250lb to lose - NEED help and friends for support

Brilliant - and soon that 4 stone loss will be for real :D How you doing today?

Doing ok diet wise.

Shocked and upset to hear about Robin Williams :( I've been so depressed I've felt like ending it all on so many occasions so this has really affected me. I normally don't mourn people I've never met but it's really got to me. How desperate and sad and lonely he must have felt :(

I feel silly for being affected but it could so easily have been me. He had a lot more going for him than I ever will. I'm going to have a quiet day at home today. Don't even feel like eating.

How are you doing? Xx

You're not silly at all to be affected by it, hun, I think the whole world is reeling from the news. I've had to stop reading the tributes online as I keep welling up in the office.

Just keep yourself quietly busy at home - as his family have said, let's focus on his amazing achievements as an actor and comedian - and keep posting on here about anything and everything xxx

Hi Hershey and Lady Felsham can we buddy up? I weigh 351 lb today which is 25 stone and 1 lb. Am 5ft 3 and 56 years old.

We are all in the same boat.

Hi Hershey and Lady Felsham can we buddy up? I weigh 351 lb today which is 25 stone and 1 lb. Am 5ft 3 and 56 years old. We are all in the same boat.

Sure you can :) welcome!

What diet are you following? Xx

Absolutely hun, the more the merrier - come on board :D I'm doing calorie counting - which works well when I don't sabotage myself!

I tried the harcombe diet and although I lost 6lbs in 5 days it was hell!!! No carbs or sugar :( I felt rubbish!

Cal counting means I can still lose while eating what I want but within my calorie range! Why restrict yourself?! Life is for living! I will eat crisps for the rest of my life, and I will eat bread with cheese. What I won't be able to do is have only meat with carbless veg and never have a takeaway again!! It's not doable!

So today's food is

Belvita breakfast biscuits :) my saviour and surprisingly filling!

A cheese and tom roll with celery sticks, a few crisps and homous with a cuppa tea and a small choc

Steak with wedges, onion rings and pepper sauce!

Now that's my kinda diet!! Xx

Also!! New scales have arrived!! Will hold off weighing til tomorrow.

Start weight was originally 411 :( that was 2 years ago.
Haven't weighed for a while so it'll be interesting to see what I am now. I've had a bad few weeks but then a good few days so I'm hoping I'm under 400 at least!

X

Oh no :( I weighed :(

Admittedly after eating and drinking lots of water and with my clothes on... 411.8 :( humph :(

This has defo kicked me up the bum!

First goal!! 399 x

You'll see 399 on the scales in no time :D

I am also shocked and upset to hear about Robin Williams. It's SO easy to pretend to be ok, to hide depression and other mental illnesses. It's just upsetting to know how low he must have been feeling to have done that.

Have you ever tried kale crisps?
I can't have crisps while taking xenical and when I did VLCD's we could have green veg and kale crisps are pretty yummy (without the fat and calories in normal crisps!)
You just put curly kale on a baking tray, spray with frylight and add salt and pepper/mixed herbs/paprika/curry powder and pop in the oven or microwave until crispy.

Absolutely!!!! :)

I'll give the kale crisps a miss thanks :) I like lots of leafy green things but for some reason I just can't get on with kale - or rocket bleugh :)

Once it's been cooked and gone crispy (and has salt/paprika ect on) it doesn't taste like kale! I hate kale but tried the crisps and they are just little flavoured crispyness!

This...............but I've found they soon shut up if you yell back at them. It always surprises them as they think we're an easy target, they soon go away when they realise we have voices too.

Welcome to Mini's.

Yup, they go bright red if you answer back!
After 5 hours travelling from Liverpool to London by coach I stopped for Burger King with my Daughter before the train back to Lewes (at 9pm it was one of few options available)... and we had some people giggle and whisper as we ate near the platforms....

They soon shut up and went red when I said "oh, haven't you ever seen a fat person eat before? I'm sure it looks the same when you eat"

Yup, they go bright red if you answer back! After 5 hours travelling from Liverpool to London by coach I stopped for Burger King with my Daughter before the train back to Lewes (at 9pm it was one of few options available)... and we had some people giggle and whisper as we ate near the platforms.... They soon shut up and went red when I said "oh, haven't you ever seen a fat person eat before? I'm sure it looks the same when you eat"

Thing is with me, I'm so argumentative that if I don't bite my tongue I'll probably end up scrapping with someone!!! So for the sake of not being arrested I have to not say anything!
I've had it up to my eyeballs over the years with people making comments so I've become very 'anti other people' when I'm out and about.

Change of plan for tea coz I forgot to defrost the steaks. Having pasta and garlic bread. That will defo sort of my totm carb crave :) x

Hopefully come the morning after a wee you should be around 409ish so it'll be even easier and still less than before :) . You can do it!! You WILL be losing weight hun and hopefully feeling better than ever. We're all behind you :)

Huge hugs :)

Hopefully come the morning after a wee you should be around 409ish so it'll be even easier and still less than before :) . You can do it!! You WILL be losing weight hun and hopefully feeling better than ever. We're all behind you :) Huge hugs :)

I hope so!! Seeing that number has shocked me into my diet mind!!

Just had tea. Stuffed to the gills :) that's better!

Cuppa tea and my feet up now x

Hi hon, I felt just the same about Robin Williams, like someone I knew really well had died. He's been an idol of mine for decades, and I just couldn't believe it. You can tell by the reaction in the media and on-line how much people loved him, and it's so sad that it wasn't enough to lift him out of depression, but of course mental health doesn't work like that, unfortunately. He will be missed. :( xx

Morning everyone.

Joe (nearly hubby) woke up late for work and I had a very bad dream. Not a great start to the day!!

Anyway, me and my son are going to try making homemade pea and ham (bacon) soup today for lunch. We usually buy tins but thought it may be better for us with only a hand full of fresh ingredients.

I'm challenging myself to another good day today. That'll be 3 in a row then :)

I'll weigh in a bit when I get up properly! The luxury of having a nearly 13 year old who can make his own breakfast and wants to play on xbox all day long means I can have a lie in in the holidays :) xx

Had a little weigh coz totm arrived and had to eat something to take the tabs in on for totm so had to drink too.

So today I'm 408.8. Still horrendously horrendous but less than yesterday!! And it's totm so hopefully next week I'll be under 400.

Let's do this :) xx

Back