27 with 7 stone to lose. Advice needed- please

Hi Emma just found your diary and wanted to say hello! Whatever you decide I've subscribed for support x

Hi Fit, thanks for popping over :) I appreciate youre on side no matter which route I take!

Kara - Im going to do this week regligiously SW and see how I get on before I make the big decision, Ive planned teas for the next week and I have a naughty breakfast of omelette sandwich using up my HEB and 6 syns for bread its lunch that I struggle with but will see how I get on.

Letz - thanks for sending such a long post its lovely of you. I too love food and feel like im always having that convedrsation in my head do I want to be on a diet for life should I just give in, but the biggr I am the unhappier I get so really I know its not an option and I need to do something. its right that I don't exercise and I should of course I should but its daunting when youre big and already feel like everyones watching. Again youre right about time but I just want to do something and see a difference I know slow and steay wins the race and all of that but slow and steady feels sh*te sometimes lol
Its very kind of you to say I look nice but that photo was a looooooooooooooooooooong time ago now and was actually when Id just finished Cambridge and was down to about 13 stone - lowest ive been since I was about 20 which is a very scary thought.

So there was me all proud of myself last night for having two days on plan (SW) albeit without the 1/3 superfree but I'm trying which is better than normal! Then the BF rocks up with ben and jerrys, cooked pieces of belly pork and steak slice pasties..... not to mention he wants us to try the posh vodka he bought me at the weekend! I didn't eat any of the food and I did have a vodka but only one small one with diet lemonade so not all is lost as up until then id had roughly 10 syns I think so vodka keeps me within that.

II said to my mum this morning its ridiculous that im so proud of myself for doing 2 days lol but at the same time I feel disheartened cos theres no difference.... for the lve of god its been two days! I need to get a grip! It takes time, I just don't want it to lol.

Hi! Well done for starting your journey, you're right to feel proud of yourself! Making a commitment to change your life is a big deal. I think all of us are guilty of the 'I've been dieting for a whole 12 hours...am I skinny yet?!' feeling from time to time. But it WILL take time, so get your head around that pronto because otherwise you'll set yourself up to fail, and we defo don't want that. Remember the time will pass anyway, so at least you're heading in the right direction while it does.

Try to measure your progress in terms other than what the scales read. Resisting temptation last night - good self esteem. Going for a walk? - improved fitness levels and great for the circulation. And so on. I find it so much easier to stay on track when I put equal focus on the health benefits as I do on how much better I look. You may not notice any difference in your appearance or the scales may not move from week to week, but that doesn't mean that those workouts I did last week haven't helped my heart. Nor does it mean that putting nutritious calorie controlled food in my system hasn't improved my overall well-being. You can make IMMEDIATE changes that benefit your health, and these are the changes you'll want to stick to even when you have no more weight to lose.

It takes willpower sure, but that is helped by realising that when you turn something down (that you'd actually really 'like') you aren't restricting yourself, you are rewarding yourself with the healthy body you deserve.

Good Luck!!!

Esta thank you for such a nice post, its just hard starting out. I find once im in the 'zone' its ok but its getting into the right mindset. I going to really try to do a full week and see how I get on then decide how to move forward from there.

Although hes just showed up again bless him and wants a freezer lunch, good point being I can get rid of naughty freezer food eg mini chicken kievs, bad point cooking the mini chicken kievs! lol

With so many treats you should really be proud of yourself! So much will power - I must say that I wouldn't have it, Ben & Jerry are too good for me to resist :)
Congratulations!

Last edited:
I would never turn down ice cream for vodka so v well done. ordinary vodka is 4 syns for 35mls so I am sure you will be in syns.

Quorn mini kievs are only 0.5 syns each if you don' mind quorn - I love mini kievs so have the quorn ones now instead as lower in syns.

Snow - OMG I think I love you! that's mazing info!!! I used quorn mince but haven't had other products as thought they were high in syns for some reason ahhhh im excited.

Im not bothered about ice cream unless its Mr Whippy then thered be no chance of resisting. I mean obviously id normally just eat it lol but I didn't. Id normally have naughty food over booze any day I don't drink in the house normally but hed bought the special vodka so had to show willing.

Ive been cleaning and doing gardening today but now im hungry im trying not to snack as surely 3 meals a day is enough?? plus I fear if I start to eat I may not stop lol x

Emma, actually you should have snacks! They will help to control your appetite between meals, then you won't feel so hungry and won't eat a lot :)
As you are doing SW, perhaps you can have a super free food, such as a fruit, as a snack.

I usually have 2-3 snacks per day and I'm still losing weight (exceptions when I go mad-chubby-mode). Sometimes I have one between breakfast and lunch, another between lunch and dinner and then a night snack.

thanks sweeties - Ill look into some quorn options :)

You see im all or nothing lol if I start snacking then I wont stop and then itll be with naughty food and then it spirals out of control lol!

I had cottage pie tonight, extra lean mince, onion and bisto then mash obvs. served with cabbage and broccoli. Im not sure about syns in bisto but im still calling it 15 a day.
10 for breakfast and then leaving 5 for bits n bobs with tea eg bisto or tomato sauce

x

lady - if theyd of been corned beef pasties it may have been different!

Corned beef! Bleuch you can have those all to yourself :D

And please call me Susie, I'm as far from a lady as you can get :D

Susie it is then lol - I wouldn't thank you for actual cornedbeef but c.b pastie..... different all together. Plus its a northern thing!

Susie, your batcat picture told me that you were one of mine since the very beginning, by this I mean... far from being a lady hahaha.

I love Quorn chipolatas, but didn't like the minced beef :/
Emma what plan are you following? SW? Sorry if you said before, but I wasn't sure.

Im trying a strict week on SW to see how I get on x

I haven't felt very well today and its been hard to be good as surely I cant be the only one to want rubbish when they feel rubbish however im hoping that its all the yucky stuff leaving my system but who knows.

tried to cut down on breakfast syns this morning and had omelette on one piece of toast with beans.... it wasn't satisfying and I felt sad... lol sad actually sad.
Lunch I had left over shepherds pie

Tea was really nice, piripiri chicken breasts from aldi 3.5 which were lush and aldi tomato and red pepper risotto which is 3 syns for all of it so 5 syns all together with broccoli.
was really surprised by how nice this was and mega cheap.

I also made oak cookies for my mum as HEB which I had a nibble of and they were nice.

x

Back