2014 weight loss challenge

Congratulations on the loss Sammyanth! It is still 1lb less than you were before - it is something to celebrate!.

I what you mean upndown about wanting a certain loss, like 2lbs a week. Problem is our bodies sometimes want to take a break I think! It is easier to do a monthly average, or even a whole journey average to see how you are loosing. It could be that if you factor in all the times you lose more than 2lbs along with the smaller losses - it could be on average 2lb a week anyway!.

I remember when I first started I really wants a stone a month! It didn't happen lol. But my Consultant was telling us a story about this woman who wanted to loose 6 stones in 6 months for a wedding. Apparently she was making all her needed targets per week until she went away for two days - she then lost a wee bit less. She was so focused on that rigid goal that she was disgusted with herself and fell off the wagon. She was apparently something like 3.5stones done. She rejoined later, having regained all her weight and more - saying it was the worst thing she could have done! So whilst it is nice to have goals, don't be so hard on yourself. As long as it is coming off, then you should be proud of your achievements. I think we add a lot of pressure to ourselves which messes with our minds!!

All the best for the Weigh-Ins. I have mine tonight, and I am not convinced I have lost. Apart from my birthday celebrations I have been really good (trying to make up for the syns) but I just feel bloated I guess. I have had a bad back and I think the inflammation is what makes me feel rubbish! Hopefully it will be okay though - any loss would be appreciated!

xx

I've got my WI tomorrow and a sneaky peak at the scales (I know completely and utterly naughty and not helpful) was showing 1lb gain :-(

I am however out tonight for a 5K run as part of my training for Race for Life so hoping that will make a difference.

Will let you all know how I get on

Allo, sore feet as just spent last 2hr's decorating daughters birthday cake for tomorrow. No chance of losing weight this week with this to eat!

IMG_20140401_225301_zpsms496b45.jpg

Wow Cat that looks lovely. Too good to eat;);)
Enjoy it hun and happy bday to your LO. xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well the run did something good in that it helped me avoid a gain but not enough for a loss STS for me this week.

Going to try and be extra healthy this week coming to avoid another STS next week. I've also set myself a challenge to run 50K cumulatively over the course of the month.

Currently 5/50 done

Well done on the loss - 2 x blocks of lard remember - 9.5 off in 5 weeks is great!!

Think we all need to celebrate our losses don't we? I hope for 2 or more pounds off each week and feel disappointed with anything less even tho' I know that unrealistic - so my next challenge is to sort that out (hard for impatient me!!)

Thanks upndown. Yes I started off the same, expecting a 2lb loss a week and was disappointed after the first two weeks but now I'm just happy with any loss. If I was prepared to give up some of my weekly points it might be better but I'm not lol!

Congratulations on the loss Sammyanth! It is still 1lb less than you were before - it is something to celebrate!.

I what you mean upndown about wanting a certain loss, like 2lbs a week. Problem is our bodies sometimes want to take a break I think! It is easier to do a monthly average, or even a whole journey average to see how you are loosing. It could be that if you factor in all the times you lose more than 2lbs along with the smaller losses - it could be on average 2lb a week anyway!.

I remember when I first started I really wants a stone a month! It didn't happen lol. But my Consultant was telling us a story about this woman who wanted to loose 6 stones in 6 months for a wedding. Apparently she was making all her needed targets per week until she went away for two days - she then lost a wee bit less. She was so focused on that rigid goal that she was disgusted with herself and fell off the wagon. She was apparently something like 3.5stones done. She rejoined later, having regained all her weight and more - saying it was the worst thing she could have done! So whilst it is nice to have goals, don't be so hard on yourself. As long as it is coming off, then you should be proud of your achievements. I think we add a lot of pressure to ourselves which messes with our minds!!

All the best for the Weigh-Ins. I have mine tonight, and I am not convinced I have lost. Apart from my birthday celebrations I have been really good (trying to make up for the syns) but I just feel bloated I guess. I have had a bad back and I think the inflammation is what makes me feel rubbish! Hopefully it will be okay though - any loss would be appreciated!

xx

Thank you. I totally agree with what you've said, we do set ourselves up for disappointment sometimes with putting a figure on how much loss we want each week. It really can mess with our minds so it's much better to celebrate any loss however small. How did you get on with weigh in?

