2014 weight loss challenge

Well done on the Pilates - have u measured urself? Sometimes they (whoever they are!!) say that we shd measure as well as weigh for those times when the scales get stuck but I never do - can't bear to see those BIG numbers and can't be bothered with all that faffing either!!

I haven't measured myself for those reasons, I hate faffing about with tapes etc lol. I do look at myself in the mirror a lot when I'm getting changed and I feel more content with some things which is good, so hopefully everything else will follow!

I haven't measured myself for those reasons, I hate faffing about with tapes etc lol. I do look at myself in the mirror a lot when I'm getting changed and I feel more content with some things which is good, so hopefully everything else will follow!

Ur doing better than me - I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror yet! Just noticed ur v close to losing a stone wahey!!

Ur doing better than me - I can't bear to look at myself in the mirror yet! Just noticed ur v close to losing a stone wahey!!

I don't love doing it myself but it's an obsession I have lol (not like a vanity thing, I'm just obsessed with checking my stomach lol). I only really use the one mirror, and anything else I avoid like the plague lol.

Yes, two more pounds until I get the stone, I'm pretty excited, feels like it's taking an age but I'm well aware if where I could be if I'd given up, so I'm happy :)

Great 'bad day' autumn! You will do be fine.
Have that carbonara if you like you'll only crave it and then could fall off the wagon.
Enjoy your weekend. X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done everyone

Had a bad week not been to well better now but still eating bad. Going back to trying slimming world trying not to look at my food for next week as it looks so high in cals. But will go with it and see how it pans out it worked really well for me the first time.

Well done everyone Had a bad week not been to well better now but still eating bad. Going back to trying slimming world trying not to look at my food for next week as it looks so high in cals. But will go with it and see how it pans out it worked really well for me the first time.

Awww sorry you haven't been well, glad you are feeling better though, good luck with slimming world! I think if you have been doing calorie counting or something before it then it can seem a bit daunting when you start eating a lot, but as people keep saying on these boards, you just have to trust the plan :)

Great 'bad day' autumn! You will do be fine. Have that carbonara if you like you'll only crave it and then could fall off the wagon. Enjoy your weekend. X Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeah I think I will go with what I fancy rather than trying to be sensible because like you say I will only end up craving and then overeating

Yeah I think I will go with what I fancy rather than trying to be sensible because like you say I will only end up craving and then overeating

100% agree - if ur like me - as u say u feel deprived but not just for the moment - it can last ages followed a binge then that cd go on and on - so eat it and enjoy and get back on plan as soon as u reasonably can - I think this is key to maintaining our weight too (how I'd love to be at that stage....)

100% agree - if ur like me - as u say u feel deprived but not just for the moment - it can last ages followed a binge then that cd go on and on - so eat it and enjoy and get back on plan as soon as u reasonably can - I think this is key to maintaining our weight too (how I'd love to be at that stage....)

I think you are right :)

I agree about the maintaining stage! It's crazy to think that by the end of this year we could be well on our way to that! Then I will definitely need this site for support because I think that will be a whole new battle lol

Very true - a lifelong battle I think!!

Very true - a lifelong battle I think!!

Depressingly, I think that's true!

Went for a meal and had mussels and bread for starters and my carbonara for mains. Was delish!also may have bought a big bar of chocolate to have with some tea,oops! Will try and be more sensible with my dinner tomorrow

Sounds delicious, as long as youve enjoyed it. Happy days..

Glad you enjoyed your meal autumn ! Quite right! I had my spa day at Gleneagles today - Flippin heck how the other half live ! It was AMAZING !! Since it was a huge treat I decided to ditch the diet and really enjoy the amazing food - had a fantastic day ! Back to it tomorrow !

Glad you enjoyed your meal autumn ! Quite right! I had my spa day at Gleneagles today - Flippin heck how the other half live ! It was AMAZING !! Since it was a huge treat I decided to ditch the diet and really enjoy the amazing food - had a fantastic day ! Back to it tomorrow !

Wow that must have been great - glad u had a good time - agree on the food - would have been rude not to indulge!! Back down to earth today eh!

Glad u had a good night out and choc just finishes the night off nicely and lower cals than restaurant desserts I bet!

.....like the saying goes - a little bit of what u fancy does u good!! I think the weight losses for us all are more sustainable in the long term if we have the odd treat - if we only have text book diet days - it'd be impossible (for me anyway) to maintain our target weight for 5 mins!!!

