2014 weight loss challenge

Yeah snap...it's a nightmare when you just want to lose the weight but stuff your face at the same time.

I'm STILL trying to do Slim Fast and am still yet to actually do it as everytime I plan to we veer off again.

Doing a shake for brekkie, shake for lunch, 100cal snacks IF hungry and then 600 cal evening meal which is normally pasta as it fills us longer.

It's saying no to the choc etc you walk past in shops I struggle with as I love choc and crisps.

I gained 2lbs this week :(

First time in any of my weigh ins that I didnt lose, this last week was a slow one but this will motivate me to push hard this week and get a great result. I didnt even want to post that I gained but I did some self talking and I understand that this is part of the journey and need to accept it and push through it.

List as of 22nd September please update this list

366to266 pledged 42lb - lost 20lb
Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 5lbs
loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs
Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 21.8lbs
littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs
Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 19.5lbs
newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs
bubble77 - pledged 28lbs - lost 10.5lbs
CatA - pledged 28lbs - lost 3lbs
KentCat - pledged 43lb - lost 26lbs
FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs
Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.5lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 35.5lbs
KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2.5lbs
Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs
loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs
Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs
Safia - pledged 34lbs - lost 0.8lbs
cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs
Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs
Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 17.5lbs
Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs
MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 51.5lbs
Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 15lbs
Willpowerwoman - pledged 56lbs - lost 12lbs
BlueCow - pledged 55lbs - lost 7lbs
sweetpink - pledged 50lbs - lost 24lbs
apico04 - pledged 70lbs - lost 32.5lbs

Kazzo - pledged 34lbs - lost 0b
Tina0709 pledged 21lbs - lost 0lb
LittleHistorian - pledged 14lbs - lost 0lb
Beavis - pledged 29lbs - lost 2.5lbs

I gained 2lbs this week :( First time in any of my weigh ins that I didnt lose, this last week was a slow one but this will motivate me to push hard this week and get a great result. I didnt even want to post that I gained but I did some self talking and I understand that this is part of the journey and need to accept it and push through it. List as of 22nd September please update this list 366to266 pledged 42lb - lost 20lb Autumn 500 - pledged 42lbs - lost 5lbs loulou83 - pledged 35lbs - lost 5lbs Joanne - pledged 70lbs - lost 21.8lbs littlemissnaughty - pledged 45lbs - lost 24lbs Upndown - pledged 40lbs - lost 19.5lbs newme763 - pledged 19lbs - lost 4lbs bubble77 - pledged 28lbs - lost 10.5lbs CatA - pledged 28lbs - lost 3lbs KentCat - pledged 43lb - lost 26lbs FeatherWeight - pledged 72lbs - lost 31lbs Sammyanth - pledged 28lbs - lost 15.5lbs Katsmad64 - pledged 42lbs - lost 35.5lbs KMD - pledged 35lb's - lost 2.5lbs Escapade - pledged 73lbs - lost 29lbs loulou129 - pledged 50lbs - lost 6.5lbs Dolly Rocker - pledged 78lbs - lost 5lbs Safia - pledged 34lbs - lost 0.8lbs cans1983 - pledged 60lbs - lost 26lbs Cazdav22355 - pledged 42lbs - lost 22lbs Beckieee - pledged 34lbs - lost 17.5lbs Believer77 -pledged 40lbs - lost 23lbs MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 51.5lbs Samprand - pledged 70lbs - lost 15lbs Willpowerwoman - pledged 56lbs - lost 12lbs BlueCow - pledged 55lbs - lost 7lbs sweetpink - pledged 50lbs - lost 24lbs apico04 - pledged 70lbs - lost 32.5lbs Kazzo - pledged 34lbs - lost 0b Tina0709 pledged 21lbs - lost 0lb LittleHistorian - pledged 14lbs - lost 0lb Beavis - pledged 29lbs - lost 2.5lbs

Well done for posting the gain,there is no shame in it,weight loss journeys are never the straight line we want/expect them to be.i think being honest about it gets it clearer in your head and you can take steps to move forward whereas when you hide it it can be the start of a slippery slope.at least that's how it is for me! Good luck for this week :)

Yeah snap...it's a nightmare when you just want to lose the weight but stuff your face at the same time. I'm STILL trying to do Slim Fast and am still yet to actually do it as everytime I plan to we veer off again. Doing a shake for brekkie, shake for lunch, 100cal snacks IF hungry and then 600 cal evening meal which is normally pasta as it fills us longer. It's saying no to the choc etc you walk past in shops I struggle with as I love choc and crisps.

