2014 weight loss challenge

Agree with everything I have missed! lol Roll on Dec 2014 when we are all at goal and can scoff xmas food guilt free :) Finally on laptop so adding my measly loss to list. TRIMMED List as of 23rd March - please update the list Autumn500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 9lbs Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 13.6lbs Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 23lbs Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 24.75lbs Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 12lbs CatA - pledged 48.6lbs - lost 4.2lbs scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 8lbs latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 16lbs Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 7lbs Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 3.5lbs Zeke - pledged 53 lbs - lost 9.4 lbs Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 0lbs (3lbs on!) leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs 2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs

Yes, to Christmas 2014!!!! :)

I'm sorting out all my jeans and currently have three piles 1) fit 2) nearly fit 3) nowhere near fit. Pile three is the biggest lol. I remember the day I pulled them out of the roof space and all the small ones fitted me and I was so ecstatic, roll on that day again! I have one pair of jeans that is my nemesis. I fitted into them for a few months at the start of last year, so they are one of my non scale victories that I want to achieve!

Ps CatA it wasn't measly! You did well to do the damage limitation, you should be proud of that!

Right ladies ... I'm just totally skipping WI tmrw! With Darcey's birthday today I've eaten like a , well like a kid at a birthday party lol !! I'm actually considering going back to SW this week for a wee shake up. Can't find my book though - will need to remind myself of the basic guidelines and I should be okay. I'm not able to get to a class. Did it before and did well until it just stopped working.....but...... Sometimes a change just works ! Xxx

Love it :D It's me all over haha! Yes sometimes a change will work, speeds up the metabolism maybe. Good luck Newme!

I think you had a good excuse for enjoying some nice food! I refuse to miss out on special occasions or trips away anymore, I remember a few years ago me and my other half went to portstewart which is a lovely wee seaside town over here, and we should have been enjoying ice cream and fish and chips, but no, we sat with bowls of all bran and strawberrys! I was too obsessive over things, and now I'm just feeling like life is too short to not enjoy special days, so I relax myself a little bit

I am so glad you have posted this Autumn as to be honest, I am getting a little bit obsessed with this diet malarkey :D I didn't enjoy hubby's birthday as much as usual because I was determined to stay completely within my points. Over the next few weeks we have special days coming up (mother's day, son's birthday) and a weekend away then we will be away for the easter hols for two weeks and there was me debating whether to try and either stay on track or maintain but maybe I'm being too tough on myself and should relax a bit! Your post has made me have a rethink cos you're right, life is too short and really, what does it matter if it's takes that little bit longer to get to goal :)

I hope it has made you think a bit sammy because I hate seeing people getting obsessed because I know how it feels, the whole dieting thing can really consume your thoughts and I know it has made me really irrational sometimes. I was at my other halfs parents for dinner today and a while back the thought of that would have made me really anxious because I didn't want to mess up, but at the minute I'm just trying to control my meals that I can, and enjoy the ones I can't, without going completely crazy.im like you, I have stuff coming up the next few weeks. And it's not ideal,but it happens and I think we all need to learn how to deal with things like this because once we reach goal, things are going to crop up, so hopefully if we can deal with it on plan it will make it easier off plan, without going back to old habits. I'm going out to a restaurant for Mother's Day, and so many days I have ordered something I didn't really want, just because it was healthy.but this time I'm going to enjoy it, and just make sensible choices the rest of the week.

I sound quite rational and sensible there, wait til you see me a few weeks down the line when I'm struggling and saying totally different things lol!

Love it :D It's me all over haha! Yes sometimes a change will work, speeds up the metabolism maybe. Good luck Newme!

I am so glad you have posted this Autumn as to be honest, I am getting a little bit obsessed with this diet malarkey :D I didn't enjoy hubby's birthday as much as usual because I was determined to stay completely within my points. Over the next few weeks we have special days coming up (mother's day, son's birthday) and a weekend away then we will be away for the easter hols for two weeks and there was me debating whether to try and either stay on track or maintain but maybe I'm being too tough on myself and should relax a bit! Your post has made me have a rethink cos you're right, life is too short and really, what does it matter if it's takes that little bit longer to get to goal :)

Yes Sammy - I get obsessed sometimes too but it always ends in a binge when I get that way - Autumn's right isn't she - we need to get it into perspective eh?? I hope u can find a balanced way to enjoy all the nice things u have planned.

I hope it has made you think a bit sammy because I hate seeing people getting obsessed because I know how it feels, the whole dieting thing can really consume your thoughts and I know it has made me really irrational sometimes. I was at my other halfs parents for dinner today and a while back the thought of that would have made me really anxious because I didn't want to mess up, but at the minute I'm just trying to control my meals that I can, and enjoy the ones I can't, without going completely crazy.im like you, I have stuff coming up the next few weeks. And it's not ideal,but it happens and I think we all need to learn how to deal with things like this because once we reach goal, things are going to crop up, so hopefully if we can deal with it on plan it will make it easier off plan, without going back to old habits. I'm going out to a restaurant for Mother's Day, and so many days I have ordered something I didn't really want, just because it was healthy.but this time I'm going to enjoy it, and just make sensible choices the rest of the week.

I sound quite rational and sensible there, wait til you see me a few weeks down the line when I'm struggling and saying totally different things lol!

Wise words again - what u say is soooo right but sometimes these things are hard to do for me at least cos my attitude to food has gone a bit wonky over the years!