Ur posts sound like ur more in control now and happier with yourself about this dieting lark - it's so good to hear about everyone's triumphs and struggles - makes me feel almost 'normal' about my crazy thoughts and weight loss battles!!

Glad you enjoyed yourself, and it would have been crazy not to indulge, it's not everyday you have spa days (although it would be lovely if you did lol!)

Glad u had a good night out and choc just finishes the night off nicely and lower cals than restaurant desserts I bet! .....like the saying goes - a little bit of what u fancy does u good!! I think the weight losses for us all are more sustainable in the long term if we have the odd treat - if we only have text book diet days - it'd be impossible (for me anyway) to maintain our target weight for 5 mins!!! Ur posts sound like ur more in control now and happier with yourself about this dieting lark - it's so good to hear about everyone's triumphs and struggles - makes me feel almost 'normal' about my crazy thoughts and weight loss battles!!

Thank you, I enjoyed it, although have woken up this morning feeling very down-I had a quick google and I think sugar can affect your mood, I've been quite good all week and then eating a whole lot of chocolate has knocked my sugar levels all out of whack which is affecting my mood (I think). Interesting how what you eat can affect more than just your waistline!

I am feeling more in control at the minute, which is lovely, although I do have my days where food gives me real anxiety and it stresses me out, but I will just have to learn to deal with it! Totally agree with whole a little bit of what you fancy does you good- I'm trying to do the whole 'eat a small bar of chocolate rather than making a diet version of something chocolatey which is better for you but tastes nothing like the real thing' thing which is keeping me sane I think! It is lovely to come on here and ready other peoples thoughts, because sometimes in the real world the whole dieting thing can feel very isolating and it seems like you are the only one with crazy thoughts, so to read other people experiencing the same thing I am is helpful (although of course I would prefer if we all had healthy relationships with food and were happy with how we looked!)

I have been so focused and on plan until today ... I know it's Mothers day but I've really gone over board and have eaten everything in sight and now feel bloated and sick :( I'm really disappointed with myself don't want to go back to my old habits ! I've been doing CC and was thinking of having fewer calories over the next few days and try and limit the damage already done . Sorry for the moan just wanted to get it off my chest and start afresh tomorrow x

I have been so focused and on plan until today ... I know it's Mothers day but I've really gone over board and have eaten everything in sight and now feel bloated and sick :( I'm really disappointed with myself don't want to go back to my old habits ! I've been doing CC and was thinking of having fewer calories over the next few days and try and limit the damage already done . Sorry for the moan just wanted to get it off my chest and start afresh tomorrow x

Know that feeling - but bet many Mums (and non Mums) have had that kind of a day - so let's get back on the wagon 2moro - fine to moan - but don't beat urself up - as u say start afresh 2moro - good luck (& to us all!!)

Thank you, I enjoyed it, although have woken up this morning feeling very down-I had a quick google and I think sugar can affect your mood, I've been quite good all week and then eating a whole lot of chocolate has knocked my sugar levels all out of whack which is affecting my mood (I think). Interesting how what you eat can affect more than just your waistline!

I am feeling more in control at the minute, which is lovely, although I do have my days where food gives me real anxiety and it stresses me out, but I will just have to learn to deal with it! Totally agree with whole a little bit of what you fancy does you good- I'm trying to do the whole 'eat a small bar of chocolate rather than making a diet version of something chocolatey which is better for you but tastes nothing like the real thing' thing which is keeping me sane I think! It is lovely to come on here and ready other peoples thoughts, because sometimes in the real world the whole dieting thing can feel very isolating and it seems like you are the only one with crazy thoughts, so to read other people experiencing the same thing I am is helpful (although of course I would prefer if we all had healthy relationships with food and were happy with how we looked!)

100% agree with all of ur post but sorry to hear u were feeling down - hope ur mood lifted as the day went on?

Ur attitude really helped me today - we were out with my elderly mother in law and hubby's family for lunch today - so had no b'fast or tea - had the best (sort of) diet lunch I could have in a restaurant plus a small dessert - felt full & proud (if that's ok to say about me??) some of the girls went mad (like I so often have!) but felt uncomfortable & cross with themselves after - I sympathised but kept quiet.

Later on, my son & his family came to visit - with a box of chocs so had 5 (345 cals :eek:) then shared them - till all gone. So not sure how that'd work on SW - can't be bothered to work out cals but determined to get back on track 2moro - pretty sure I wdn't have done that if I'd not read ur posts - so thx a million!!

Back