21 Weeks Pregnant

SPE

I started my pregnancy obese and said to myself I would change my ways and eat healthy, so that I didn't gain much weight while pregnant. I'm now 21 weeks, total gain of 6lbs. I'm a bit disappointed in myself but the result could have been much worse.

I feel lost as I know he scale is going to go up, I'm growing a little baby boy. I am just worried and not confident in my ability to lose all this weight once he's here. With my 1st baby I fell pregnant while a healthy weight and didn't have any pregnancy insecurities about weight. I feel like this is taking over the pregnancy, the worry about weight is on my mind more than my baby.

Anyone followed slimming world successfully while pregnant?
I've tried slimming world in be past when I haven't been pregnant and struggled with portion control and unlimited 'potato/pasta/rice' they say eat until you are full as long as 1/3 speed. I'm not sure I have the ability to know I'm full.

P.S I'm 5ft9 and a UK size 18. Not classed as a high risk pregnancy as my bmi is 32 but still get treated bad at midwife appointments as they always mention my weight. Everything else has been fine apart from low blood pressure.

I joined online with the discount code today, excited!
Here goes nothing.

Back