Yeah I feel your pain,people say if you want something enough you will do it but it's not as easy as that.i really want to lose weight as my size is making me miserable at the minute (I know being slim doesn't magically make you happy,but I'm sure you know what I mean) but I'm so easily led and drawn to bad foods.i used to be so disciplined and don't know if I'm just bored of dieting or if I just need to wise up lol

First time in any of my weigh ins that I didnt lose, this last week was a slow one but this will motivate me to push hard this week and get a great result. I didnt even want to post that I gained but I did some self talking and I understand that this is part of the journey and need to accept it and push through it.

You did the right thing in posting and you have the right attitude so hopefully you can have a great week this week and a result at the next weigh in. Keep up your good work!

Yeah I feel your pain,people say if you want something enough you will do it but it's not as easy as that.i really want to lose weight as my size is making me miserable at the minute (I know being slim doesn't magically make you happy,but I'm sure you know what I mean) but I'm so easily led and drawn to bad foods.i used to be so disciplined and don't know if I'm just bored of dieting or if I just need to wise up lol
Sorry to hear ur miserable - I get like that sometimes esp when I try to do extreme diets - wonder if it wd be worth trying a more 'generous' diet like 1800 cals a day or just healthy eating- realise it's not as easy as that. Take car excar ex

Yeah snap...it's a nightmare when you just want to lose the weight but stuff your face at the same time.

I'm STILL trying to do Slim Fast and am still yet to actually do it as everytime I plan to we veer off again.

Doing a shake for brekkie, shake for lunch, 100cal snacks IF hungry and then 600 cal evening meal which is normally pasta as it fills us longer.

It's saying no to the choc etc you walk past in shops I struggle with as I love choc and crisps.

Hi ladies, sorry you are both struggling at the mo. I've been in that place (until very recently) and it can be miserable. Sometimes something will just click so I hope it does for the two of you. Here's some motivational vibes in case they help :vibes:

Cat, I've always been the same with choc and crisps so I make sure I can have a little bit of what I fancy in the evenings like a choc wafer bar and bag of quavers (not much but better than nothing) although lately I've not been having or needing either for some reason :eek:. Could you not try doing something similar? It does help to keep you on track without feeling completely deprived.

MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 51.5lbs

as others have said - u've done the right thing in posting - we've all had gains along our diet journey - hope u can draw a line under it now and recognise on well how you've done and focus on ur next week!

I recognise all that - sometimes when I'm like that partic if I go on an extreme diet - I start to binge cos of my weak willpower - so trying now to follow a more generous plan! Hope u can stick to Slimfast I know it's tough!

speak of the devil!! Brought to my knees with a nasty bug - pity I still managed to comfort eat - so still a 15lb gain after my hol - oh no!!!

Hope you had a lovely holiday and are well over your bug? Was the 15lb more or less than you expected? Don't forget I'm sure some of that isn't genuine weight gain and will come off fairly easily!

Better averaging a loss rather than a gain tho Autumn eh? Shall we try to get 2 off each, this week?

Yes,an overall loss is still good but as per usual I want to lose 2stone in about 2 weeks so I'm never happy haha! I stayed the same this week,hopefully you faired better!