Mine too Upndown, it's quite depressing! It really does surprise me that there isn't as much support out there for the psychological side of eating/food/weightloss because it's so important. I know they touch on it at slimming group meetings etc but there should be more

Oh you two have summed it up completely for me. I actually thought that I had an eating disorder the way I was going with my attitude to food and even discussed it with my doctor but it has turned out to be terrible eating habits instead, emotional eating really that I never thought I could control in a million years. I was actually at my wits end over it until I started this diet. It's weird but whereas before I would be craving chocolate every evening and could eat it until it was coming out of my ears lol, I am sat here tonight with the 7 Guylian seashells that I can have with my weekly extra points and I'm really not that bothered!! What has happened to me haha! I will have them but things have defo changed!

I agree though, there should be more support for the psychological side of this subject.

Thank god for this wonderful site xx

Sammy I'm glad you said that because I felt the same about the eating disorder thing, like, I wasn't anorexic or bulimic but I had real issues with food and my other half was convinced I had body dysmorphia of some kind . I was actually attending cognitive behavioural therapy because I suffer social anxiety and we spent a few sessions talking about food and one of the big things I remember him saying to me was to try and get out of thinking of some foods as good and some as bad, because once you see food as food and not as some form of enemy, it makes life easier. I haven't quite got there, but I would like to at some point

I totally hear you on the chocolate thing though, I wonder how that happens? I've been doing slimming world for a week (well, a few days off plan) and usually I'm dying for something with a cup of tea at night but I haven't really been looking for it at all-I wonder if it's because I'm not really having it during the day either so I'm. It getting cravings. Who knows, but I like not feeling the need to scoff loads at the minute. Itl be a different story come Easter though lol

I reckon i can add eating disorder to my list of demons! I eat, breath and sleep food sometimes. Doesn't it drive me mad? Yep, certifiably crazy!! :p

Hope you all well amd have a great new week. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I hope it has made you think a bit sammy because I hate seeing people getting obsessed because I know how it feels, the whole dieting thing can really consume your thoughts and I know it has made me really irrational sometimes. I was at my other halfs parents for dinner today and a while back the thought of that would have made me really anxious because I didn't want to mess up, but at the minute I'm just trying to control my meals that I can, and enjoy the ones I can't, without going completely crazy.im like you, I have stuff coming up the next few weeks. And it's not ideal,but it happens and I think we all need to learn how to deal with things like this because once we reach goal, things are going to crop up, so hopefully if we can deal with it on plan it will make it easier off plan, without going back to old habits. I'm going out to a restaurant for Mother's Day, and so many days I have ordered something I didn't really want, just because it was healthy.but this time I'm going to enjoy it, and just make sensible choices the rest of the week. I sound quite rational and sensible there, wait til you see me a few weeks down the line when I'm struggling and saying totally different things lol!
Well said autumn. I'm going to do my best to remember your words this week after a weekend er off it shall we say. Feel under the weather this morning so could quite easily throw in the towel today, especially after the weekend I've had. But I'm going to do my best to stick to it best I can :) x

Good morning ! I love how sweet and honest everyone is on here ! So grateful to have this place :) well after Darcey's birthday I decided I would weigh myself .... Gained only one pound which considering I guzzled all sorts of nonsense plus it's TOTM, not too bad ! Can someone please update my entry on the list to say 3 lost not 4. How depressing. Up and down back then forth ! Going to get really back to it this week and give it my all !!

Good morning all,
Just 1lb off for me this week, was hoping for more but atleast it's 1lb in the right direction.
Good luck everyone on the scales this week.x

TRIMMED List as of 23rd March - please update the list
Autumn500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 9lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 13.6lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 24.75lbs
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 12lbs
CatA - pledged 48.6lbs - lost 4.2lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 8lbs
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs
miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 16lbs
Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb
Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 7lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 3.5lbs
Zeke - pledged 53 lbs - lost 9.4 lbs
Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 0lbs (3lbs on!)
leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs
2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs
Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs

I had an unexpected, last minute, Whoosh this week - so delighted to announce a 3.6 lbs loss!

TRIMMED List as of 23rd March - please update the list
Autumn500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 9lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 13.6lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 24.75lbs
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 12lbs
CatA - pledged 48.6lbs - lost 4.2lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 8lbs
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs
miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 16lbs
Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb
Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 7lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 3.5lbs
Zeke - pledged 53 lbs - lost 13 lbs
Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 0lbs (3lbs on!)
leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs
2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs
Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs

Last edited:
1/2 off ill update stats later. X

Morning,

Well done on the losses!

I'm now all planned out for today and will track speed walk to and from work plus do pilates later.

I WILL get a good loss this week!

Got to bake over weekend as Chloe's 4th on 2nd and promised her a cake :) will have to skip a few snacks that week to counteract munching it.

Got her second parents evening tomorrow so will have to plan something quick for dinner after that fits cals.

Interview day Thursday this week as well...eek. The nerves should kill appetite that day lol

Well done bubble, Zeke and littlemissnaughty! Bubble pls can you add one pound on for me when you update please? Huge thanks

Well done bubble, Zeke and littlemissnaughty! Bubble pls can you add one pound on for me when you update please? Huge thanks

Will do newme it will be there after lunch today. X

I'll reply properly later but newme-proud of you for jumping on those scales!I was going to say to you last night to weigh anyway even if you didn't declare,just so you knew where you were at,but I didn't want to pressure you.you will get that pound off in no time,don't fret!

Back