2016..Ever Hopeful!

Emmaline

Hippety Hop!
I'm hoping for better things for the rest of 2016..Ever hopeful that this weight will start to go down again.
Here's to better things!

hypocrite.gif

Last edited:
Thursday 11th February 2016

Back pain a bit bad this morning but it's eased off now. hooray.

Contacted the car insurance underwriters again this afternoon and it took another 3/4 of an hour to complete the claim info.. began to wonder whatever next they were going to ask me... at least it's only going to be £100 now which is my excess altho' I'm wondering how much the insurance charge will be next time.

Doctor had given me a reference to getting some counselling as I've been having some episodes of depression lately. Filled out a form online and received a phone call last night to arrange a meeting. Having said I would prefer a face to face arrangement I was gradually talked round to accepting a phone consultation which I'm quite annoyed about... however, I'll see how it goes.

Another waver off course..
wavey.png
.. and annoyed with myself for that.

Counts: Cals 1,346 Carbs 136 SatFat 17 Protein 53 Sodium 1,822 Fibre 7

Includes 131 Calories for work done.

Good to see your giving this weight loss malarkey another go.
I know what you mean about wanting to do a face to face. See if they do Skype video ones. That way you can see who your talking to.:)

Good to see your giving this weight loss malarkey another go.
I know what you mean about wanting to do a face to face. See if they do Skype video ones. That way you can see who your talking to.:)

Never really gave up tbh Mary..
Don't think I like the idea of Skype.. I look b****y awful as it is without appearing on one of them!

Friday 12th February 2016

Quite a good day.. one of those times when I felt really slim..deliberately avoided any mirrors so as not to spoil the illusion.. :innocent002:

Had another phone call from surgery to say my urine test was a bit "suspicious"..but nothing to worry about so doc will be calling me next week to discuss it. (Tch!!)

One way and another I have a busy schedule next week, something booked for every day altho' on Wednesday my D and her H and the 2 GrtGrd children will be visiting which will be nice.

Made a scan bran fruit loaf this afternoon which I have been meaning to make for some time now. It will be interesting to see what it tastes like as scan brans are not to my taste ordinarily.

Food gone well. Kept to a very good plan even tho' I had a Chicago Town pizza with veg this evening.

Counts: Cals 1,280 Carbs 114 SatFat 27 Protein 53 Sodium 1,628 Fibre 11

Saturday 13th February 2016

An okayish day.. at least I've kept to a very good eating plan even tho' it didn't start off very well seeing as the old pains got me up a couple of times during the early hours.
Had a lovely treat of a fry-up at lunch time which included a whole slice of fried bread... yummy.. and tonight finished off the canned salmon mashed up with salad cream on a slice of bread and a bit of lettuce.

Not done much else.. quite lazy again.

Counts today: Cals 1,148 Carbs 93 SatFat 12 Protein 62 Sodium 1,867 Fibre 12

Sunday 14th February 2016

Cold day and had a couple of sleet showers.

Very pleased to see a loss this morning and hope it stays like that in the morning.
Tried hard to keep to a good plan and only weakened once and had a biscuit with a cuppa this afternoon.. actually needn't have eaten it as I was intending to take some more meds but it was too early for that. Looking thro' freezer for some more packs of bacon and saw an icecream.. my fingers lingered on it but I eventually managed to let go!
grin.png

Had another fry-up which doesn't amount to a whole load of carbs.. and will be having cheese with a rice cake for this evening with the usual small yogurt for supper.

Counts: Cals 1,281 Carbs 87 SatFat 21 Protein 48 Sodium 1,365 Fibre 7

Monday 15th February 2016
Delighted with another 1.6lbs loss. that makes me 198.8lbs (14st2.8lbs)

Quite a busy day.. Saw the nurse this afternoon for my DB check which was very good altho' cholesterol is up a bit. Very nice person but she did then start to instruct me on exercises I could do which really gets up my nose and she knew I was not happy about it and stopped..I told her that I know exactly what I can and cannot do!

She did tell me that the doc is phoning me regarding my kidneys as they are not working properly but I knew that anyway..and I really must drink more water!

Went to Tesco and then the post office and home.. and I didn't have any exhaustion affects either today which is great. My neighbour had very kindly taken in my prescription meds for me which I was very pleased about.

Counts are good but I admit I bought some ginger cake bars and ate two but I've adjusted my food to keep it at a good level.

Counts: Cals 1,195 Carbs 136 SatFat 26 Protein 38 Sodium 1,180 Fibre 15

Last edited:
Tuesday 16th February 2016

Suffered from my lapse in eating the 2 ginger cakes.. painful back again.. do I ever learn!?!

