2014 weight loss challenge

I'm going to have a rant so here goes ! I have a "friend" who also struggles with her weight but has never done anything about it which is not my business it's up to her . It's her body although she has lots of health issues bad hips knees ....I've not seen her for a while due to us both having other commitments but keep in contact via text messages . I saw her mum and mum in law recently and apparently I have lost loads of weight and look really ill !!!!! I'm fuming just because I've decided to take control and sort out my weight problem and a big part was for health I'm on HRT and was advised by my Dr to loose weight plus I started getting knee problems myself which I no longer have . If I was so ill don't think I'd be able to run 5 miles twice a week and cycle 30 miles ! Sorry for going on but bet I'm not the only one who have had negative comments . My other friends and family say how proud they are of me and how much better I look guess some people don't like it when others succeed . Weight loss is not easy for any of us and is a life long commitment and I am so impressed by anyone who gives it a go to improve themselves so well done fellow members :) xx

Sorry you had to endure that,it's so rude! Bet they would never go up to an overweight person and say 'look at the size of you,think what you are doing to your organs,you are slowly killing yourself etc etc' people seem to think it's fine to pass negative remarks to your face when you are losing weight or naturally very slim but they wouldn't do it the other way round.my other halfs sister told me to be careful that I don't become anorexic! I found that such an ignorant thing to say because anorexia is a serious mental disorder,you don't just acquire it because you want to lose a few pounds! I find the most misguided or rude comments come from people who are larger or not particularly well informed about weightloss etc

You should be very proud of your weight loss as well as the non scale victory as a result of it-no knee pain is def a bonus!

The pox seems to be going around there! OH's nieces have it as well. Hope that they won't itch for much longer! :) so.. 3.5 off this week. :D Can I be updated to 32.5 please? :D

You are doing amazing! What plan are you doing and how are you staying motivated?

Updating for Katsmad and myself - 1.5lbs off for me this week which means I am now back in the 9's and I've lost just over a stone. Very pleased :) Updated list as of 15th July - please update your loss and change date if relevant. Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 10.25lbs loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 20.8lbs littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 32.5lbs newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 5lbs CatA - pledged 57lbs - lost 2.2lbs KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.25lbs Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 28.5lbs KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs???? Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 9lbs cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 12.5lbs Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 29lbs Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs

How exciting to be in the 9s!! Well done you,I can't wait to be back there,only another stone or so to go lol :-(

tbh as my challenge posts show - I had too many carbs and syns for the challenge rules - so could have lost more - but chuffed to have lost 4 over the last fortnight!!

4 off in a fortnight is amazing,well done you!
Fast day for me today and after two days of going a bit nuts I def could do with it lol.tempted to try fasting every other day so that on my non fast days I'm able to eat more without having a negative effect on my losses

Thx and Wow - fasting every other day eh - good luck with that - but I find sometimes (when I've got my head round things) that I can diet better than eating 'normally! It must be a control thing!

On the 5:2 thread I follow, the girl has really improved the way she manages it - in the beginning she was eating lall lkinds of ow cal stuff inc treats so that she cd manage the 'normal' as well diet days - she's now eating healthily 7 days a week (with the odd blip) and only weighing once a month - but it took her several months to get there.

Well done x

I managed to get my gains off last week but this week isnt looking promising x

Well done for getting the gain off - a pity to hear ur struggling thi week - I've seen u honking - hope u manage to turn things round v soon xx

Thx and Wow - fasting every other day eh - good luck with that - but I find sometimes (when I've got my head round things) that I can diet better than eating 'normally! It must be a control thing! On the 5:2 thread I follow, the girl has really improved the way she manages it - in the beginning she was eating lall lkinds of ow cal stuff inc treats so that she cd manage the 'normal' as well diet days - she's now eating healthily 7 days a week (with the odd blip) and only weighing once a month - but it took her several months to get there.

Yeah j agree with the control thing,I think I would prefer fasting every other day as il be more comfortable with eating 'normally' on the other days because I will feel the extra fasting will balance it all out.i think it will def be trial and error so I will be intrigued to see how it works,I'm going to weigh at the end of the month to see if the fasting and non fasting all balances out and leads to weightloss,fingers crossed!

Thanks Autumn. You will get back in the 9's too as it sounds like you are back in the zone again :)

My ability to stay in the zone seems to change on an hourly basis kol

Yeah j agree with the control thing,I think I would prefer fasting every other day as il be more comfortable with eating 'normally' on the other days because I will feel the extra fasting will balance it all out.i think it will def be trial and error so I will be intrigued to see how it works,I'm going to weigh at the end of the month to see if the fasting and non fasting all balances out and leads to weightloss,fingers crossed!

Good luck with that - I'll look forward to seeing how that all works - really think that fasting wd help me to maintain - it's just doing it that's the prob (a minor detail eh?!)

Argh this week is not going well. Too much child friendly food floating around at mealtimes. I keep picking!

Thankfully the childminder can take her again next week so if this one is a crap one next week won't be!

Well done for getting the gain off - a pity to hear ur struggling thi week - I've seen u honking - hope u manage to turn things round v soon xx

I haven't honked every day this week ;)
Just need to control emotional eating and then those lbs will melt off but until then i will struggle on x

I haven't honked every day this week ;)
Just need to control emotional eating and then those lbs will melt off but until then i will struggle on x

yes know what u mean - that's why we're on here I guess?

Finally lost some fresh weight today, 1.5lbs off x

Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 10.25lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 20.8lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 34.5lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
bubble77 - pledged 40lbs - lost 5lbs
CatA - pledged 57lbs - lost 2.2lbs
KentCat - pledged 30lb - lost 12lbs
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.25lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 28.5lbs
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2 1/2lbs????
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 60lbs - lost 10.8lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs
Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 12.5lbs
Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs
MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 32.5lbs
Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs

Finally lost some fresh weight today, 1.5lbs off x

Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 20.8lbs

Well done - nothing like a 'fresh weight loss'

Sorry you had to endure that,it's so rude! Bet they would never go up to an overweight person and say 'look at the size of you,think what you are doing to your organs,you are slowly killing yourself etc etc' people seem to think it's fine to pass negative remarks to your face when you are losing weight or naturally very slim but they wouldn't do it the other way round.my other halfs sister told me to be careful that I don't become anorexic! I found that such an ignorant thing to say because anorexia is a serious mental disorder,you don't just acquire it because you want to lose a few pounds! I find the most misguided or rude comments come from people who are larger or not particularly well informed about weightloss etc

You should be very proud of your weight loss as well as the non scale victory as a result of it-no knee pain is def a bonus!
This is so true this person has been over weight all her life and unfortunately her children are as well and have negative body image diabetes plus other issues which is so sad . Last time I saw her she asked " are you still going to weight watchers ? " I do Slimming World ! She never listens it's always about her ...... She then said slimming clubs don't work they're only after your money . She recently saw her Dr about her health problems and she suggested joining a support group to help eat more healthy and give her all the information about nutrition all for free which I thought was brilliant . You go once a month for help and support .She did go once when I asked about it she said she's not going anymore as she can't be bothered ! There is no hope with some people as I said it's her life so it's her choice it's a shame that the children are unfortunately the same ! Don't want to go on and bore you all just wanted to share so background info especially if the same has happened to anyone else . Happy Friday have a cool weekend xx

1lb lost this week very happy had chip shop and then Chinese so was thinking it would be a gain. Well done everyone and good luck hope everyone has a good week.

Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 21.8lbs

Back