End ramble!

A sts is better than a gain any day of the week - so u pulled back after the weekend then?

I think the day someone comes up with a diet that sorts our head out - they'll become a millionaire overnight!

I've been where u are now lots of times (& sadly will prob be there again) and thought - right I can't stick to any diet so what is it that I want to eat? So I'd have a few days of bingeing then even got sick of that - then thought I'd just eat what 'normal' ppl do - eat 3 meals a day with snacks if I was hungry - but wasn't even happy or consistent with that!!

Wd it be worth having a talk with urself and seeing if u can find out what u want to eat and find a diet that wd suit that - I can't think of anything else to help - but there's loads of clever ppl on here so hope someone can suggest something. Make sure u keep posting here tho' - we'd miss u if u didn't!

Hi and welcome to this lovely thread, you will get loads of support here :)

End ramble!

Sorry you didn't get the loss you wanted Autumn, it is disappointing when we sts. Not as bad as a gain but I know how you feel. It is so hard when we lose the motivation, I've been like that for years lately until something just clicked a couple of weeks ago, don't know why and don't know how long it will last but I'm sending you some good vibes to get that motivation going again, in case it helps. Have you got any hols or anything planned this year? The summer is not far away and that can sometimes spur us on a little. Do you do a diary on here? I find that really great for wanting to do well each week. It is hard when we're having to restrict ourselves and sometimes it makes us just want to say sod it and eat everything in sight doesn't it? Here's hoping you can get back on track again and feel happy about it xx

Stayed the same so no loss for me this week . I was away the weekend so happy I've maintained in the past I would of gained 1/2 stone ! Hope I get a loss at next weigh in (Thursday ) as I'm away next weekend and its B and B plus evening meal and I like to get my monies worth :) so will prepare for a gain then get back on plan . Have a good week every one x

Not a bad result then really if you had a good weekend. Hope you get that loss next Thursday so you can enjoy your break away. We all need one of those now and again from worrying about what we're eating. Enjoy!

I think I am in for a shockingly big gain this week *DOH*

Been sooooo bad with TOTM. Totally lost control. Roll on weekend when I see damage and can start afresh and strict without the hormones cocking me up! lol

A sts is better than a gain any day of the week - so u pulled back after the weekend then?

I think the day someone comes up with a diet that sorts our head out - they'll become a millionaire overnight!

I've been where u are now lots of times (& sadly will prob be there again) and thought - right I can't stick to any diet so what is it that I want to eat? So I'd have a few days of bingeing then even got sick of that - then thought I'd just eat what 'normal' ppl do - eat 3 meals a day with snacks if I was hungry - but wasn't even happy or consistent with that!!

Wd it be worth having a talk with urself and seeing if u can find out what u want to eat and find a diet that wd suit that - I can't think of anything else to help - but there's loads of clever ppl on here so hope someone can suggest something. Make sure u keep posting here tho' - we'd miss u if u didn't!

agreed a sts is better than a gain, and i ate quite bad some days so should def be grateful for it, i just need to get my mindset sorted-i like eating a variety of food, its the restriction that bothers me-as soon as i know i have to restrict something then it makes me want to rebel lol, its so frustrating. hopefully i'll get my head sorted-these threads are great and i really think its helped me not go crazy and gain big time.
Hi and welcome to this lovely thread, you will get loads of support here :)

Sorry you didn't get the loss you wanted Autumn, it is disappointing when we sts. Not as bad as a gain but I know how you feel. It is so hard when we lose the motivation, I've been like that for years lately until something just clicked a couple of weeks ago, don't know why and don't know how long it will last but I'm sending you some good vibes to get that motivation going again, in case it helps. Have you got any hols or anything planned this year? The summer is not far away and that can sometimes spur us on a little. Do you do a diary on here? I find that really great for wanting to do well each week. It is hard when we're having to restrict ourselves and sometimes it makes us just want to say sod it and eat everything in sight doesn't it? Here's hoping you can get back on track again and feel happy about it xx

Not a bad result then really if you had a good weekend. Hope you get that loss next Thursday so you can enjoy your break away. We all need one of those now and again from worrying about what we're eating. Enjoy!

i am going to edinburgh in june for a few days. to be honest i don't know why i'm not motivated, i'm not happy with how i look and i don't suit the extra weight, and i keep comparing to other people and feeling miserable, so i don't know why i'm just not going for it-im actually boring myself with the indecisiveness over the whole thing lol

I think I am in for a shockingly big gain this week *DOH*

Been sooooo bad with TOTM. Totally lost control. Roll on weekend when I see damage and can start afresh and strict without the hormones cocking me up! lol

bloody hormones are a pain in the neck!!!!

to be honest i don't know why i'm not motivated, i'm not happy with how i look and i don't suit the extra weight, and i keep comparing to other people and feeling miserable, so i don't know why i'm just not going for it-im actually boring myself with the indecisiveness over the whole thing lol

This is exactly how I felt a month ago before it just randomly clicked overnight. I hate being in that frame of mind, praying once the hormones bugger off I am not back in it either as a week ago I was doing well and so motivated! lol

Maybe you should try a different diet for a little bit...sometimes the excitement for meal planning on a new plan was enough to get me going again.

That's actually why I ended up on SlimFast originally. I did Slimming World for so long and kept cheating as I was in same place you are now. And when I did go back to being 100% good bugger all happened as I was already following the plan with cheats on top so no drastic change to jump start losses again and it knocked me straight back down into that mood.

SlimFast was too strict for me after first couple of weeks though (first two weeks I lost 6lb then 3.5lb!) so I use the shakes for brekkie and lunch and calorie count to make up 1200 cals as I need to nibble often or I binge.