Hairdresser this afternoon so feeling much improved with my hair tidy again.. it does get so I look like I'm the "wild woman of Borneo" (a saying that was used at one time but perhaps not very appropriate these days..but YKWIM)
rofl.png

Phone call today about my app with the Well Being counsellor who wont be available so it's had to be cancelled.. "However, I see that you would prefer a face to face session .. let's see what we have .. oh no.. sorry.. it'll have to be a phone session is that okay?" .. Put phone down!! :flamingmade: Just not in the humour for their wishy-washy attitude I'm afraid.

Food gone very well.. Rainbow trout fillet this evening.. delish.

Counts: Cals 1,035 Carbs 87 SatFat 17 Protein 54 Sodium 946 Fibre 11

Wednesday 17th February 2016

Quite surprisingly I didn't feel like eating at all which is totally not like me! In fact I've only just had y evening meal (8.20pm) Had the other Rainbow trout fillet with a salad and some mash.. counts are very good today too.

Cals 1,224 Carbs 87 SatFat 19 Protein 66 Sodium 1,135 Fibre 9

Last edited:
Friday 19th February 2016

Had a great day yesterday!
Phone call from my D in the morning to meet them at their hotel for an evening meal..

In the afternoon I took my car into the garage assigned for an estimation on having the wing mirror done and a very nice man had a look, asked me why I was putting it thro' my insurance after telling me that I would have to pay £250 insurance excess (only says £100 on my documents!) and..to cut a long story .. said that wasn't necessary and they would be able to do it for me for much less! Yay!

From there went off to the hotel but the entrance is just off a very busy roundabout.. I slowed down somewhat trying to see where this was which was met immediately with lots of hoots and honks from the following cars which unnerved me with the result I went tootling off down the wrong road and onto the motorway heading for Yarmouth! Eventually came up to another roundabout where I was able to turn round but being rather confused at that point as to exactly where I was I went off at the first junction and ended up almost back at my front door..
angry.png
.. When I eventually got to the hotel they were not there as they had been out visiting so I was quite glad I hadn't kept them waiting.

Had a lovely time with the grt grands and my D and her OH and a lovely meal too.

Last edited:
Saturday 20th February 2016

Really lazy day.. didn't even get dressed.

Kept to a very good eating plan so I'm well pleased.

Breakfast - Petit Filous Fromage Frais 1 pot + Digestive Biscuits 2
Lunch - Bread 29g + Ardennes Pate Coarse 29g
Snack - Scan Bran Fruit Loaf 1 slice
Dinner - Beef Lasagne homemade + Salad
Supper - Petit Filous Fromage Frais 1 pot
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,231 Carbs 128 SatFat 25 Protein 54 Sodium 1,089 Fibre 13

Last edited:
Sunday 21st February 2016

It's been quite a good day especially diet-wise.
Haven't done anything much in the way of working as my back and hip have been really painful and I'm wondering whether if I try to drink a lot more that it will help.. must do that as I keep on saying I know I don't drink anywhere enough.

Had a jacket potato with cheese and peas this evening and boy! was it tasty! I cook the potato in the microwave first and then finish it off in the oven with a small dollop of butter which crisps up the jacket..
tongue.png

Breakfast - Petit Filous Fromage Frais 1 pot
Lunch - Bread 29g + Ardennes Coarse Pate 27g
Snack - Brazil Nuts 35g + Nescafe 1.8g + Double Cream 26ml
Dinner - Jacket Potato 196g + Butter 4g + Cheese 50g + Peas Garden (canned) 80g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,232 Carbs 83 SatFat 36 Protein 48 Sodium 840 Fibre

Monday 22nd February 2016

Weight today was STS which I'm quite okay with.

Woke up with an awful pain in my chest like I've had a god punch under my ribs.. pleased that it's mostly gone but my back pain has been really bad and whilst I decided to go out for lunch half way there I was in agony.. had my meal and came straight home again to take some morphine but I'm still very uncomfortable.

Phone call from garage that said they would do my wing mirror to say that it's not worth their while and if I get the part he will fit it for nothing which is all very nice but I need to go to Thurlow Nunn to get it which I'm very loathe to do. Will try elsewhere first when I can get out again.

Ordered several small items online the other day and received a parcel this morning wondering what it could be as it was quite large. It was the size of a small shoe box and inside was 99.9% scrunched up brown paper with a small box on top in a fairly large plastic re-sealable bag..inside the box was another smaller re-sealable bag which contained a little suedette pouch and in that was a little parcel wrapped in tissue, inside that was another plastic bag that had yet another small plastic bag which contained a 2.2cm horseshoe charm!... I kid you not!

