2014 weight loss challenge

I want to cry now...perfect job and I just got the email.

It's a no :(

CatA I'm so sorry it was a No. It's really horrible when you've invested so much thought in a potential new job. Very recently I applied for a job which didn't work out (I desperately wanted it and actually got it but had to decline it which was a total roller coaster of emotions ) and I was really upset to. But I'm a firm believer in Kismet. Try not to be too upset xx

I think it's more the not being able to leave here rather than the not getting it thats upsetting me more.

Have actually found something else I have applied to which pays slightly more than here but its South London instead of Central which would work for me (obviously not as good as 5 mins walk from my front door though). It's actually in publishing doing what I did in the job before this one (which I thought was my forever job but made redundant due to shrinkage after 13 years there) so fingers crossed I get a chance at this one.

Ah - sorry to hear that - that's a real pity - in a few days u'll pick urself up and apply for more jobs - u'll get there in the end!!

100% agree with all of ur post but sorry to hear u were feeling down - hope ur mood lifted as the day went on? Ur attitude really helped me today - we were out with my elderly mother in law and hubby's family for lunch today - so had no b'fast or tea - had the best (sort of) diet lunch I could have in a restaurant plus a small dessert - felt full & proud (if that's ok to say about me??) some of the girls went mad (like I so often have!) but felt uncomfortable & cross with themselves after - I sympathised but kept quiet. Later on, my son & his family came to visit - with a box of chocs so had 5 (345 cals :eek:) then shared them - till all gone. So not sure how that'd work on SW - can't be bothered to work out cals but determined to get back on track 2moro - pretty sure I wdn't have done that if I'd not read ur posts - so thx a million!!

Awww am glad my posts helped in some way! Hope you enjoyed yourself yesterday!

I had another bad day today as I had lunch and so few drinks with a friend, not aware if the cals or anything but I had a light breakfast and will have a light dinner. Very unconfident of a loss this week but feel like I did ok with the bad days, enjoying myself without going crazy the whole day, so I feel like I'm learning things that will help when I get to maintenance phase ( even though it's a long way off)

Sounds like a few of is were in the same boat this weekend, mine was all over the place, really not looking forward to the scales on Wednesday. Just hoping a couple of really good days with some exercise thrown in and I might just be able to scrap a loss.

Fingers crossed with your good days you are able to get a loss! I'm in the same boat as you so I can sympathise!

Well done on the losses lmn and bubble, so happy for you both!

So sorry you didn't get the job cat :-(

Awww am glad my posts helped in some way! Hope you enjoyed yourself yesterday!

I had another bad day today as I had lunch and so few drinks with a friend, not aware if the cals or anything but I had a light breakfast and will have a light dinner. Very unconfident of a loss this week but feel like I did ok with the bad days, enjoying myself without going crazy the whole day, so I feel like I'm learning things that will help when I get to maintenance phase ( even though it's a long way off)

It comes over in ur posts that ur feeling more comfortable with the way ur losing weight - kinda like ur in control rather than the other way round? Perhaps we shd all start using different terminology now - rather than good and bad days - any ideas what we cd call them instead?

Yea had a good day yest and back on plan today ....so far!!

Aww thanks Upndown, I think slimming world is making me a bit more in control, and the fact that I'm really trying to remember that when I get to target I can't just go back to how I ate before, I need to make permanent changes, and there are going to be times when I can't control what I'm eating, or when I just want to eat unhealthily, and it think I have to be ok with that.

I totally agree about 'good' and 'bad' I'm terrible for using those phrases, but I'm not sure what a good alternative would be. 'Bad' has lots of negative connotations and I think even if we get into the mindset that we have been bad, it makes us more likely to go further off plan. Like I said before, food shouldn't be labelled as 'good' or 'bad' but I have no idea how to stop doing it lol

Well done to Katsmad64, Littlemissnaughty, Bubble and Zeke for losses this week! Everyone is doing great so let's keep at it.

Also well done to Newme and Autumn for going out and enjoying yourselves then getting straight back on track. I do think that is the key to long term dieting as we really can't expect to deprive ourselves of the naughty stuff all of the time, we do need a break now and again.

Thx I'm over it now and sod's law I feel less bloated since WI - here's to next week!!

Hear hear upndown, let's make this week a good one. I'm glad you're ok about what the scales last said and have my fingers crossed for a loss on the scales this week for you.

I have been so focused and on plan until today ... I know it's Mothers day but I've really gone over board and have eaten everything in sight and now feel bloated and sick :( I'm really disappointed with myself don't want to go back to my old habits ! I've been doing CC and was thinking of having fewer calories over the next few days and try and limit the damage already done . Sorry for the moan just wanted to get it off my chest and start afresh tomorrow x

That's what this forum is for so you have a good moan as we've all done it and felt cross with ourselves but, you haven't given up so you should be giving yourself a good pat on the back. Here's to a good week for you. We're all allowed a day off now and again.

100% agree with all of ur post but sorry to hear u were feeling down - hope ur mood lifted as the day went on?

