2015 Weight Loss Challenge

I often do that...keep repeating in my head. 1lb is good anything above a bonus to try and stop me doing it to myself.
I will really have to do that because what I'm doing is just self sabatage and I have images of me eating all round me on Thursday if the scales don't say what I want them to lol

That's what always ruined it for me last year. Expecting too much then eating as I was upset with results.

Feeling happier and more in the zone this time round as trying to only expect 1lb on good weeks so any more is a nice surprise.

Well...except for weeks where 2 day before weigh in I am off to Frankie and Benny's for hubby's birthday lunch like this week. Being strict all days round it and will skip dinner that day in hopes I can at least maintain lol

Hi think I'll be popping by more often this month as need motivating ! Started afresh from today doing what has worked in the past calorie counting plus fasting . Today is my first fast day in ages and I'm doing fine had soup for lunch drinking lots of water got 400 calls left for later lots of veggies I think with a small portion of protein . Worked out tomorrow ill have 1500 calls then Wednesday will be by second fast day for the week . Hope I'm not boring you all too much :) have a happy week everyone x

That's what always ruined it for me last year. Expecting too much then eating as I was upset with results. Feeling happier and more in the zone this time round as trying to only expect 1lb on good weeks so any more is a nice surprise. Well...except for weeks where 2 day before weigh in I am off to Frankie and Benny's for hubby's birthday lunch like this week. Being strict all days round it and will skip dinner that day in hopes I can at least maintain lol

That's the way I should be thinking,a pound a week would have me at goal by October,im just very impatient lol.enjoy your lunch and make sensible choices the rest of the time and hopefully it will all balance out!

Hi think I'll be popping by more often this month as need motivating ! Started afresh from today doing what has worked in the past calorie counting plus fasting . Today is my first fast day in ages and I'm doing fine had soup for lunch drinking lots of water got 400 calls left for later lots of veggies I think with a small portion of protein . Worked out tomorrow ill have 1500 calls then Wednesday will be by second fast day for the week . Hope I'm not boring you all too much :) have a happy week everyone x

You sound like you've got a good game plan of what you are going to do and I think that's half the battle.good luck with it!

That's what I am hoping as last week we had really high calorie meals Monday at the funeral and after and then again I had a 3 course lunch.

Somehow I still lost 1.2lb's so hoping only one bad meal I can at least do the same if I skip dinner that day and stick to cals rest of week.

I'm on a hen next weekend Friday to Sunday so will WI on Friday - a couple of days early but feel that will be better than no WI at all. In a bid to give me a boost and head start I'm doing two fasting days this week. Feeling fine so far today with about 250 calories left for dinner this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

well done jacqu79 that a great loss :clap: welcome Pratainua good luck with the challenge

Fingers crosses for you cat with your diet bet I have 9.1lbs to loss seem such a big number will be great it we both make it. I have my final weigh in later for my first bet excited to see how much I have won.

I'm on a hen next weekend Friday to Sunday so will WI on Friday - a couple of days early but feel that will be better than no WI at all. In a bid to give me a boost and head start I'm doing two fasting days this week. Feeling fine so far today with about 250 calories left for dinner this evening.

Sounds like a good plan good luck not tried fasting yet but have been looking into it.

Oop you sound so motivated! What is pb2? Ive seen it mentioned a lot
Hi, thanks!

Pb2 is powered peanut butter. Dried peanuts with fat squeezed out..... Two tablespoons is only one weight watchers pro point. Mix it with water to make a spread enough for two slices of toast or add it to smoothies, baking, or use to makes satay sauce. It's quite tasty and loads less fat and calories than the real thing. You can get it from amazon or ebay. There's a choc pb2 version too! :)

Sounds like a good plan good luck not tried fasting yet but have been looking into it.

After having weeks and weeks of STS lose one gain one I tried fasting last summer. I found doing it every other week just gave me that little extra boost. I find I don't get hungry at all on the days although wouldn't want to do it for more as it is quite restrictive just having 500 cals.