Food has been good ..

Breakfast - Banana + Oats 35g + Honey 7g
Lunch - Morrisons Chicken with Carrots, Peas and Mash + Hot Chocolate
Evening - Brazil Nuts 40g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,187 Carbs 112 SatFat 17 Protein 69 Sodium 687 Fibre 11

Tuesday 23rd February 2016

Very pleased to see that I have lost 1.4lbs which now makes it 197.4lbs (14st1.4lbs) which I am going to log as being under stress yesterday was the reason for not having lost anything...Yay!

Had a good day.. lots of odds and ends jobs done and pain subsided a lot thank goodness.

Checking my rings which I've been putting off but found a couple of them missing which were obviously ones that were stolen along with my bracelet. Did think about trying to claim off my home insurance but that's more trouble than it's worth.

Food today:
Breakfast - Banana + Petit Filous Fromage Frais 1 pot
Lunch - Toast 29g + Ardennes Pate 34g
Snack - Brazil Nuts 10g
Dinner - Beef Lasagne homemade 1 portion
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,200 Carbs 117 SatFat 27 Protein 57 Sodium 808 Fibre 10

Last edited:
Wednesday 24th February 2016

Good day.. Home help phoned last night to say she couldn't come as she isn't well so told her to leave it until next week.. better that she gets well properly and it's not as if I'm desperate.

Went to have my nail extensions removed which meant soaking my fingers in acetone but found that it began to make my skin very sore. I have read about how bad that is but I expect it's if it's being done on a regular basis. Final manicure result is very nice as usual.. it's a really lovely place and looks very posh.

Then a trip to Tesco and as I had another of my "slim" days I didn't even bother to look at anything other than veg and fruit and I decided to make sure I eat more fish. It's one thing that I do like but it's so fiddly and smelly. I did some steamed cod with veg tonight and really enjoyed it.

Breakfast - Digestive Biscuits 2 + Galaxy Drinking Chocolate 20g + Milk SS 200ml
Lunch - Bread 29g + Butter 6g + Eggs poached 2 + Coffee 2g + Double Cream 20ml
Snack - Brazil Nuts 10g
Dinner - Cod Fillet steamed 120g + Cabbage 100g + Peas Garden canned 110g + Colmans Seafood Sauce 30g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,180 Carbs 90 SatFat 20 Protein 67 Sodium 1,152 Fibre 14

Thursday 25th February 2016

Slept until about 10.30 after a rather restless night but feeling okay.

Did a real good tidy up all thro'.. not that it took very long.

Waiting for a phone call from doctor this afternoon and phoned to check if and when only to be told that the doc was away!! I know when I saw the nurse asking whether that call was now necessary and was told that he wanted to discuss a problem with my kidneys.. apparently it's 11th March!.... I think I'm "getting" old!
grin.png

Made some fish cakes with some steamed cod from last night, they looked great and were lovely and crispy but I couldn't taste the fish.

Breakfast - Banana small 1 + Kallo Rice Cakes 3 + L.C. Cheese 1
Lunch - Crackerbread 4 + Cheese 30g
Snack - Brazil Nuts 30g
Dinner - Fish Cakes homemade 2 + Cabbage 100g + Carrot 54g + Tomato Ketchup 20g
Extra - Milk SS 240ml

Cals 1,158 Carbs 112 SatFat 20 Protein 46 Sodium 842 Fibre 19

Saturday 27th February 2016

Yesterday I pushed myself into going to "The Good Old Days" group because I've realised that I had lost my confidence in meeting people.. I do get so I feel I'm just a nuisance and an oddity even tho' I know it's the fat talking. My back was quite painful but I was so glad that I made the effort as everyone was very pleased to see me and concerned about where I had got to.. so that was very nice and made me feel so much better too.

Used up some sour cream and made a quiche which I've been meaning to do for several days now.. and cooked the two rainbow trout I bought a couple of days ago.. well stocked up for meals now.

My D Sandra phoned yesterday and we had a lovely chat.. she is now waiting to go for an op on her foot to straighten her badly deformed and painful toes. They only do one foot at a time so it will take a while to get them both over and done with. However, I was talking about my ever wavering ideas on moving as I have been going thro' such a bad patch lately and am thinking quite seriously about it this time. Despite her situation there was no hesitation in the fact that her and her OH would come over and help me with the moving and I wouldn't be left to struggle on my own... which I was so pleased to know.

Last edited:
Back