Allo, sore feet as just spent last 2hr's decorating daughters birthday cake for tomorrow. No chance of losing weight this week with this to eat!

Wow! You have put me to shame as it's my lad's birthday today too but he hasn't got a cake like that, it's fab. They do grow up fast, he is 11 today, starting high school September but it only feels like yesterday that he started primary school. Hope your little girl enjoys her birthday.

Well the run did something good in that it helped me avoid a gain but not enough for a loss STS for me this week.

Going to try and be extra healthy this week coming to avoid another STS next week. I've also set myself a challenge to run 50K cumulatively over the course of the month.

Currently 5/50 done

Sorry you had a sts Kentcat. Just remember what happened when you had that last time though, you had a good loss later on didn't you? You're doing all that exercise so it will soon come off! Keep up the good work!

Sorry you had a sts Kentcat. Just remember what happened when you had that last time though, you had a good loss later on didn't you? You're doing all that exercise so it will soon come off! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the support. I know that if I'm doing the right stuff it will come off eventually and I can see my body shape changing as the cycling and running tones me but it's still a little frustrating.

Last time I was trying to lose weight was about 3yrs ago and it just seemed to fall off, I can't help but think being older is having an impact on the speed at which I lose the pounds. Have others found this?

I'm going to allow myself my usual Wednesday treat of a flapjack so I don't get completely miserable but otherwise it's carry on as usual.

Good luck to anyone else with a WI today

Cat

Do any of you lovely people know how many extra daily ww propoints is recommended to maintain? We are away for the two week Easter holiday and I fancy having a break from dieting for the first week and not having to worry about pointing at all but going back on plan for the second week and maybe just trying to maintain then getting back to it properly when we get back. Think I've read that it's six extra points is that right?

Thanks for the support. I know that if I'm doing the right stuff it will come off eventually and I can see my body shape changing as the cycling and running tones me but it's still a little frustrating.

Last time I was trying to lose weight was about 3yrs ago and it just seemed to fall off, I can't help but think being older is having an impact on the speed at which I lose the pounds. Have others found this?

Hi - what a pain sts weeks are - but it's gd that ur body shape is changing.

Yes I find it harder to lose weight as I get older - I've also read that when we diet repeatedly we mess up (technical term!) our metabolic rate. I find I now I need to eat less than any diet recommends to get regular losses as well as exercise fairly hard but then I can only blame myself for all the years of overeating eh!!

fab cake - enjoy and happy birthday to ur little girl!

Hi - I lost 2 this week - well done to those who've had good losses - keep at it to those that haven't and good luck to those who are WI later on!

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 9lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 13.6lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 26lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 26.75lbs
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 3lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 12.5lbs
CatA - pledged 48.6lbs - lost 4.2lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 11lbs
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs
miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 22lbs
Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb
Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 8.5lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 3.5lbs
Zeke - pledged 53 lbs - lost 13.4 lbs
Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 1lbs
leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs
2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs
Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs

Well done upndown!!!! xx

Thanks - seems to be slow but sure - grateful for loss after last wk's sts! How are u doing?

Thanks - seems to be slow but sure - grateful for loss after last wk's sts! How are u doing?

Much better to be slow and keep it off than fast and not be able to maintain. You are doing fab :) this week is going fab so far although had a wobbler last weekend so back on track this week and more motivated than ever! How about you? How are you finding it? xxx

Much better to be slow and keep it off than fast and not be able to maintain. You are doing fab :) this week is going fab so far although had a wobbler last weekend so back on track this week and more motivated than ever! How about you? How are you finding it? xxx

You did well to get back on track so quickly - well done! Yes it's better to slow and steady as u say - u'll see from my sign in name - I'm a serial dieter and a fleeting maintainer!!

I'm doing ok thx - mostly down to the support here from all u lovely ppl - I'm doing Simming World at home - I worked in a 'salad challenge' that's been posted on another thread just to change things round a bit - I get bored easily!! I'm never confident that I'll stick to it tho' - so promised myself I'll keep posting here what ever happens!!