Hi, thanks!

Pb2 is powered peanut butter. Dried peanuts with fat squeezed out..... Two tablespoons is only one weight watchers pro point. Mix it with water to make a spread enough for two slices of toast or add it to smoothies, baking, or use to makes satay sauce. It's quite tasty and loads less fat and calories than the real thing. You can get it from amazon or ebay. There's a choc pb2 version too! :)

Ooh sounds lovely - is it widely available do u know? xx

Good plan and well done - yes 5:2 seems fab - I've tried it - but haven't managed a whole day!! but will keep trying!

Ive got it in my head that I really want 3.25 lbs off this week.i don't know why I do that to myself because it's completely unrealistic so if I do get a loss on Thursday im only going to be disappointed even though I should be happy

Oh No!! Like u and Cat I do that all the time - I even write lists/charts etc - yes I'm obsessed!

Why do we torture ourselves like that - what if I tell u u'll gain this week - wd that make u feel more content with whatever loss u have hee-hee?

Last edited:
Had a little look at the 5:2 diet. Calorie counting has been working for me so far but I'm tempted to give that a go!

Today is my official weigh in day and it's brilliant news :D ; I'm down to 13st 7.6lbs. Every week that brings a loss just adds a little slice of confidence to myself, I'm ecstatic :D:D!!

UPDATED : 3/2/15

Joanne - pledged 56lbs - lost 8lbs

Autumn500 -pledged 42.5lbs - lost 15.25lb (27.25 to go)
CatA - pledged56lbs - lost 9lbs
Jimbob12345 -pledged 50lbs - lost 7.5
Hoz - pledged42lbs - lost 13lbs (29lbs to go)
sarahslimming -pledged 30lbs - lost 3.5lbs (26.5 to go)
Ryan91 - pledged40lbs - lost 10.4lbs - (29.6lbs to go)
eviescott -pledged 10lbs - lost 0lbs
Camplestar -pledged 94lbs - lost 11.6lb
AliceLouise -pledged 70lbs - lost 5lbs
bluehere - pledged 60lbs - lost 10lbs
choccywoccydooda -pledged 14lbs - lost 4.5lbs (approx. 10lbs to go....)
catmac - pledged 63lbs - lost 2.25lbs
bubble77 - pledged 54lbs - lost 11lbs
tink86 - pledged 60lbs - lost 8lbs
kaf72 - pledged 32lbs - lost 10.0bs
Safia - pledged 90lbs - lost 5.5lbs
jacqu79 - pledged 76lbs - lost 15 lbs (61lbs to go)
KentCat - pledged 42lbs - lost 5lbs
Katsmad64 - pledged 14lbs - lost 0.5lb
MummySelkirk - pledged 56lbs - lost 5lbs
MelonCollie - pledged 20lbs - lost 2lbs
Dfleming08 - pledged 58lbs- Lost 0lbs
NannyDoreen - pledged 42lbs - lost 6 1/2lbs - (35 1/2 to go)
LittleHistorian - pledged 42lbs - lost 2lbs
AmyFran - pledged 64lbs - lost 0lbs
Upndown - pledged 14lbs - lost 2.75lbs
Toujours - pledged 43lbs - lost 11lbs (32 lbs to go)
FitNotFatLor - pledged 50lbs - lost 0lbs
Penny (fittp00) - pledged 70lbs - lost 0lbs
AvaQuaver - pledged 50lbs - lost 7lbs - (43lbs to go)
Pratainua - pledged 42lbs - lost 4.6lbs ( 37.4 to go )

Had a little look at the 5:2 diet. Calorie counting has been working for me so far but I'm tempted to give that a go!

Today is my official weigh in day and it's brilliant news :D ; I'm down to 13st 7.6lbs. Every week that brings a loss just adds a little slice of confidence to myself, I'm ecstatic :D:D!!

Well done - great feeling to have good loss!

Last edited:
Back