This is exactly how I felt a month ago before it just randomly clicked overnight. I hate being in that frame of mind, praying once the hormones bugger off I am not back in it either as a week ago I was doing well and so motivated! lol

Maybe you should try a different diet for a little bit...sometimes the excitement for meal planning on a new plan was enough to get me going again.

That's actually why I ended up on SlimFast originally. I did Slimming World for so long and kept cheating as I was in same place you are now. And when I did go back to being 100% good bugger all happened as I was already following the plan with cheats on top so no drastic change to jump start losses again and it knocked me straight back down into that mood.

SlimFast was too strict for me after first couple of weeks though (first two weeks I lost 6lb then 3.5lb!) so I use the shakes for brekkie and lunch and calorie count to make up 1200 cals as I need to nibble often or I binge.

Well said Cat - if only we cd switch a button to get motivated! Hope u can get back into it next week!

agreed a sts is better than a gain, and i ate quite bad some days so should def be grateful for it, i just need to get my mindset sorted-i like eating a variety of food, its the restriction that bothers me-as soon as i know i have to restrict something then it makes me want to rebel lol, its so frustrating. hopefully i'll get my head sorted-these threads are great and i really think its helped me not go crazy and gain big time.

i am going to edinburgh in june for a few days. to be honest i don't know why i'm not motivated, i'm not happy with how i look and i don't suit the extra weight, and i keep comparing to other people and feeling miserable, so i don't know why i'm just not going for it-im actually boring myself with the indecisiveness over the whole thing lol

bloody hormones are a pain in the neck!!!!

don't fret about boring us - u listen carefully to us and respond in a caring way to our stuff - I think we learn a lot from others on here - and it all helps us to understand more about our attitude to food, get ideas for meals/snacks and helps us realise that we're not the only ones thinking and doing weird stuff etc etc..........

I think (and hope) that if u keep posting here whilst ur struggling - the motivation will come back - do u think at the back of ur mind that it wasn't worth bothering to diet until u get back from Edinburgh? Who am I to say - I don't even know why I do what I do lol!

Have a good time there it's a great city!

fingers crossed your motivation is still there when your hormones sort themselves out!

im tempted to try slimming world again, I previously did extra easy but really struggled with the third superfree so I'm tempted to try red and green days if I can get my head around it(I'd just be doing it using this site). I agree that the excitement of a new food plan can sometimes really help. Congrats on the slimfast losses! I actually bought a few of the tesco version today but I doubt I could ever stick to it cos I was starving and that was with me eating other stuff too lol

don't fret about boring us - u listen carefully to us and respond in a caring way to our stuff - I think we learn a lot from others on here - and it all helps us to understand more about our attitude to food, get ideas for meals/snacks and helps us realise that we're not the only ones thinking and doing weird stuff etc etc..........

I think (and hope) that if u keep posting here whilst ur struggling - the motivation will come back - do u think at the back of ur mind that it wasn't worth bothering to diet until u get back from Edinburgh? Who am I to say - I don't even know why I do what I do lol!

Have a good time there it's a great city!

awww you always say the nicest things, thank you!i really think the motivation will come back at some point, it's just waiting! I'm not sure what my problem is, I'm just being lazy lol. I'm intrigued by slimming world as I said to cat in another post-how do you find it, do you ever do red and green days? I think if anything I really want to lose weight for edinburgh, and the nicer weather in general so that I can feel comfy wearing lighter clothing etc- I have wore a dress a few times this week but didn't feel good at all about myself, so I definitely want to lose some weight by the summer.

im now 2pound behind schedule for target,but the one thing I'm proud of is even when I've eaten crap food etc. I haven't been having crazy binges that last for days and pile the weight on-my food choices haven't always been good but I have managed to do damage limitation, so at least there's a bit of positivity lol

See autumn, you've made good choices when you could've went nuts so you're doing better than giving yourself credit for. I loved doing Slimming World- I absolutely loved all the recipes and the "free" food wAs amazing ! But after losing 17lb I just stuck and my weight didn't budge despite religiously sticking to the plan ! That's when I went back to WW. I know slimming world works fab for many - if you're considering it I'd say go for it. I think shaking things up a bit can work wonders for renewing your motivation as well x

Aww thanks newme :) I'm glad im noticing the wee things that are going well despite the weight not moving much lol. Did you do extra easy or red and green when you did sw? I think in your situation where you were sticking to plan and the weight wasn't moving, it's def for the best to switch it up a bit. I found sw relatively easy but the weight wasn't moving much but as I say I think that was because I was doing ee and not eating enough superfree. Shaking things up def helps the motivation, I love the excitement of the first few days on a new diet where you get really obsessed lol (how sad is that lol)

awww you always say the nicest things, thank you!i really think the motivation will come back at some point, it's just waiting! I'm not sure what my problem is, I'm just being lazy lol. I'm intrigued by slimming world as I said to cat in another post-how do you find it, do you ever do red and green days? I think if anything I really want to lose weight for edinburgh, and the nicer weather in general so that I can feel comfy wearing lighter clothing etc- I have wore a dress a few times this week but didn't feel good at all about myself, so I definitely want to lose some weight by the summer.
Well that's a good thing that ur stopping urself from losing it altogether like I have so many times - which brought me to here. And I'm glad ur proud of that - and so u shd be!

I wonder what makes us do it and what makes us stop at some point?

I have done red, green, EE and now Success Express - sometimes I plan it - then other days I just look at what I've eaten and choose the day which gives me the lowest syns - so I'm not the best planner!

Then one day this week I did calorie counting cos I fancied loads of carbs - I think I'm more flexible since I've joined here - cos I get lots of ideas from everyone - like u I need variety or I get bored ....and we all know what happens then!!

Enjoy ur weekend and try not to stress about things - see how u feel next week!

Back