You did well to get back on track so quickly - well done! Yes it's better to slow and steady as u say - u'll see from my sign in name - I'm a serial dieter and a fleeting maintainer!!

I'm doing ok thx - mostly down to the support here from all u lovely ppl - I'm doing Simming World at home - I worked in a 'salad challenge' that's been posted on another thread just to change things round a bit - I get bored easily!! I'm never confident that I'll stick to it tho' - so promised myself I'll keep posting here what ever happens!!

Thank you. I know. I was actually happy to get back to eating better! So hopefully I will be able to carry it on! I know what you mean. I find it hard, I just love food! lol.

Oh good. I know, the support on here is fab! I love it and it's so helpful. Oh yes, I saw that, people seem to be having fab results with it. Well you've stuck with it so far and are doing fab so keep it up :D xxx

Very well done on your great loss upndown ! You're on fire !!
And wow CatA ! The cakes look fabulous ! Hope your DD loves them !

Bit late joining.

I started in Jan... fell off the wagon and gained it all back again but now Im back and determined to lose 73lbs this year to get me to 10 stone by Christmas 2014

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 9lbs
Rosielea - pledged 21lbs - lost 1lbs
chezz - pledged 70lbs - lost 9lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 13.6lbs
Ellaye - pledged 125lbs - lost 13lbs
Missa - pledged 38lbs - lost 5lbs
emma30 - pledged 51lbs - lost 9lb
Chelleb79 - pledged 100lbs - lost 13lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 26lbs
Polyanna - pledged 28lbs - lost 6lbs
HEmam - pledged 89lbs - lost 15lbs
Saruk88 - pledged 75lbs - lost 2.5lbs
besneys - pledged 27lbs - lost 2lbs
Lauralozzle - pledged 24lbs - lost 3.8lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 26.75lbs
Back2me2014 - pledged 42lbs - lost 8lbs
Jo_kate - pledged 84lbs - lost 8lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 3lbs
MadMax - pledged 28lbs - lost 1.5lbs
Newniki2013 - pledged 91lbs - lost 14.75lb
cf70 - pledged 42lbs - lost 6lbs
Ria. - pledged 26lbs - lost 5lbs
Alderica - pledged 80lbs - lost 6lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 12.5lbs
CatA - pledged 48.6lbs - lost 4.2lbs
scouzer - pledged 35lbs - lost 3lbs
K8JoeAlf - pledged 42lb - lost 5lb
Nadine Bowen - pledged 56lb - lost 14lbs
Spiny Norman - pledged 50lb - lost 9lbs
fat2go - pledged 101lb - lost 33.5lbs
eviescott - pledged 25lb - lost 4.5lbs
MrsQuadkon - pledged 50lb - lost 2lbs
WeeNurse - pledged - 60lb - lost 3lbs
TheMoog - pledged 60lb - lost 11lb
Sophsmum - pledged 101lb - lost 19 lb
Witzender - pledged 41lb - lost 9lb
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 11lbs
latinainglesa - pledged 70lb - lost 16lbs
tweetypie1233 - pledged 84lbs - lost 15.5bs
miss14 - pledged 23lbs - lost 2.5lb
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 22lbs
Skye15 - pledged 30lbs - lost 0lb
Littlered81 - pledged 55lbs - lost 0lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 8.5lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 3.5lbs
Zeke - pledged 53 lbs - lost 13.4 lbs
Fabulous FrouFrou - pledged 50kg - lost 0kg
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 1lbs
leanne641 - pledged 24lbs lost 0lbs
2mnn - pledged 14lbs lost 0lbs
Fallen8905 - pledged 28lbs lost 0lbs
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 14.5lbs

Wow that cake looks amazing!

Unfortunately I had a gain of 0.5lbs! I knew I was bound to have a gain at some point in time, but it is still a pain! It was my birthday and I did enjoy myself so I'm not too worried! Although I can't help but think I should have drank so much water beforee weigh-in - I had a really long pee after weigh-in that I swear was at lead 0.5lbs HAHA :).

Oh well it will hopefully come of next week along with some more! xx

Back