Ur attitude really helped me today - we were out with my elderly mother in law and hubby's family for lunch today - so had no b'fast or tea - had the best (sort of) diet lunch I could have in a restaurant plus a small dessert - felt full & proud (if that's ok to say about me??) some of the girls went mad (like I so often have!) but felt uncomfortable & cross with themselves after - I sympathised but kept quiet.

Later on, my son & his family came to visit - with a box of chocs so had 5 (345 cals :eek:) then shared them - till all gone. So not sure how that'd work on SW - can't be bothered to work out cals but determined to get back on track 2moro - pretty sure I wdn't have done that if I'd not read ur posts - so thx a million!!

Wow that is willpower! It must have hurt giving away those chocs but well done you :)

I'm so sorry you didn't get the job you wanted. Something will turn up for you, hopefully soon.

Aww thanks Upndown, I think slimming world is making me a bit more in control, and the fact that I'm really trying to remember that when I get to target I can't just go back to how I ate before, I need to make permanent changes, and there are going to be times when I can't control what I'm eating, or when I just want to eat unhealthily, and it think I have to be ok with that.

This is oh so true Autumn and something I am going to have to bear in mind because there is no way I can go back to eating the way I was either, it was just so unhealthy. The changes do need to be permanent but we also need to be able to enjoy ourselves now and again, without feeling guilty and without getting back into bad habits. (there's the 'bad' word again lol!) You do talk a lot of sense! Anyway, sorry you have had a couple of days feeling down and hope you are feeling a bit brighter now.

I totally agree about 'good' and 'bad' I'm terrible for using those phrases, but I'm not sure what a good alternative would be. 'Bad' has lots of negative connotations and I think even if we get into the mindset that we have been bad, it makes us more likely to go further off plan. Like I said before, food shouldn't be labelled as 'good' or 'bad' but I have no idea how to stop doing it lol

How about this until someone comes up with better words? It's not inspiring and doesn't have a 'ring' to it - healthy & not so healthy? Ideas pls??

Aww sammy you are so lovely :) hope you have been having a good week. I'm feeling a lot better thanks, although having eaten unhealthy food today I feel quite sluggish and bleugh, which I actually sort of like because it serves as a reminder that the foods I think I love aren't as enjoyable as they used to be- I never used to get that horrible greasy and sluggish feeling after eating crap-probably because I always ate crap so didn't know any different lol

Upndown, I will try healthy and unhealthy (maybe less healthy?) as it doesn't sound as bad and this time round I feel like I should be making healthiness a goal rather than just losing weight

Aww sammy you are so lovely :) hope you have been having a good week. I'm feeling a lot better thanks, although having eaten unhealthy food today I feel quite sluggish and bleugh, which I actually sort of like because it serves as a reminder that the foods I think I love aren't as enjoyable as they used to be- I never used to get that horrible greasy and sluggish feeling after eating crap-probably because I always ate crap so didn't know any different lol

Upndown, I will try healthy and unhealthy (maybe less healthy?) as it doesn't sound as bad and this time round I feel like I should be making healthiness a goal rather than just losing weight

Yes less healthy is much better - unhealthy's still negative isn't it? I'll try to change my wording (and thinking) too!

I have had a good week thanks Autumn, I saved most of my extra points for Sunday so that mother's day could be an enjoyable one and it was ;)

I can really relate to the way eating rubbish all of the time makes you feel and had been wondering for quite a while why my get up and go had got up and vanished! Since I've been eating less crap and having lots of fruit and veg on this diet my mood has definitely changed for the better. I did read in the ww mag actually something about people who eat about 7 portions of fruit and veg a day are less likely to suffer from depression so it's worth giving it a go.

Yes I like 'healthy' and 'less healthy' instead of good and bad. We need to train our brains to be more positive don't we?

Well only 1lb off for me this week but it's still going in the right direction so happy :)

I'm going to be "less healthy" this week I think.

Baked lots of cake last night so I can put together daughters birthday cake tonight. Still can't believe she will be 4, I swear I only had her a year or two ago!

I have had a good week thanks Autumn, I saved most of my extra points for Sunday so that mother's day could be an enjoyable one and it was ;)

I can really relate to the way eating rubbish all of the time makes you feel and had been wondering for quite a while why my get up and go had got up and vanished! Since I've been eating less crap and having lots of fruit and veg on this diet my mood has definitely changed for the better. I did read in the ww mag actually something about people who eat about 7 portions of fruit and veg a day are less likely to suffer from depression so it's worth giving it a go.

Yes I like 'healthy' and 'less healthy' instead of good and bad. We need to train our brains to be more positive don't we?

Well only 1lb off for me this week but it's still going in the right direction so happy :)

Well done on the loss - 2 x blocks of lard remember - 9.5 off in 5 weeks is great!!

Think we all need to celebrate our losses don't we? I hope for 2 or more pounds off each week and feel disappointed with anything less even tho' I know that unrealistic - so my next challenge is to sort that out (hard for impatient me!!)

Back