Sorry to hear ur miserable - I get like that sometimes esp when I try to do extreme diets - wonder if it wd be worth trying a more 'generous' diet like 1800 cals a day or just healthy eating- realise it's not as easy as that. Take car excar ex

Every few hours I have a different idea of what I want to do-sw,ww,5:2,intuitive eating,just eating healthy,juicing,calorie counting.aaaaaaghhhh lol.im sure one day il wake up and something will click,it's just taking a while to happen lol

3lbs off. After my 1 gain last week it brings me to 53.5lbs off so far.

Only 14 more weigh ins until christmas!!! :eek:

MelonCollie -pledged 56lbs - lost 53.5lbs

Hope you had a lovely holiday and are well over your bug? Was the 15lb more or less than you expected? Don't forget I'm sure some of that isn't genuine weight gain and will come off fairly easily!

Hi - yes thx over the bug now. I did overeat on first week of hols but then after that thought we'd eaten pretty healthily (just imagine what the gain wd have been if I had eaten more eeek!) Hubby suggested I didn't weigh in for 2 weeks after coming home - so did that but wasn't really on plan! But I was still surprised at the big gain. Gosh that was a long reply - bet ur sorry u asked now!! Hope ur right and this flab falls off!

Hi - yes thx over the bug now. I did overeat on first week of hols but then after that thought we'd eaten pretty healthily (just imagine what the gain wd have been if I had eaten more eeek!) Hubby suggested I didn't weigh in for 2 weeks after coming home - so did that but wasn't really on plan! But I was still surprised at the big gain. Gosh that was a long reply - bet ur sorry u asked now!! Hope ur right and this flab falls off!

Glad your better.our bodies are funny old things,even when we have the best of intentions they sometimes have other plans for us!

I'm currently on week two of couch to 5k and I'm enjoying it.tried eating sensibly today but wasn't organised enough so I left myself too hungry and ended up eating whatever was available,aargh! Tomorrow is another day lol

Every few hours I have a different idea of what I want to do-sw,ww,5:2,intuitive eating,just eating healthy,juicing,calorie counting.aaaaaaghhhh lol.im sure one day il wake up and something will click,it's just taking a while to happen lol

Hey why not do a day at a time on all those regimes lol! Let us know when u click - along with a detailed explanation of how u did it - cd be a money spinner! Xx

Hey why not do a day at a time on all those regimes lol! Let us know when u click - along with a detailed explanation of how u did it - cd be a money spinner! Xx

I'm not even joking when I say that I had considered doing a day of each haha,that's how I know I'm losing the plot lol!

I'm not even joking when I say that I had considered doing a day of each haha,that's how I know I'm losing the plot lol!

That's losing the plot - that's when we all give in to elastic waists, even bigger knickers and stop posting here!!

Seriously tho - I've had phases of doing a different diet a day and still sometimes do this to stop me getting bored on SW plan:

day 1 - Sw but with no Syns or healthy extras
day 2 - SW with healthy extras but no syns
day 3 - Sws with Syns no extras
then repeat
Prob is that I can't think of a time when I've got past day 2!!

I think it wd be a good to alternate each day but planning and shopping cd get tricky and confusing too! But we wdn't be bored wd we!!

Plus 6 for me after an absolutely amazing two week holiday in Tuscany. Lots of wine, cheese and ice cream and I don't regret any of it.

Fasting next week which should give a boost to losing it.

Could someone please update the list for me?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's losing the plot - that's when we all give in to elastic waists, even bigger knickers and stop posting here!! Seriously tho - I've had phases of doing a different diet a day and still sometimes do this to stop me getting bored on SW plan: day 1 - Sw but with no Syns or healthy extras day 2 - SW with healthy extras but no syns day 3 - Sws with Syns no extras then repeat Prob is that I can't think of a time when I've got past day 2!! I think it wd be a good to alternate each day but planning and shopping cd get tricky and confusing too! But we wdn't be bored wd we!!

I like to think of myself as a relatively sensible person but when it's comes to food,dieting and losing weight,all my sense goes out the window and I turn into a lunatic lol.going to do five days of juicing next week to give me some energy and a bit of a boost and then il see what I fancy doing after that.i felt amazing when I was juicing before so goodness knows why I stopped!

Back